Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Better/ more detailed rule list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merrick Bloodwing

Unremarkable
So i was thinking about the BW tf2 server rules and noticed that rule#1 "Be respectful to everyone" Isn't very detailed.
People's level of respectfulness vary from person to person, this might cause problems.
For example person #1 says something mean/rude/ offensive to person #2 but person #1 thinks that they are still following the rules because they were just "telling the truth" or "stating a fact" or etc...
Here are some suggestions i came up with:
#1 Think before you speak,how would you feel if someone said that to you?
#2 Do not tease, mock, or harass other players.
#3 Don't judge people based on there profile or make fun of them if they like something you don"t.
*** Anyone who has other suggestions are welcome to comment your idea***
I think this would be a good step towards making the BW servers a more friendly and enjoyable place to be. I still believe that people who join BW servers, or any server for any game, should be able to have fun and enjoy there time spent on the server(s) without having to deal with hostile/aggressive people.
****I know this is the internet and it's impossible to make everyone happy but I still think it's worth trying****

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Well imo #1 Treat others how you would want to be treated.

Other then that yeah guess they sound alright.

It's a shame TF2 doesn't have custom UI like GMod does... else this could all be stated on one single page.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Well imo #1 Treat others how you would want to be treated.
#3 Don't judge people based on there profile or make fun of them if they like something you don"t.
that's more or less all the same. keep it simple.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'm also of the opinion that general rules would make the servers a better place.
Common sense should override the loopholes, but many people just don't have it, so detailed rules should be accessible in the forums.
For instance, there's nothing in the rules that prevents people from massively delaying, even though common sense should dictate that you're not supposed to hide from saxton in an inaccessible spot or avoid the deathrun 'motivator' with map exploits (and then sit in a corner and do nothing).

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
So i was thinking about the BW tf2 server rules and noticed that rule#1 "Be respectful to everyone" Isn't very detailed.
People's level of respectfulness vary from person to person, this might cause problems.
For example person #1 says something mean/rude/ offensive to person #2 but person #1 thinks that they are still following the rules because they were just "telling the truth" or "stating a fact" or etc...
Here are some suggestions i came up with:
*** Anyone who has other suggestions are welcome to comment your idea***
I think this would be a good step towards making the BW servers a more friendly and enjoyable place to be. I still believe that people who join BW servers, or any server for any game, should be able to have fun and enjoy there time spent on the server(s) without having to deal with hostile/aggressive people.
****I know this is the internet and it's impossible to make everyone happy but I still think it's worth trying****

I've chosen such few rules because no one reads rules. No one cares about rules until an admin is on the server. Be respectful to everyone covers your main ideas. I don't really see how harassment levels would decrease by adding those rules.
Finally, if a person takes the "insults" of other people seriously on the internet, then I'm not sure if the internet is the right place for that person.

Merrick Bloodwing

Unremarkable
I've chosen such few rules because no one reads rules. No one cares about rules until an admin is on the server. Be respectful to everyone covers your main ideas. I don't really see how harassment levels would decrease by adding those rules.
Finally, if a person takes the "insults" of other people seriously on the internet, then I'm not sure if the internet is the right place for that person.
good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom