Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Begone with RNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
Team Fortress 2 is a competitive video game.
RNG in a competitive game doesn't usually go well.
I'm certain somebody has already complained about this before, but I'd like to spread the word a little bit.

tf_weapon_criticals 0
tf_use_fixed_weaponspread 1
Get rid of !rtd

This way, people don't feel cheated by the game when they die to a stupid crocket.
Yes, I know there are "no random crits" servers, but why not enforce it globally?
Nobody likes random crits.
Maybe make separate, special servers with random elements enabled; that way the !rtd plugin isn't wasted, but really, nobody likes dying because r-n-jesus just felt like it.

Puddin²

Nº1 Closet Hacker
Staff Member
Admin

Puddin'

Team Fortress 2 is not a competitive video game, not even close.
There have been multiple discussions about removing random crits from our servers and they've always been declined.

As for !rtd, it's a randomly generated effect, yes, but;
1. it only lasts for a short time, depending on the effect
2. TF2 still isn't competitive

I'd be okay with removing random bullet spread, though.

EDIT: Added a poll.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Team Fortress 2 is a competitive video game.
RNG in a competitive game doesn't usually go well.
I'm certain somebody has already complained about this before, but I'd like to spread the word a little bit.

tf_weapon_criticals 0
tf_use_fixed_weaponspread 1
Get rid of !rtd

This way, people don't feel cheated by the game when they die to a stupid crocket.
Yes, I know there are "no random crits" servers, but why not enforce it globally?
Nobody likes random crits.
Maybe make separate, special servers with random elements enabled; that way the !rtd plugin isn't wasted, but really, nobody likes dying because r-n-jesus just felt like it.
Really, the game where rocket jumping and killing people with wrapping paper and finger guns is meant to be a competitive video game? Do tell me how you drew that conclusion.
TF2 has always been a silly, absurd game based on its fun factor, and while competitive has quite the following, the fact that an official playlist took 8-ish years to introduce shows that its the exception, not the rule, and that the same should apply here. If you want some standalone servers with these changes, fine, they prob already exist, but you shouldn't get to ruin the fun for the rest of us for the sake of making it "more competitive," which I doubt it was intended to be in the first place.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I believe the majority of the community would like to keep the things that make tf2 "more unpredictable". This isn't a proper ranked game, this is a community server where people get mad if you try and play the game properly (aka capping the intel) so I think keeping these things is fine.

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
Well, I'm more of a competitive player, so I can see how the more casual folks may have no problem with it, but specifically on servers that are mainly populated with people that are decently good at the game, we like to think that our skill matters. I'm not trying to defend it or anything, but I would like to see a temporary compromise come up. Maybe allow for voting to toggle random crits? I dunno.

gore

aeiou
Staff Member
Admin

gore

Are you asking to remove all the features you've mentioned in every server that has them?

What are you exactly directing this suggestion towards?

Underscore

Somewhat Threatening
I would like to see these things removed from every server, but it appears that people wouldn't like that. I think random crits are BS, other people think they're funny. I think rtd is cheap, some people think it's just extra fun. I'd like to settle on a compromise; whether that be voting, specific servers only, etc.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hello, we already do have fixed weapon spread on all servers. However the other things we would not like to remove. If you would like a very vanilla TF2 experience, I'd recommend TF2 Competitive. Thanks for the suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom