Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Bear's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear

Rocky

Personal Information

Name

Joshua

Your Age

England

Your SteamID

STEAM_0:1:114605072

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?

Yes

If Yes, which ones?

Not only have I been an admin for servers, I've also managed my own communities throughout a couple of games, my most recent and easily the best community was for unturned, sadly it is shut down however I still have the discord if you'd like to join as proof of its existence. I ran it with 3 other staff members who were very close friends to me, the discord gained 125 members in the 4 months it was up, and it easily hit the max player count everyday. When it comes to being an admin for TF2 servers, I have managed a total of 2 servers for my friends, neither of them are still up.

Are you familiar with admin commands?

Yes I am familiar with admin commands, despite not being an admin for a fair amount of time, I still understand the basic commands.

On which servers do you usually play?

Hightower No cart

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?

I simply want to do it for the community, I genuinely enjoy being on the server and I want to be the one to help out if there was someone breaking the rules. I believe the server would benefit from me being around, due to it being a F2P. The server is sure to run into someone that wants to break the rules.

Do you know any of our current staff members?

Not as of yet

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.

12AM-11PM UK (GMT+1) is when I'm available, however I do not have a set playtime,

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

When it comes to cheating in anyway, I believe they shouldn't be given a chance. I would ban them on the spot with a set time.
With spammers I would simply ask them to stop in both chat and voice chat, if they dont comply I would server mute/gag them for around 10 minutes, Slowly increasing the time if they continued
I run off a 2 warning system before a kick, if I catch a rulebreaker I'll be giving them 2 warnings, then a kick. If I manage to find them coming back and continuing with their rule breaking, I'd ban them for a small amount of time, increasing the time every time they come back and break our rules.
However if its a rather small offence, such as putting inappropriate spray, I'll ask them to leave the server and change their spray, if they dont comply I would set a spray ban

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.

Like I said earlier in my application, my names Josh. I'm an easy to talk to person both in game and discord. I've owned steam and TF2 for 4 years, reaching 1.9k hours in TF2. I'm always active on discord, I don't mind being Pinged, so if there's ever an issue with a cheater or rulebreaker and no ones on, I'm your go to man. On the server i play on, I've made a solid friendship with a certain amount of people on it. I'm able to make simply meshes in blender and I'm alright on Photoshop. Instead of playing casual, Blackwonder is my go to place for enjoyment. If I'm not playing League of Legends I'll be enjoying myself on the hightower servers. I'm a mundo main ;)

Wodeurus

Uncharitable

Alex

Hello Joshua, your application seems fine in general, but I'd suggest you to specify at what rate would you increase punishment times. Also, going below 30min is pretty much pointless as it's the time for !votegag/!votemute donators have.
I would ban them on the spot with a set time.
We permanently ban hackers, recording a demo as evidence before doing so.
My main issue with you is that you somehow don't have any sessions and chatlogs on the servers according to tfstats, which means that you started playing during the last week, because tfstats seemingly was/is down since July 24th.
I'd suggest you to play more on the servers and get to know people before applying in the future, I wouldn't call you a staff material right now.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi Joshua,

First off, let me say that I like the approachable attitude you seem to convey in your application. I do have a couple of concerns. Namely, how new you are and a lack of explanation on punishments. You must be very new, based on your lack of information on our website that tracks users (it has been down 4 days). For now, I am going to deny this application; however, I look forward to you coming back in a few weeks when you have more experience and a better understanding of the community's expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom