Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted BananAsriel's Moderator Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Username: BananAsriel

Name
BananAsriel

Your Age

Do you have at least 3 days cumulative days of playtime on Blackwonder servers in the last year. At the time of submitting this application: 17 days, 14 hours, 42 minutes, 7 seconds.

Have you been punished in the last 60 days? No

Have you had an application declined in the last 90 days? No

Do you have a microphone? Yes

Have you read the guide, on how to apply? Yes

Your SteamID2
STEAM_0:1:112443868

Your DiscordID
BananAsriel#4191

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

Which servers have you previously managed?
I used to be a Super Moderator for the roleplay servers of an Unturned community called Pandahut from 2016 to 2019, through the time before retiring as staff i became a staff trainer and, along with an Admin, was in charge of training new applicants.

if you'd like to inquire more about that, my staff applications still exist in their forums, they date back to 2016 up to 2019 as there was a gap of time where i resigned and then applied again months later which is when i became a super mod and then resigned again.

Other than this i dont hold experience in staffing Tf2 servers specifically

On what servers do you usually play on and which one would you like to moderate?
The US, LA, TX, NY and MEX regions of Jailbreak and 2fort

Why would you like to become a moderator?
I have been a part of blackwonder for over a year and it was until January of this year that i became actively involved in the community to meet others and interact with people. I would like to become a moderator because i consider that with the experience i have i could help as a staff member for the improvement of the servers, specially Jailbreak due to its infamous streak of mishaps and such events

Do you know and have spoken to any of the current staff members? Yes

Please let us know the names of staff members you have spoken to or know
10000 Cold Knights
Abaddon

Herzog Widukind
How often do you play TF2?
On a daily basis between the time frames of 3 pm - 12 pm EST, i can be aviable in the weekend mornings too if its required

Please give us your ideal way of punishing players, specific to the server you want to moderate
The following are permanent punishments that are issued without the need of a warning, including Jailbreak:

Failing a mic check by staff - Teamban (jb)
Cheating - Ban paired with evidence of the player in question cheating
Advertising cheats - Gag / mute accordingly
NSFW spray / NSFW decals - Spray ban
Every Punishment that follows after a prior punishment of a month in the player's record

The following are punishments that follow a ladder or escalating times to fit the gravity of the offense and how much its been repeated by a player:
* if the punishment originates from a player report, the punishment can extend directly to 12 hours or 1 day depending on severity and priors of the player in question

Global / General punishments:

Vote dodging a FAIR donor issued punishment vote, including jailbreak:
Extension of the punishment the vote was called for up to 12 hours , if repeated, double that every time until reaching the time of a month

Donor abuse, including jailbreak:
Warning > 1 hour > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Griefing: Player misbehaviour
Warning > Slay if needed > kick > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Toxic behavior, including but NOT limited to player disrespect: Mute or gag accordingly, silence if both
Warning > 1 hour > 2 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Mic / Chat spam: Mute or gag accordingly
Warning > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Exploiting, including but not limited to RTD exploits and also including Jailbreak: Kick or ban upon repeated offense
Warning with Slay / Smite > Kick > 1 hour > 2 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Calling out an undercover staff member: mute or gag accordingly
Warning > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Spawn-camping (if applicable): Kick or ban if repetitive
Warning > Slay > kick > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 1.5 days ( 36 hours ) > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Call Admin abuse: Considered as toxicity if the intents are malicious and aimed negatively toward staff, otherwise follow with banning
Warn verbally > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 1.5 days > 2 days > 3 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Avoiding a punishment through any means: extension of the punishment to the time that follows the one that was originally punished with regardless of the type of punishment within the ladder of the offense

Jailbreak specific punishments:
* a mute equates as a team ban as you need be able to use your mic if you play as a Guard
** actively speaking a different language other than English regardless of current team will be accounted as mic spam
*** Offenses that are punished with a ban will be replaced with a teamban if the offender is playing on blu team at the time of the offense, otherwise or afterwards will follow normal bans
**** If an offense results in the unfair death of other players this players will be respawned and returned to their original location

General:

Over-talking the warden or a mic check by staff: Mute

Ghosting: Mute or Gag accordingly

Delaying: ban
Warning > Slay or Beacon depending of the round and time of the delay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Sticky trapping: ban
Warning > slay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 4 hours > 8 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Camping the armory room or unreachable areas: ban
Warning > slay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Griefing, including but not limited button griefing and baiting intentionally (as a Blu): ban
Warning > Slay > 1 hour > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Flooding the chat or constant voice chat altercations with complains or accusations:
Will be accounted as spam and will follow its respective ladder of punishment time

Blue team - Guards: All of which account for teambans

Unwilling to be warden
Slay if unwardened or Warn otherwise + Force warden on a random blu right after> 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Trick orders and illegal orders such as Illegal minigames or illegal FF, pardoning and favoritism:
Slay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Freehitting repetitively:
Warning > slay + 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Freekilling (including freedays), if mass freekill extend time up to a day or a week based on the amount of kills and if there was a malicious intent
Slay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Camping rebel areas:

Teamkilling during FF
Slay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 1.5 days > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Chaining Days or forcing a Freeday
Slay + force warden on a random blu right after > 1 hour > 2 hours > 4 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 1.5 days > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1

Illegal hunt and chase, wandering away from the warden for no reason:
Warn every time > slay if first time after warn otherwise follow slay plus: > 1 hour > 2 hours > 4 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 1.5 days > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

LR denial:
warning > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 1.5 days > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Is there any other information you would like us to know about?
Useful Links:
TfStats page - https://tfstats.tf/player/80911
Direct Steam profile link - https://steamcommunity.com/id/Bananasriel/
Source bans:
A little about myself
Im a pleb that lives in south america, i think ive turned to be a recognizable person along the Jailbreak frequent players in this community. I do art as a side hobby and sometimes as a way to get keys. The Color of a Gentlemann's Business Pants is my favorite paint and my favorite color.

I'll be more than happy to correct any detail needed, and i thank you for taking the time to read my application and giving your feedback.

Are you proficient in languages other than English? Yes

Are you proficient in languages other than English? English is my second language, i originally speak spanish

Last edited:

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Only relevant prior is a mute from Tax Fraud for subpar mic quality 3 months ago. There has not been an issue since.
As for ladders:
Donor abuse, including jailbreak:
Revoke Donor privilege of calling votes up to 12 hours and double this time if repeated again until reaching 1 month
You will likely never have to worry about revoking the permissions directly, a scaling server ban is more appropriate here.
Griefing: will be accounted as toxicity, Unsportsmanlike conduct bad :(
This is referring to more in-game misbehavior than toxicity, like holding the intel to prevent players from capping on 2Fort, for example.
Sticky trapping: ban
Warning > slay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 4 hours > 8 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Camping the armory room or unreachable areas: ban
Warning > slay > 1 hour > 2 hours > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 4 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month

Griefing, including but not limited button griefing and baiting intentionally (Freeday abusing or as Blu): ban
Warning > Slay > 1 hour > 6 hours > 12 hours > 1 day > 2 days > 1 week > 2 weeks > 1 month
These are all teambans if a blue does them.
The rest look admissible, and you make a fair amount of reports. I've had no personal issues with you in-game that I can recall, and you're a regular on a few servers that could use more attention. Good luck with the app.

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

Thank you for your reply, i've made some changes for the issues you mentioned. As for the teambans i already keep that in mind, i plan to manage them on the same ladder, once a blu is teambanned if they commit the same offense as a red the next punishment becomes a server ban following the same scaling for that offense

General Zimmer

Store Manager
I have some things I wanna bring up.

You seem eager to take on hackers and removing them from the servers but 2 if your recent reports on hackers have been declined. With another report currently having an appeal, which I (currently) believe to not have sufficient evidence for a ban. This brings up the concern of when you'll be able to consistently find evidence.

declined reports
ban appeal

The other thing I wanted to bring up is your response to my explanation.
I already understand how interpolation works, although the explanation is always welcome, the difference between a poor and unstable connection and a deliberately high interpolation is the fluidity
The first part makes it seem you skimmed over and disregarded my explanation. I initially started the explanation to clear a misconception, and I would have made another attempt wasn't it for the fact that you probably weren't open-minded in this case and would've disregarded it again.

Having said this. You've still made a looot of reports, most of which are JB related but some being related to hacker, mic spam, and disrespectful behavior, and all of them were accepted. So most of your previous reports have gone well despite me picking 2 recent ones that didn't.

Last edited:

Lala7586.

Positively Inhumane
Staff Member
Admin
You seem to have a clear understanding of the rules and you have shown notable contributions to the community.
I wish you good luck and hope to see you on the team!

BananAsriel

Totally Ordinary

Banana

The first part makes it seem you skimmed over and disregarded my explanation. I initially started the explanation to clear a misconception, and I would have made another attempt wasn't it for the fact that you probably weren't open-minded in this case and would've disregarded it again.

Having said this. You've still made a looot of reports, most of which are JB related but some being related to hacker, mic spam, and disrespectful behavior, and all of them were accepted. So most of your previous reports have gone well despite me picking 2 recent ones that didn't.
definitely a low blow on my end as of lately
Even though it seemed like how you mention it, i did not disregard it and i kept in mind, at the time of that report the focus on what i had standing for the report was different from what you had firstly explained, i apologize if i was perhaps not clear or i was blunt about it.
Normally i try my best to gather as much evidence as i can, and i understand that when it comes to reports an appeals the input of any staff can be helpful and insightful and for that part i consider myself to be very open for, at the end it would be dumb and stubborn not to take someone else's second opinion on such things wouldn't it?
(I appreciate you bringing this up too, thank you)

Tax Fraud

The Monkey King
Staff Member
Recently banned from discord
image_2021-02-18_130309.png

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
So, a couple of things.
This was more of a slap on the wrist than anything, no real damage was done and now 2 months have passed without further incident (excluding that mishap in Discord). You seem to have taken my advice in that regard.
ban appeal
Purely for record's sake I would like to state that this appeal was eventually declined. That is all. The other points are still valid.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Welcome to the team. You will be receiving a message from me shortly with information to review prior to using any commands in servers.

BananAsriel STEAM_0:1:112443868 [U:1:224887737]
► BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak ◄
► BlackWonder US | Jailbreak ◄
► BlackWonder TX | Jailbreak ◄
► BlackWonder NY | Jailbreak ◄
► BlackWonder MEX | Jailbreak ◄
► BlackWonder US | 2Fort ◄

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom