Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Ban appeal for uh huh

Status
Not open for further replies.

uh huh oops lol

Strange

tony

Who banned you: @Ice
What was the reason in the ban: Admin Impersonation
Why should we reconsider your ban: I was banned as someone told Ice that I had impersonated an admin, what I had done was changed my name and added a [ADMIN] behind my name. Of course I wasn't trying to trick anyone I was just messing around. Now its understandable why this is bad and I of course will reconsider my thinking before doing anything of the sorts again. I believe that a 3 month ban was maybe a bit harsh. My argument is that on the server there are no rules, no suggestions, nothing said by the admin either. I am a regular on the server and have made friends with lots of people in the community and really wasn't trying to do anything wrong. The fact that I received no warnings for it and plenty of others (not just the other 2 who were banned by ice) were doing it and had 0 consequences. I understand I shouldnt have done it and accept a consequence, just not 3 months. I even did it in front of @Melonious and he changed my name but I was not warned, I was messing around not trying to trick anyone, just joking. I hope it's understandable that people make mistakes and since there were no warnings or rules, you could reconsider. Thank you and my apologies for the issue.
Have you had any previous bans on any of our servers: no
Which server was you banned on (If not sourcebanned): BlackWonder TX Bhop
Any other information you wish to include: Just my apologies for the whole issue, I really shouldn't have done it in the first place, but really wasnt trying to casue any harm.

Ice

Enemy of this Community

ice

You weren't the only one banned and none the less you should not have put that in your name. Other people that were banned were Memeinator, Connor, and pZEROlar. I will think about lowering it but for now it will stay at 3 months.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
You weren't the only one banned and none the less you should not have put that in your name. Other people that were banned were Memeinator, Connor, and pZEROlar. I will think about lowering it but for now it will stay at 3 months.
I don't know about you, but I think that it should be only around a day... Think about it, I didn't even give him punishment. I scrambled his name, it was just for fun and I was okay with it and monitored him for a little while. I believe you should unban him.

Ice

Enemy of this Community

ice

I don't know about you, but I think that it should be only around a day... Think about it, I didn't even give him punishment. I scrambled his name, it was just for fun and I was okay with it and monitored him for a little while. I believe you should unban him.
This isn't a one time thing this has happened, this has happened multiple times one time you were included which you took no action against. And how long I punish people isn't you business.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper

This isn't a one time thing this has happened, this has happened multiple times one time you were included which you took no action against. And how long I punish people isn't you business.

wow.. honestly @Melonious if you put (That's just my opinion) in every comment you make that judges people (like me).
stuff like what ice said
And how long I punish people isn't you business.
won't mostly happen if you do so :b

oh and since they did this multiple times, the length of the ban is actually very reasonable.
And to be honest what ice said is correct, it's up for every admin to ban everyone that breaks the rules in his own way.
sure we may have our differences, but you shouldn't go and tell him(or any admin) "You can't ban them for that long/You have to unban them"

giving your opinion is not a problem (Obviously), as long as you describe that it's only an opinion that won't change anything what so ever. (which changes things most of the times, surprisingly).

However.... this is just my opinion, don't be surprised, i may be right or wrong :3

Last edited:

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
I didn't want to reply here, since I'm not really involved, but since @2010wolf CURSED panda Obp stated his opinion, I guess I'll join

I'm with @Ice at this. How long and which way you punish someone should be up to every admin. Every admin was chosen because the community and head admins thought their behaviour, personality and opinion(s) make them fit as admins. Also, there is no norm here besides having a good/acceptable reason for it. And @Ice did.
Of course the punished player might not feel that he deserved the punishment and make a request to undo his punishment, but as long as valid reason are provided by the admin, it is his choice.
You can argue about it and state your opinion, but it's not up to you to decide if the punishment was right or wrong.

So sorry @uh huh oops lol (great name btw, *ehm*), but you will stay banned as long as @Ice thinks is correct/right

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
I didn't mean to judge all of you. I feel that it is fine. However it is just me and I am not that harsh. Also, can someone explain to me what sort of damage this can cause and why it deserves a punishment? I see some impersonators all the time when I'm on however I don't really care about them all that much unless I see them harassing people. Should I make so moves against them if I see such offenders?

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I didn't mean to judge all of you. I feel that it is fine. However it is just me and I am not that harsh. Also, can someone explain to me what sort of damage this can cause and why it deserves a punishment? I see some impersonators all the time when I'm on however I don't really care about them all that much unless I see them harassing people. Should I make so moves against them if I see such offenders?

Well...at least for me... saying that you are an admin or having that admin tag while you are not an admin is one of the most obvious rule breaking things.

The damage however..
Well for starters, if the so called "admin" that isn't an admin started insulting players right and left and acting like he has all the power, and started harassing players and telling them that they will be banned or kicked or... you know the shit that admins can do.
it will simply give a bad review about this community, and simply the players won't come back to it again, knowing that there are "bad and mean admins".

Same thing with "Messing around with players" has the same effect.
------------------------------
However, let's say that these players are actually respectful players, they won't harass, they won't do shit from all of the above... is it okay for them to act like an admin by putting the admin tag right next to their names?
No... ofc not >_>
because if these players are actually trustworthy and really want to become an admin, they can simply make an admin app and get the admin powers.
Edit: However, they can try and warn the players that they will bring an admin to the server, or generally speaking helping out admins and trying to improve the community.
And i do believe that only when an admin allows for such an act for a short time under his own responsibility, only then it's okay (i'm not sure about this last part to be honest <<<<).

moreover as mentioned from the players that were banned by @Ice , they were just "messing around"
and so, they deserve that punishment.

Moral of the story, it will give a bad impression for this community, and eventually the community will die with less and less players joining the servers from such behavior.

And yet... Surprise surprise... this is just my opinion.

Last edited:

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
Well...at least for me... saying that you are an admin or having that admin tag while you are not an admin is one of the most obvious rule breaking things.

The damage however..
Well for starters, if the so called "admin" that isn't an admin started insulting players right and left and acting like he has all the power, and started harassing players and telling them that they will be banned or kicked or... you know the shit that admins can do.
it will simply give a bad review about this community, and simply the players won't come back to it again, knowing that there are "bad and mean admins".

Same thing with "Messing around with players" has the same effect.
However, let's say that these players are actually respectful players, they won't harass, they won't do shit from all of the above... is it okay for them to act like an admin by putting the admin tag right next to their names?
No... ofc not >_>
because if these players are actually trustworthy and really want to become an admin, they can simply make an admin app and get the admin powers.
Edit: However, they can try and warn the players that they will bring an admin to the server, or generally speaking helping out admins and trying to improve the community.
And i do believe that only when an admin allows for such an act for a short time under his own responsibility, only then it's okay (i'm not sure about this last part to be honest <<<<).

moreover as mentioned from the players that were banned by @Ice , they were just "messing around"
and so, they deserve that punishment.

Moral of the story, it will give a bad impression for this community, and eventually the community will die with less and less players joining the servers from such behavior.

And yet... Surprise surprise... this is just my opinion.
I totally agree that it can ward off players and give a bad rep to this community. However, I've never actually seen anyone fall for it. Admins have a tag ex:

US | ADMIN Melonious

Let's say uh huh. I am fairly sure it says

US | [BHOPGOD] ADMIN Uh huh.

I guess people could fall for it. However the admin tag ... At least on he bhop is a light green, any thoughts on how to fix the impersonation problem for the future? Maybe a plugin that recognizes it and kicks the person automatically? I am thinking towards fixing the problem completely. Less rules to break, less ranting about punishments.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I totally agree that it can ward off players and give a bad rep to this community. However, I've never actually seen anyone fall for it. Admins have a tag ex:

US | ADMIN Melonious

Let's say uh huh. I am fairly sure it says

US | [BHOPGOD] ADMIN Uh huh.

I guess people could fall for it. However the admin tag ... At least on he bhop is a light green, any thoughts on how to fix the impersonation problem for the future? Maybe a plugin that recognizes it and kicks the person automatically? I am thinking towards fixing the problem completely. Less rules to break, less ranting about punishments.

It's not that players never fell for it, it's about that they might fall for it, and we don't want to take any chances, thus we should ban them for that long so they can learn their lesson.
if they do it again we ban them for double or triple the duration.
if it happened again that's their end in this community.
(however, this is just my opinion)

Moreover, a plug-in that kicks/bans players upon recognizing an "admin" word in their name is not a bad idea... yet i don't know if it's possible.
good luck talking to @Benedevil about that.

Melonious

Notably Dangerous
It's not that players never fell for it, it's about that they might fall for it, and we don't want to take any chances, thus we should ban them for that long so they can learn their lesson.
if they do it again we ban them for double or triple the duration.
if it happened again that's their end in this community.
(however, this is just my opinion)

Moreover, a plug-in that kicks/bans players upon recognizing an "admin" word in their name is not a bad idea... yet i don't know if it's possible.
good luck talking to @Benedevil about that.
I know that there is a thing where if you have a symbol in your name you can't join. Symbols like --:;()$&@".,?!' And all the rest. Anyhow is there any way that someone could edit that plugin to make it include ADMIN or ADMINISTRATOR I do not know anything about programming.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I know that there is a thing where if you have a symbol in your name you can't join. Symbols like --:;()$&@".,?!' And all the rest. Anyhow is there any way that someone could edit that plugin to make it include ADMIN or ADMINISTRATOR I do not know anything about programming.
Well... uuuh... private chat with ben maybe :3?
i mean... he can tell you more about this, or maybe even noodl.
i just.. i can't help you really, i only know like 1% or 2% about programming, soooo that's that :b

Ice

Enemy of this Community

ice

Well... uuuh... private chat with ben maybe :3?
i mean... he can tell you more about this, or maybe even noodl.
i just.. i can't help you really, i only know like 1% or 2% about programming, soooo that's that :b
I wouldn't bother bene today since the Texas servers were ddosed for the second time and he is setting up the new protection and changing the ip's for the servers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom