Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined avant's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

avant

Username: avant

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:72327663

Who has punished you?
CONSOLE

Why were you punished?
[Anti-Cheat] Aimbot Detected (V) | Weapon: tf_weapon_compound_bow

Why should we revoke your punishment?
Hello. This is a re-opening of my ban appeal as the thread was locked.
I would like to have justification for why my permanent ban has stayed permanent, considering the circumstances previously outlined. Specifically, I want to know:
Why are people who test the cl_pitchup and cl_pitchdown exploit allowed a second chance, but not people testing the r_drawothermodels 2 exploit (the wallhack I used) that is similarly bundled with how to gain access to these commands?
I was given an answer originally of cheating having "zero-tolerance" as a policy, but this is falsifiable by the given facts.

Not only is the line drawn at a completely subjective point considering these exploits come from the same cloth, but what is the actual difference due to me using the ban-justifying wallhacks exploit? Like I stated (and the logs can show), I was only testing if they worked. I did not engage with anyone with them on. I did not join a server with any objective. No one's gameplay experience was ruined. I have learned to not try to do this again. So, what is the justification for keeping this ban permanent, given objectively this is not something worth a permanent ban by any means.

I find it rather ridiculous that the staff expect people to *only* test cl_pitchup and cl_pitchdown when all 3 exploits are accessable by the same means. It seems common sense for a person to test all three usually. The differentiation of standards regarding these two command types when under the same circumstance is not only weirdly prejudiced but inhumane regarding expectations.

The effort I have put in thus far into the ban appeal I believe shows enough that a second chance would not go wasted.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I don't know if you read those accepted appeals but they didn't directly get banned for detected wallhacks. The logs didn't detect the wallhack exploit; only the other commands they executed.

If what Viking's saying on your declined appeal is true, which there's no reason to doubt it isn't, then the logs picked up your use of the wallhack exploit, which is why it was declined.

------

I'd assume the people that are given second chances aren't attempting to use a wallhack exploit, merely using the pitchup/down commands?
The zero-tolerance is factually upheld. The walls exploit is what's punished. Those using the other commands but not the walls exploits are given a second chance, but have been told getting banned again for using those commands will result in it staying permanent.

If you use it a second time after getting unbanned then it's clear you're either dumb or trying to use it maliciously. You don't fall into this category of people.

It's not this community's fault that you, and a bunch of others, have decided to test what is essentially wallhacks on a community server that disallows all forms of cheating. Should you be surprised? No.

Go into a training server next time an exploit appears, or better yet don't attempt to reproduce it. If it's called a wallhack exploit then you know exactly what it is. There is no reason to test it, especially on community servers, empty or otherwise.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
This is correct.

I was only testing if they worked.
It's impossible to know everyone's justifications.

The difference between the 3 exploits is simple -

One is a wallhack. 'Checking what it does or if it works' will not justify its use when you've gone out of your way to use it on a public server rather than a local one, especially when you should be well aware of what it does and that it works. People typically do this even on empty servers to see if they can get away with it. It is a cheat and detrimental to gameplay.

One lets the X-axis of your first-person view extend beyond 89 degrees. It could admittedly have some influence on other players' gameplay since you can access visual information without your character model betraying that you are looking behind yourself, but this is nauseating and the command is usually used to do sick backflips in the air instead. If this was the only thing the server detected you using, and it was an empty server, I can respect giving another chance, though I know many who wouldn't. It is very much within reason to treat all three exploits the same and grant no chances whatsoever. People who used the previous exploit and got banned like to pretend they were actually only using one of the other two, not knowing our system can distinguish the three.

The final one lets you see sound data on your screen. Very cool. I don't really care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom