Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined avant's Ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

avant

Username: avant

What is your type of punishment?
Ban

Where were you banned from? Servers

What is your SteamID? STEAM_0:1:72327663

Who has punished you?
CONSOLE

Why were you punished?
[Anti-Cheat] Aimbot Detected (V) | Weapon: tf_weapon_compound_bow

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I had joined a Minecraft World server to test out the sv_cheats HUD exploit, as those servers are very chill and never have an objective. I had no intention of trying to gain an unfair advantage or get into combat with anyone, it was my first time trying some of the console commands from the exploit. So, i was in my team's spawn and turned on the cl_pitchup and cl_pitchdown to allow for a full 360 view and was auto-banned. Now I can tell it was very dumb of me to do this, and I have no intention of repeating. I very much enjoy the BlackWonder servers, especially the Class Wars ones.

avant

Hello, correct me if im wrong but I did not engage with people when I had that on? I had that one on first and then the pitch commands sometime after so I thought those were what triggered CONSOLE. It seems draconian to ban permanently considering the circumstances, especially as these hacks are so easily detectable by BlackWonder's anti-cheat already. If I did use them again, I don't see how I would bypass it.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
It doesn't matter if the cheats are easily detectable, cheating is cheating, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for cheating.

avant

It doesn't matter if the cheats are easily detectable, cheating is cheating, and we have a zero-tolerance policy for cheating.
Except its not a "zero-tolerance" policy. People have been unbanned for using other exploits that come with access to the sv_cheats glitch, like when they were testing it. My situation is, in the end, the exact same. This decision is clearly completely subjective. But I guess since you guys don't have to care about losing one player, you hide behind stupidly strict (and hypocritical) mottos, completely throwing out the context to help you sleep at night. I know I did not do anything wrong enough to warrant a permanent ban.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

I don't know if you read those accepted appeals but they didn't directly get banned for detected wallhacks. The logs didn't detect the wallhack exploit; only the other commands they executed.

If what Viking's saying on your declined appeal is true, which there's no reason to doubt it isn't, then the logs picked up your use of the wallhack exploit, which is why it was declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom