Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Resolved Anyone else having trouble with the trade bot?

LucasRCD

Strange
It appears to not be accepting trades for the past two days by now. Usually I expect there to be some delay between the trade request being sent and it being accepted if it's like trading a metric ton of items at once, sometimes not going through at all on the first try but working when retrying, but even a single scrap trade isn't going through currently.

I don't see any talk of this on the Discord or any announcement regarding downtime or maintenance, so I figured I'd bring attention to it on the forums instead.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
What are you trying to do? Buy metal?
Or do you mean the donorbot to get donor status?

LucasRCD

Strange
I'm just trying to buy metal.

I should also take this opportunity to point out that two of the gambling commands have been broken for a while as well, they're always having the same result no matter which option you take (heads or tails resulting in a loss 100% of the time for !coinflip, [9] [7] [7] for !slots), as it ties back into being able to buy metal in the first place. I've lost 100K worth of credits because I unassumedly tried my luck a couple weeks ago after the whole thing about custom betting amounts getting fixed, only to find out it became unintentionally rigged in place of handing out free wins like it's candy.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I should also take this opportunity to point out that two of the gambling commands have been broken for a while as well, they're always having the same result no matter which option you take (heads or tails resulting in a loss 100% of the time for !coinflip, [9] [7] [7] for !slots),
Interesting, I'll see if I can look into this if I have the time.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I won't be able to take action myself, only do some investigation and then pass on the information to people who can fix the bot.
I'm also currently overseas and away from my regular setup.

LucasRCD

Strange
I won't be able to take action myself, only do some investigation and then pass on the information to people who can fix the bot.
I'm also currently overseas and away from my regular setup.
Understandable. So, weird thing is, I just tested it now, and discovered something: The bot declines trades correctly if you try purchasing anything that's too expensive, as it should. Meaning the bot is technically operational, just not processing successful attempts at purchasing metal.

I also noticed that it keeps saying the Scrap, Reclaimed and Refined reserves are all at 0 when checking the Stock in-game, which is an outright lie. I wonder if the bot somehow desynced and that's what's causing the discrepancy.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
If I remember correctly, Benedevil mentioned something about the steam API causing issues or something like that. Not sure if that's still an issue.

LucasRCD

Strange
If I remember correctly, Benedevil mentioned something about the steam API causing issues or something like that. Not sure if that's still an issue.
The Steam API does have a bit of delay in updating inventories, as it can take anywhere between 5 to 20 minutes, and there was some major downtime about a week ago that affected places like scrap.tf and made trading basically impossible; the issues with the Storebot started before the downtime though. I doubt it's got anything to do with gladiator.tf shutting down either, unless you guys relied on that site's services to host your bots.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 14)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom