Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined An odd gamemode idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankskiesblue

An idea for a game mode centered around a video known as ** The odd engies
In this game mode the many classes of tf2 exept engineer must face off against the odd engies. Player controlled units with contorted or stretched limbs featured in the video. Survivors must work together to fend off the incoming engineers until thet rounds time runs out. Time limit being 25 minutes. With this the classes may use whatever weapons at their disposal to fend them off the incoming attackers. Engineers are not able to build any sentry guns or dispensers or teleports and must resort to melee for all attacks. Every 5 minutes the survivors are alive a *big one* Or a boss will be randomly chosen among st the engineers possibly using special abilities this is undecided. They will be large and have a load of hp and deal extra damage to the survivors. This is the general idea of the game mode if you would like to add on please do.
-The guy who makes sloppy post.

Philip

Australium
This sounds very similar to zombie survival. However, Zombie success is based on infecting others and balance is based on teamwork and numbers alone. However, since something like this isn't present i feel like the engies are at a constant disadvantage, despite the "boss". This is connected to a similar issue with team distribution and server player count. Of course the engineers themselves are weaker than a single player, so smaller server population would make overrunning defenders impossible.

If the engineers had enhanced abilities then this may be possible, but I feel like this is too similar to Zombie survival to be a viable gamemode.

Dankskiesblue

This sounds very similar to zombie survival. However, Zombie success is based on infecting others and balance is based on teamwork and numbers alone. However, since something like this isn't present i feel like the engies are at a constant disadvantage, despite the "boss". This is connected to a similar issue with team distribution and server player count. Of course the engineers themselves are weaker than a single player, so smaller server population would make overrunning defenders impossible.

If the engineers had enhanced abilities then this may be possible, but I feel like this is too similar to Zombie survival to be a viable game mode.
This was part of idea with faster movements and higher jumps an idea to make it so they can do more damage around 50% so making it so two hits and it would kill. Also the idea is infectivity if a player is killed then they will turn to engineers. Also i think disorienting the limbs stretching them out and making them disappointing would make it weird and creepy.

Philip

Australium
This was part of idea with faster movements and higher jumps an idea to make it so they can do more damage around 50% so making it so two hits and it would kill. Also the idea is infectivity if a player is killed then they will turn to engineers. Also i think disorienting the limbs stretching them out and making them disappointing would make it weird and creepy.
Then this is pretty much a clone of infection, except that the engines are constantly at a disadvantage to the defenders and there is a weird limb stretch visual gimmick

crikey

Legendary
Staff Member

crikey

We would like to implement this, but this is something we will need mappers for, which we don't have. Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom