Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

(almost) Happy Birthday Blackwonder.tf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
It's been amazing
One year ago, I branched the blueprint.tf servers and made blackwonder.tf on the 31.08.2015. I had no idea how this would end up changing my life. It's been a year, yet I feel like I've known some admins for centuries.
Looking back at it, it's funny how my spontaneous decisions lead to this.

"What do you mean?"

Blackwonder.tf was never suppose to be a forum. The first iteration of this website was literally an image with the Blackwonder logo in the center. The servers were suppose to be managed by the players mostly.
Yet my brain one day though, that it would be a good idea to just make a forum.
Best decision of my life.

Just being able to wake up and see the forums flourish is an indescribable feeling.
I've met so many different people, from different countries and learned and grew up with them.

It's funny how people reacted when they met the real me. There seemed to have been a common misconception of community owners, which always bothered me.
I know I can be very direct at times, since I don't like it when someone doesn't just state what they want.
In general, I like to stay on a personal level, have some fun and just enjoy the time.

I will never hate you for a bad suggestion, or for asking me too much. Sure I might get a bit annoyed, but it is my job to make this community the best it can be.

I'm glad that I was an admin on two previous communities. It really made clear what I need to offer my admins:

Freedom is the biggest thing I want to be able to offer every admin. I don't mind it at all if you play on other servers. I also don't want to bind you on some reports that you get PMed every so often. I want you to play what you enjoy and do what you think is right.

Communication is a big part of this community. It came a bit late, but with the "recent" discord server, it's been better than ever. I can listen to suggestions on the fly and fix simple things that I didn't notice. I also got to know all of these people, that I wouldn't have otherwise. Weird moments and lots of laughs were exchanged and it made it feel like a small growing family. Something I didn't experience in any other community.

What has Blackwonder also brought me?

Other than all the fun and good times we had, I also felt like I finally did at least something in my life.
I have this very weird urge, that probably everyone has to do something big. Blackwonder.tf could never satisfy this urge, but it kept me going, when I just wanted to lay down and do nothing.

It made me realize how valuable time is. It seems like we mostly forget that it isn't endless. Why not approach the person you like and give it a shot? Why not do what you always wanted to do? Why not go out and just enjoy life? We have a limited amount of time. But we can make it the best and never feel regret when looking back.
We most often have the power to. I regret not being a more open person in school already. Sure I had some good friends, but the possibilities would have been even greater if I just had opened up more.

Blackwonder.tf has taught me lots of things and I hope you can learn something from it as well.

That being said, I just want to say:
Thank you.
Thank you for being a part of this.
Thank you for making this possible.
Thank you for being here.

Last edited:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Lovely.

I've said it before and i'll say it again.

Negramaravilla es y será la best comunidad ever que ha existed jamás

PD: oops:eek:

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
That was beatiful! Let me throw some inspirational quotes here!
Never forget: Bro's before Hoe- Wait, that isn't the right one.
Eh, a happy wife is a happy life? Still wrong...
Ah! I know! Dicks out for Haram- I mean @Benedevil

But seriously though, I have to thank you and everyone as much as you did. You're not the only one who found some kind of happiness and belonging here. So, thank you and you're welcome :D

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

I joined the community based on the forum. So I'm glad you got the forum or I wouldn't have met these lovely people. <3

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Weird moments and lots of laughs were exchanged and it made it feel like a small growing family. Something I didn't experience in any other community.

That part touched my heart the most c:
I'm glad that you think of the people you just talk over the internet as something like that, it's really heart warming <3

Thank you bune and everyone for the really unforgettable memories :3

Last edited:

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
These words, @Benedevil , hold truth to them, and are in fact, beautiful.
I've always been a drifter when it came to games and online things. Jumping between them and never making myself feel I was apart of it, hell, I avoided most communities half the time. I then began talking to more online people I meet due to an encounter with someone I meet online, so I do respect him for that. Then I came across blueprint.tf, and just... stayed. I dunno why, I just stayed. Got to know people and eventually applied for admin, then when it was merged, my experience and thoughts became even more positive. This community, feels like a family sometimes, and I mean it. Family doesn't have to be connected by blood or ideals, but by friendships. And, apart from my irl family and closest friends, I feel I can actually open up and talk about how I actually feel instead of having this jokey / punny / serious mask over myself all the time, and I really appreciate it.
@Benedevil , and every other person in this community, I wish you luck in the future.

Now would be the time I would ask myself ''Why the fuck did I write this?'' but, I'm not going to, because I know why I wrote this, because I truly feel great about this community.

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
So much to fucking read...
Just kidding I'm not that much of a dickhead
Happy birthday to blackwonder :)

DeadGaming666

Spectacularly Lethal
Mapper
I could say many things of family and love, but now that would be out of my character. All I'll say is I'm glad you found this community to be your family. Not many community owners can say the same (or at least not many TF2 community owners).

Winter

Protector of the Realm
You make running a forum seem like inventing the cure for cancer. But anyway, cool cool. (y)(y)(y)

Certain things mean a lot to some people. Creating a successful community is definitely not a simple task, and Ben should positively be proud of that.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Not just a running Forum. Many active users, 150 server with decent amount of players And that in such a short time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom