Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Administrator Tags and Disguising

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

This was suggested by Wanka in the Discord, and it is generally a very good idea.

Administrators like to be incognito when joining the servers, only for some smartass to call them out and make their jobs harder.

If the [Donor] tag were enabled for admins, it'd make their disguises a bit more believeable.

As Wanka said in discord:
wanga-Today at 12:40 PM

kind of harder to pinpoint the admin if they're in a sea of donors

This has some merit to it, there are a lot of donators that seemingly appear from nowhere; where better to hide yourself? I've not yet seen an admin flash a Donator tag, so it would throw off those that are looking for coloured names on connect etc.

The only downside to this is that some Donators may take this out of context and think donators are now admins. (I know, sounds stupid).

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

In my opinion this is useless. Some already use fake names and even change their steam profile picture which I already find hilarious. Your average rule breaker won't even notice you anyway, I don't get noticed either when I join with my name and profile picture. If you don't want people to know you're an admin, don't equip the Admin tag.

"Sea of donors", I could only imagine this on jailbreak, nowhere else could you find a "Sea of donors". And why is hiding as a donor better than hiding as a casual player? I can't find a reason.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

It is mainly for use against people that love to spot and call out while an admin is connecting and can't hear/see the game yet, as well as for repeat offenders that know when an admin is connecting.

They'll become a good-boy until you disconnect again, then cause more problems.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

How could they know if you change your steam name & profile picture & you're not friends with them or are offline?

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

It is quite easy to track admins tbh, discord is a good way to get confirmed connects, and you can check Blackwonder - Steam linked profiles for names.

Edit: Doesn't warrant direct new reply so... *Points at self* I use my second monitor for anything that isn't a game. I have a blackwonder tab, youtube tab and sourcebans tab.

While dead I check on updates and bans.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Don't tell me hardcore jailbreak players have a second monitor and constantly check on that... sounds pretty ridiculous.

Edit: Alright, but that's you, and even then, go offline on steam and discord, doubt people are constantly searching and refreshing every jailbreak admins steam profile page and just constantly watch who joined.

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Don't tell me hardcore jailbreak players have a second monitor and constantly check on that... sounds pretty ridiculous.

Edit: Alright, but that's you, and even then, go offline on steam and discord, doubt people are constantly searching and refreshing every jailbreak admins steam profile page and just constantly watch who joined.
What cammy says does happen, people on Jailbreak that like to break rules check when an admin is joining.
Even when I went offline, changed name + avatat + went to private. People still found ways to find admins.
I say that in past tense because I ain't that known at the moment :p

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

And how will they not find out when you have a Donor tag?

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

You said they notice you when you join because they are monitoring every single jailbreak admin at the same time basically.

hey ya

Dark Elf
If the [Donor] tag were enabled for admins, it'd make their disguises a bit more believeable.

Actually sounds like a good idea to me, though some donors who like to hide their tags (I prefer to stay incognito for no reason) might get assumed as an admin then. Then again, that isn't really a major issue because you can just say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom