Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Unicake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
Personal Information

Name
Peter

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:74872798

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
Deathrun #1,#2,#3
Jailbreak

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Players from The Jailbreak Server were asking me if I would apply for an admin, cause in their opinion i was okay to be an admin. Admins are not active around my timezones aswell.
But the main reason is Deathrun, it lacks activity from admins, and i encounter Fake Freeruns, Foreign Languages, Delaying, Bug abusing a lot. The donor "vote" commands don't work, because players on those servers pick "No" most of the time, which is annoying.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Melectrome
Overkill
Pkay
Viking34
Wanka
Drexils
Buster
Will5023
Noodl
Benedevil

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
(GMT+1) 15.00-23.00 (Mondays to Fridays), 07.00-24.00 (Saturdays to Sundays)

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

Jailbreak:
1 Freekill - Slay
2-3 Freekills - Teamban for 60 minutes
5+ Freekills - Perma Teamban
No mic - Warning, Perma teamban
Armory camping - Warning, slay, if still continues Teamban for 1 day
illegal !uw - Warning and slay, if he continues unwardening - Teamban for 1 day
Illegal ff - Turn Off ff and slay the warden
Constantly overtalking - Mute for 1 day
Freeday abuse - Warning, Slay
Idle Warden - Kick

Deathrun:
Fake Freerun - Warn and slay
Idle blu, Idle last red - Kick

General:
Micspams (1-4 seconds) - Warning, Mute for 30/60 minutes
Micspams (long and annoying) - Mute for 1 day/eventually Perma
Hack advertising - Depends, If it's spamming the chat = Gag for 1 day, Saying it just for fun and giggles - Just ignore it,
Disrespect - Gag for 60 minutes (If he continues, 1 day)
Delaying - Warning, Slay
Inappropriate spray - Perma Spray ban
Donor abuse - Record, send to forums and get opinions
Unsure about hacks - Record, send to forums and get opinions
Noticeable hacks - Record, send to forums and get opinions

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I've played on Blackwonder for over a year
I am in contact with Overkill, Melectrome and Pkay, so if i'm not sure about decisions i will ask them first, so i don't come out as admin abusing.
I was commbanned 7 times, but it was 3 months ago, and I recently made an unmute appeal. (I saw other admins with commblocks and bans getting accepted anyways)
I made a map for the Deathrun servers (which nobody likes)
I'm overall known and recognised on the servers, donated around 5 keys to Benedevil, and i've got even more if my donors run out

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Grammarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. ~Nuetral

Overkill

a byte
5+ Freekills - Teamban for 1 day/Perma Teamban/Ban for 1 day
MFK deserves a longer ban and teamban for first-timers. Both.

Noticeable hacks - Perma ban
Having evidence is a big part of being an admin. Especially when someone is hacking.

Hack advertising - Depends, If it's spamming the chat = Perma Gag, Saying it just for fun and giggles - Just ignore it, but if I'm mad, maybe a warning
You can't get mad on the job. Letting emotions cloud your judgement isn't good.

If you want this:
If for an example, Blu gives a freerun for Mini II, and the red chooses Mini I, or anything else than Mini II - Ban for 60 minutes/1 Day (No admins care about that stuff, but I think it really needs a ban)
You would have to make a suggestion. I've seen it happen before but I never did anything about it. Death takes the risk of letting reds free-run only if they do HIS choosing of a mini-game. Its up to the red if he actually wants to honor it or not.

Everything else is fine. Whenever I see you on JB you are constantly helping out, and you also know the rules very well in my opinion. I'm also willing to overlook the comm-blocks, since its been about 2-3 months since your last mute and you claimed to have deleted all your mic spamming software here:

Its a neutral leaning towards +support from me unless any other evidence comes to light. I would also be willing to show you the ropes if you do get accepted.

Good luck.

Regards,
Overkill

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search
https://www.panda-community.com/threads/unicake-report.7619/
http://172.96.160.74/admin/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search
http://172.96.160.74/admin/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:74872798&advType=steamid
http://sb.siusiaczkowo.pl/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search

Fake Freerun - Ban for 1 day
You usually slay, warn the first time.
Idle blu, Idle last red - Kick
Move to spectator.

I will admit that you have been getting better, but I definitely wouldn't trust you with admin permissions. A few months ago you couldn't care less about the rules. I remember having conversations with you where you would argue for spamming and only wanted to know how long it is until you can do it again. In my opinion there is a disquietingly high chance that you would abuse your powers and I wouldn't want to risk that, -support.

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
MFK deserves a longer ban and teamban for first-timers. Both.
Having evidence is a big part of being an admin. Especially when someone is hacking.
You can't get mad on the job. Letting emotions cloud your judgement isn't good.

You would have to make a suggestion. I've seen it happen before but I never did anything about it. Death takes the risk of letting reds free-run only if they do HIS choosing of a mini-game. Its up to the red if he actually wants to honor it or not.

Everything else is fine. Whenever I see you on JB you are constantly helping out, and you also know the rules very well in my opinion. I'm also willing to overlook the comm-blocks, since its been about 2-3 months since your last mute and you claimed to have deleted all your mic spamming software here:
Thank you for the positive feedback and tips,
Edited my post

Unicake

Truly Feared
Mapper
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search
https://bans.panda-community.com/index.php?p=commslist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search
https://www.panda-community.com/threads/unicake-report.7619/
http://172.96.160.74/admin/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search
http://172.96.160.74/admin/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=STEAM_0:1:74872798&advType=steamid
http://sb.siusiaczkowo.pl/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:1:74872798&Submit=Search
You usually slay, warn the person the first time.
I will admit that you have been getting better, but I definitely wouldn't trust you with admin permissions. A few months ago you couldn't care less about the rules. I remember having conversations with you where you would argue for spamming and only wanted to know how long it is until you can do it again. In my opinion there is a disquietingly high chance that you would abuse your powers and I wouldn't want to risk that, -support.
Thank you for the tip
Edited my post

Bans from Panda community were 2 years ago, and i was even worse than i am now,
Ask Cammy, he knows i've changed a lot,
Ban from the Polish Server was around 2 months ago when i was playing with my friends for fun on random servers. We ended up being banned tho
Bans and commblocks from Blackwonder, as i stated, were 2-3 months ago. that's a lot of time for a person to change. Ask Melectrome or Overkill about my behaviour/relations these days
And i do realise that being an Admin is serious stuff, before i take actions i am not sure of, i will ask Overkill, and other Admins. I don't want to risk getting Perma banned from Blackwonder.

Last edited:

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Now I feel like I should mention some things seeing that I know you from back in Panda.

Not going to say anything about the punishments as mine still need some improvement too.

Back in Panda you were quite an obnoxious and toxic player, which led to you getting punished quite a lot, you got told off by me and Cammy back then quite allot. Since I've seen you in Blackwonder I have seen you improve your behavior in a good way but it's still lacking. I do believe that you are able to change for the better if you keep on trying. The biggest thing that worries me though is this screenshot I took from the 2nd of October. If you would be accepted as an admin would you treat players like this because you're having a bad day? With this I'll be leaning towards a neutral

468df5675fbae0c84959519908e7c027.png

hey ya

Dark Elf

hey ya

I'm personally concerned about your maturity level. Part of it is me not knowing you very well or at all, part of it being your comms + the conversation Drexils posted.

Furthermore, I'm going to agree with Buster here that I'm not sure I would trust you as an Admin, mostly based on maturity.

-support based on current, but might change to neutral on future developments

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Bans from Panda community were 2 years ago, and i was even worse than i am now,
Ask Cammy, he knows i've changed a lot,

This is not as consoling as you seem to believe.

Ban from the Polish Server was around 2 months ago when i was playing with my friends for fun on random servers. We ended up being banned tho

Bans and commblocks from Blackwonder, as i stated, were 2-3 months ago. that's a lot of time for a person to change. Ask Melectrome or Overkill about my behaviour/relations these days

There is a common concern I have about all of these answers. You are expecting US to go and try to justify making you an admin. A good candidate is (commonly) someone who the current admins "expect" to apply. Why is that? Because we already have a good idea of the person's character. Take all 3 of the last successful applicants for example. They had all been showing respect for other players, making an effort to be helpful, had a history clean of drama... we knew this without having to ask other people.

The fact that you have soured your reputation with more than one admin, is unsettling and leaves me with great concern if you would ever be able to be trusted or respected.

And i do realise that being an Admin is serious stuff, before i take actions i am not sure of, i will ask Overkill, and other Admins. I don't want to risk getting Perma banned from Blackwonder.

This is not how life works. We do not simply give people access to admin commands and cross our fingers that they are going to be good.

Aside from these concerns, your grammar is poor and the admins you list as people you know are not supporting you.

You have made no effort to explain how you have magically matured since summer ended. You have just told us to ask other people, which shows a lack of an ability to take responsibility for your actions. Nothing you have said would make me feel comfortable with giving you more access than you presently have. -Support

Kerknor

Wicked Nasty

Kerknor

As I do not know you I am going to go just off your application first. There are things I am concerned about that just add to my confusion.

Players from The Jailbreak Server were asking me if I would apply for an admin, cause in their opinion i was okay to be an admin. Admins are not active around my timezones aswell.
But the main reason is Deathrun, it lacks activity from admins, and i encounter Fake Freeruns, Foreign Languages, Delaying, Bug abusing a lot. The donor "vote" commands don't work, because players on those servers pick "No" most of the time, which is annoying.

Honestly having other players suggest you become an admin due to lack of admin presence is true however, even when you used your donor perks you had little to no support with your calls. To me this shows a bigger lack of confidence in you displayed by the gamer base. Your application is your way to let everyone know how you will benefit BLW as an admin. Unfortunately I have not seen evidence of this yet. Its important to say why you would be an asset to BLW.

I am in contact with Overkill, Melectrome and Pkay, so if i'm not sure about decisions i will ask them first, so i don't come out as admin abusing.

Its great you want to refer to other admins while starting out for feedback however, being unsure about commands is one thing, but not being sure about decisions just seems you may need a little more time to build your confidence in yourself. Trying to reassure people that you can rely on other staff to make the decision for you can show that you really don't know what you are doing. Needless to say it would create more work for staff.

I was commbanned 7 times, but it was 3 months ago, and I recently made an unmute appeal. (I saw other admins with commblocks and bans getting accepted anyways)

Other Admins comm-blocks or bans have no impact on YOUR app. It is the content that is being looked at and the amount of times as well. It shows whether you learned anything or even cared about the rules in the first place.

Actions speak louder the words. It needs to be demonstrated and one can't blindly determine if change has happened in such a short amount of time. Merely basing it on someones word is difficult to do.

Your application should be used to show everyone reading it that you are a good selection for a position at BLW. Perhaps you could provide supporting evidence of current actions or words that show you have matured since the negative reports about you. That you can make decisions without emotion that are fair, level-headed and based on BLW rules. I am concerned about your maturity at this point.
Unless I see some redeeming qualities I will be -Support

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Howdy Unicake!

I regret to inform you that your application has been denied. Due to your behavior both her and on other communities, we do not feel as though this would be a good transition for either you or the Blackwonder community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom