Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Threshnold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
Personal Information

Name
Threshnold

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:67072218

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
I have moderated a few Garry's mod servers (Prestige gaming and a few servers i managed at the time) that used ULX commands. I am not sure if its the same with TF2, But i am a fast learner.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
I usually play on LA Jailbreak
I also like to hop on around different BW servers like 10x and hightower.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Honestly cause i really like the community and i really like the team here. I am excited to have the possible chance to help the servers but im also really excited to have the chance to meet the staff team and hopefully make some friends.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Hey Ya (Brand new staff member and i have a blast playing with him on JB and he has given me pointers before, absolutely great guy.)
Overkill (played with him a few times and he seems like a nice dude)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I am in Pacific timezone and im usually on late nights or very early mornings.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Hacker: Record a demo and gather sufficient evidence before instantly perma ban the person.
------------------------
Spammer: I will give the person a warn before issuing a mute/gag for a period of 30 minutes, if they continue after the gag/mute, extend to 2 hours and so forth.
------------------
Freekill: If i see it personally happen i will slay the guard and message him detailing what he did wrong. if he continues to do so, I will issue a 1 day blue team ban to think about their actions. I think helping people learn from mistakes is extremely important.
---------------------------
MFK: If the person did it on accident and issues a server wide apology and seems to be apologetic with his actions(4days/7days/1month) Guard ban. If he leaves the server and did the actions purposely, I will issue a server ban(1week/1months/perm.)
---------------------------------
Not having a mic on blue team:
I will issue a permanent team blue ban.
---------------------------------------
Ghosting:
I will issue a warning to the perpetrator, if he does it again i will issue a gag/mute for 30/60/120 minutes depending on repeated offenses.
----------------
Delaying: I will issue a warning, if he continues to delay, I will slay them or guard ban for 1 day if they are assisting prisoners.
-------------------------------------
Trick orders or banned minigames:
I will tell the warden that the order is invalid, if the warden does not listen, Then i will issue a slay or guard ban for 1-7 days. Reds that were killed due to the trick order will be respawned.
--------------------------
Illegal FF
I will tell the warden to immediately turn FF off, if the warden does not comply i will issue a slay and a 1/3/7 day guard ban,based on past offenses. . If the FF results in death, I will respawn the victim immediately.
-------------------------------
Freeday abuse:
Person will be asked to slay themselves and issue a warning to the freeday, if the freeday continues to abuse his freeday consistently, I will issue a ban of 1 day, escalating it to 3 and so forth.
----------------------------------------
Greifing or teamkilling
Tell the person to slay themselves and issue a ban depending on the severity of their behavior (MFK). ban for 1/3/7 days,
--------------

---------
Harassment or offensive language.
I am pretty strict in this department and have no tolerance whatsoever when it comes to bullying, I tend to give out punishments depending on the severity of the situation. Example 1 would be 3 or 4 people ganging up on one person for no valid reason. I will usually issue a warning to the group of players and will usually make them stop, but if they continue i will usually give them a 1 day long mute/gag. I think that would be plenty of time to learn from their actions. Another example would be calling somebody derogatory names like N***** or Fa**** in a serious and intentional hurtful manner. These people KNOW that is not okay, So i will usually give out a 3 day mute/gag to start out with and then up it to 1week,1 month and then permanent.
----------------------------------------------
Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have a few bans on a few other servers, but they are years old and i hope that my past actions do not hinder the person i am now. I have the best intentions for the server and i have tried my best to help what i can as a donor as well. Thank you for taking the time to read my application and i look forward to hearing your thoughts. I think that being an admin is a privilege and a responsibility, I know im a bit unknown, but i try to be active on #requesthelp on discord as well as the servers. Thank you for taking the time to take a look at my application.

Last edited:

hey ya

Dark Elf
How would you punish them, as in exactly how long do each of the punishments deserve? Just 'based on severity' is a bit vague. EDIT: repeat offender times added

Though some punishments are strange, why are there 2 sets of punishments for MFK? Also, why do a few freekills result in a permanent teamban while a MFK doesn't? Not saying a MFK deserves it but still a freekill is not nearly as severe as an MFK.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You mention that you only know a couple of admins, yet you play JB and live on the west coast, so I would think you play LA, TX and maybe NY. It is a bit odd that you have not ran into @Sakuya Izayoi @Drax or myself. Are you still kind of new?

Honestly cause i really like the community and i really like the team here. I am excited to have the possible chance to help the servers but im also really excited to have the chance to meet the staff team and hopefully make some friends.

Most people try to reach out to admins while in-game or on discord. Most of us are friendly (except @Viking34 who is a world class #$%^@!@!$%&. I am 100% positive of that).

This seems like a cart before the horse type of thing.

Illegal FF
I will tell the warden to immediately turn FF off, if the warden does not comply i will issue a slay and a 1 day guard ban.

What if deaths happen as a result?

Freeday abuse:
This is a grey area, But i will personally punish freedays blocking doors and/or pressing buttons that would kill.

This is not such a
During a personal freeday, you may not get into melee range of the Blue team for no reason, trap Blues by bodyblocking, activate minigames (Death Run, Fall Game, 9 Square, ...) or do anything that could put non-freeday members of the Red team in danger such as closing a door on them, activating a minigame while they are inside or pushing them away from their destination when collisions are on.

Greifing or teamkilling
Tell the person to slay themselves and issue a ban depending on the severity of their behavior.

please elaborate.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I'll keep watch on this but for now you seem alright, odd that you dont know many of the older admins though as we do all pop over to places like LA especially the American admins, the app feels a bit short at the moment and for someone who is 18 i'd have hoped for slightly more indepth i'll go NEUTRAL for now

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
You mention that you only know a couple of admins, yet you play JB and live on the west coast, so I would think you play LA, TX and maybe NY. It is a bit odd that you have not ran into @Sakuya Izayoi @Drax or myself. Are you still kind of new?

Most people try to reach out to admins while in-game or on discord. Most of us are friendly (except @Viking34 who is a world class #$%^@!@!$%&. I am 100% positive of that).

This seems like a cart before the horse type of thing.

What if deaths happen as a result?

This is not such a
During a personal freeday, you may not get into melee range of the Blue team for no reason, trap Blues by bodyblocking, activate minigames (Death Run, Fall Game, 9 Square, ...) or do anything that could put non-freeday members of the Red team in danger such as closing a door on them, activating a minigame while they are inside or pushing them away from their destination when collisions are on.

please elaborate.

Hi there! thank you for taking the time to reply.

On the first notion for not meeting enough admins, I tend to play on LA jailbreak for the most part since i live near California. I try to hop on the other jailbreaks but i tend to stay with that group due to the fact i have grown attached to the people there. I usually lurk on discord but all the voice chats tend to be dead without players. I am a little disappointed that i haven't had a chance to meet more of you.

As well as elaborating on other points, I went ahead and modified my application to supply more answers.

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
Update from author, not attempting to bump this... Just an update.

I just wanted to include that i have updated the rules and other information to be added. I appreciate all the constructive criticism that you have given me and i have used that to the best of my ability.

Thank you in advance.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I think I can explain why your app has gotten such low activity. I think most admins just simply don't know who you are including myself. Your app is OK, nothing stands out too much but there isn't anything horrible either. I believe most admins are neutral/undecided as of now on your app because A: They don't know you; B: Your app is very average compared to other apps/applicants; and C: You don't seem to warrant as immediate attention as some other apps/applicants. You could use touch ups on your rules and as pointed out above, the app isn't flawless.

Neutral

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
Your app is OK, nothing stands out too much but there isn't anything horrible either. I believe most admins are neutral/undecided as of now on your app because A: They don't know you; B: Your app is very average compared to other apps/applicants
Thank you Jim for the constructive criticism, If i may boldly ask am i suppose to have a different app than others? I don't copy from others cause that is rubbish, but isn't the admin team supposed to be equal? Picking admins is like picking the best people out of the community, Like the "cream of the crop". I'm not trying to be better than other applicants, I am just trying to prove my case. I am trying to put my foot in on helping this balanced and fair community. I'm attempting to get to know all the admins the best i can as well, but i guess i play on weird servers and need to get on at better times. (Shared a few words with wanka, seems like a solid guy tho). TL;DR Thank you jim for taking the time to reply

Overkill

a byte
Hey Threshnold, sorry for the delayed response. I was looking to see what the other admins would say about you before I posted anything, but as Jim said, not many of our admins know you very well yet. Anyways, here goes.

Pros:
  • Decent application and good answer for the "Why do you want to become an admin?" question. I also like how you made it clear that you want to help people who are doing bad things that are against the rules.
  • Knows the rules very well.
  • Punishments aren't bad with good detail.
  • Has a good share of reports, even though it isn't a lot, It still shows you know how to make demos and have evidence which is a big part of being an admin.
Cons:
  • Doesn't know many admins but it isn't a very big con. Just get to know us on discord, the others don't bite. ;)
I've had the opportunity to play with you a couple of times and was able to talk to you during those times. All I have to say is that it was a pleasure and I don't have any problems with you. I hope you become an admin.
+
Good luck :)

Regards,
Overkill

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

You mentioned that you have been banned from a few different places, I'll copy one ban here, please list every ban you know of and tell us why you were banned, this one included. (Being banned on alt accounts count as well)
http://www.opstonline.com/bans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:67072218&Submit=Search

Advertising other servers
I will kindly give the perpetrator a warning before gag/mute the play for 1hr/3hrs/1 day depending on past offenses.
We don't punish people for advertising unless it's offensive, inappropriate or just spam. If you didn't plan to be active before you applied, I'd have expected you to at least do some research or ask questions so you get things correctly. I guess we cannot expect that from you?

I am pretty strict in this department and have no tolerance whatsoever when it comes to bullying, I tend to give out punishments depending on the severity of the situation. Example 1 would be 3 or 4 people ganging up on one person for no valid reason. I will usually issue a warning to the group of players and will usually make them stop, but if they continue i will usually give them a 2 day long mute/gag. I think that would be plenty of time to learn from their actions. Another example would be calling somebody derogatory names like N***** or Fa****. These people KNOW that is not okay, So i will usually give out a 12hour day mute/gag to start out with and then up it to 3 day,1 week and then permanent.
There is a lot wrong with this part.
- While punishment lengths can vary, they always have to be reasonable and fit in with similar punishments issued by other admins.
- It seems to me like you personally feel hurt when someone is being bullied on the internet. You should try to be impartial. Having "no tolerance" is not okay when people are mad and in the middle of a quarrel.
- Lastly, boiling racism and homophobia down to two words... Do you take 13 year old children (average tf2 player) seriously all the time? Or only when they say faggot? Are you able to differentiate a silly child and a truly racist / homophobic person? That should show in your punishments.
You seem like an okay guy, I'm sure your intentions are good and you want the best for the community, but you have a lot to improve on and presumably we haven't even seen all your bans yet. You also weren't active before the application and got a lot of things wrong because of that. -Support for now.

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
You mentioned that you have been banned from a few different places, I'll copy one ban here, please list every ban you know of and tell us why you were banned, this one included. (Being banned on alt accounts count as well)
http://www.opstonline.com/bans/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0:0:67072218&Submit=Search

Absolutely! that one ban was indeed from the Server OUTPOST if i remember correctly, The date states that it happened around 2015 or so. Im unable to remember what it is for, but nevertheless what i did was wrong and since that two years i am a changed player and person.

We don't punish people for advertising unless it's offensive, inappropriate or just spam. If you didn't plan to be active before you applied, I'd have expected you to at least do some research or ask questions so you get things correctly. I guess we cannot expect that from you?

I understand that you feel this way, I should have gone through with my research. I was playing on JB NY one time and a user advertised another server and another donor stated that is against the rules and warned him if he'd do it again, he would be votemuted. Obviously i can't remember what or who said it, but i took the information to heart and i made a personal mistake. For that i take personal Responsibility for it and i was wrong.

There is a lot wrong with this part.
- While punishment lengths can vary, they always have to be reasonable and fit in with similar punishments issued by other admins.
- It seems to me like you personally feel hurt when someone is being bullied on the internet. You should try to be impartial. Having "no tolerance" is not okay when people are mad and in the middle of a quarrel.
- Lastly, boiling racism and homophobia down to two words... Do you take 13 year old children (average tf2 player) seriously all the time? Or only when they say faggot? Are you able to differentiate a silly child and a truly racist / homophobic person? That should show in your punishments.

I am sorry you feel this way. I understand that TF2 has a broad spectrum of different people and personalities. I can also understand that some people do have different humors and different understanding of jokes. I definitely can understand the difference between bullying somebody and messing around, I think anybody with a decent social sense can understand that. I want to become a moderator to help the servers, but i have seen some people harassed on the servers and frankly i want to be able to actually HELP people. I understand to take a joke and not be power hungry, That's why as a donor i tend to let people handle situations where somebody is breaking a rule towards me so i remain impartial. But i am also human, People have said stuff to me that has gotten me mad or angry, but i know to leave the server and calm down before reaching a decision. I respect your constructive critism and i hope i was able to answer any questions you had.

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
How would you punish them, as in exactly how long do each of the punishments deserve? Just 'based on severity' is a bit vague. EDIT: repeat offender times added

Though some punishments are strange, why are there 2 sets of punishments for MFK? Also, why do a few freekills result in a permanent teamban while a MFK doesn't? Not saying a MFK deserves it but still a freekill is not nearly as severe as an MFK.

Hi hey ya. I know it sounds kinda confusing when i put it there, but i have two different punishments for accidental MFK and Intention MFK. As for the Freekill, I did mean to put 1 day Guard ban which is my error.

hey ya

Dark Elf
Minus Support you capitalized my name : ((( (though rob did too but he also put an H in it, rip SB)

In all seriousness, after playing with you more, you're a good guy who knows his way around the rules. If you're ever uncertain about anything, just ask. Also would recommend changing the punishments a bit, Buster laid that out pretty well.

+support and good luck Threshnerd

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Absolutely! that one ban was indeed from the Server OUTPOST
I have a few bans on a few other servers,
So, was this the only ban you're aware of? You said you have bans on a few other servers.

I understand to take a joke and not be power hungry
I see you edited that section since, anyway. You would have to adapt to other admins. 2 days is still too much for "bullying" and if someone is truly racist then 12 hours is too little.
I will be neutral because of what @hey ya and @Overkill said. Good luck!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I think I can explain why your app has gotten such low activity. I think most admins just simply don't know who you are including myself. Your app is OK, nothing stands out too much but there isn't anything horrible either. I believe most admins are neutral/undecided as of now on your app because A: They don't know you; B: Your app is very average compared to other apps/applicants; and C: You don't seem to warrant as immediate attention as some other apps/applicants. You could use touch ups on your rules and as pointed out above, the app isn't flawless.

Neutral

This is where I stand. Except I have not seen much more activity, which is odd. Especially, since we have so many admins now. I know you have not reached out to me or other admins, as they would have responded here.... Since all admins were asked to opine on you app. Additionally, I was not super satisfied with the way you responded to Buster.

-Support

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
This is where I stand. Except I have not seen much more activity, which is odd. Especially, since we have so many admins now. I know you have not reached out to me or other admins, as they would have responded here.... Since all admins were asked to opine on you app. Additionally, I was not super satisfied with the way you responded to Buster.

-Support
hi Rob, I'm glad you took the time to reply to my thread once again. I have made sure to be on the server atleast once every day or other day. Frankly some of the other administrators are extremely intimidating and I'm shy when it comes to new people. (I have always wanted to talk to you or will) but I see you as a intimidating person. That's why I have been talking to hey ya and him and drex on the server and like to ask questions on subjects to clarify rules. I have replied to each reply truthfully to the best of my ability and stand by my morals. I have told you about my ban and that is the only ban I have knowledge of and I am happy to answer any other question you may have. I'm not trying to be somebody I am not. I have donated my time to help people on servers with donor powers, I constantly check request help on discord. I have also been active on the discord whenever I am able. I have changed whatever has been wrong and have presented myself as the person I am, not in the model perfect moderator. I understand that app has been up forever and lots of admins have read it. I have nothing against anybody and I am just applying to help the players that I have grown with and help them (people like paragon, kiyan, dranyomous, vick and all the other tf2 friends that I have made.)

Last edited:

Threshnold

Somewhat Threatening
So, was this the only ban you're aware of? You said you have bans on a few other servers.

Sorry i did not clarify correctly, that is the only ban i am aware of and made a mistake saying i was banned on several servers. I will also be making an appeal to the community as an apology.

2 days is still too much for "bullying" and if someone is truly racist then 12 hours is too little.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention and i have adjusted accordingly. thank you.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hey @Threshnold ,

I want you to know that this was a very close call. Boiling it down, the reason why you have been declined is that you applied too early. While the admins enjoy your overall personality and attitude, there are still concerns with providing you with the additional responsibilities of enforcing all of the rules.

You have learned a lot since you posted this. If you submit the reports, read the rules, get to know people before you apply, more people would have replied and this would most likely be accepted right now, however this application is a bit ugly, it is full of edits, us correcting you, then you not answering straightforwardly and then apologizing for it. We do not have enough trust in you yet, to be comfortable promoting you to admin.
I wish you the best, please take your time becoming a little more familiar with this place and it's people, learn the rules (especially for jailbreak you should know them off the top of your head) and try again once you feel comfortable and confident enough.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom