Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Sycrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sycrow

Mildly Menacing
Personal Information

Name
Wiktor

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:0:101291719

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
Jailbreak UK, TX and LA although I do hop onto other blackwonder servers from time to time.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Blackwonder is very clean, people here are respectful and respectable, but there's a lot of rule breakers and chaos takes over servers from time to time. I wanna help prevent that and keep the good reputation of the servers. Aside from that, I rarely see admins on the servers while I play and I figured the more admins the better. I spend most of my gaming time on the JB servers so if I were an admin, chaos wouldn't hapen as often as it does at the moment. One last thing, perhaps a bit bizzare is that I just have fun when I keep order and punish rulebreakers. The only reason I got donator was for the vote options and I was one of the more active users of those. the most important part is, even though I used them as often as I could I never donor abused.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Will5023

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Not available during the weekdays, weekends and holidays 09:00 AM to 11:00 PM CEST

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Before I start, I have a habit to start recording demos as soon as i join a server so let's assume I always have a demo as evidence.

GENERAL:

Hacker: No matter what type of hack, instant permaban, like the console does.

Voice spammer: Always a warning first, if they don't stop 30 min mute (like the donors can) and If I catch them micspamming after that perma mute. This also covers using a different language than english, ghosting or overtalking warden/admin. There's also a rule talking about having a mature voice, but i will only mute kids who are screaming or squeeking or whatever sounds they can make that are annoying.

Chat spammer: Always a warning first, if they don't stop 30 min gag (like the donors can) and If I catch them chatspamming after that perma gag. This also covers ghosting.

Offensive chat: 30 min gag (like the donors can) and If I catch them being disrespectful after that perma gag.

Offensive sprays/avatars/objectors: 30 min spray ban for sprays, then perma spray ban, for avatars and objectors first a warning, then a 30 min ban. After that perma ban.

Exploiting: If by accident, I warn them and slay them if necessary . If on purpose and using the exploit to their advantage a 30 min ban, then if I catch them doing any exploit again perma ban.

JB:

Delaying, armoury camping, freeday abusing, sticky traps, camping in unreachable areas, griefing as BLU: Warning, If they don't stop a slay, then a 30 min ban.

Whenever I'll join a server I'll perform a mic check. I will also randomly mic check people joining BLU. If they fail, it's a permament teamban and they will have to make an appeal.

Freekilling: By accident, ask them to slay themselves. On purpose, a single freekill is a slay, after that a perma teamban, mass freekill perma teamban.

Freehitting: Warning, If they don't stop a slay, then a 30 min teamban.

Away from warden: Warning, If they don't stop a slay, then a slay.

Avoiding being warden: Slay, then If they do that again perma teamban.

I listed the more common rules that are being broken, of course JB has much more to it but I would be writting this app 10 hours If I had to list all of that.

I'm not listing other gamemodes since I'll very rarely will attend them, but If my help will ever be needed I'll try to do my best.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
Well Hey, I'm pretty popular on UK jb and with all the compliments, respect and trust I've been getting I decided I'll apply for an admin.

The following is a list of pros and cons of me being an admin.

Pros:
- I know the rules really well. I read them often since people often ask me for quotes. I rarely make a mistake.

- I'm liked and respected, at least at UK jb.

- I don't play almost anything else aside from TF2 Blackwonder. I'll be a pretty active admin.

- I listen to people talking to me and always try to improve myself.

- I keep track of people I punished and a lot of other usefull notes. Pretty organized

Cons:
- I'm known for getting a bit tilted (angry because of something ingame). It won't affect me being an admin since I listed the punishments and will stick to them, but I have to be fair. My two hardest triggers are ghosters and griefers.

- This will be a problem for the next two months: My graphics card has a bizzare problem. It spontaneously crashes and then recovers, but I'm not able to return to the game. There are multiple reasons this could affect me being an admin, although it happens rarely.

- Finally, I can only play on weekends and holidays. Even though I play a lot when I can, I rarely can. I'll be very active during the weekends but during the week you'll never see me ingame.

To finish this app off I have request: whether You'll give me + or - support always tell me what's wrong with my app. Like i said earlier, I'm constantly improving and I need your opinions to become better and in case I fail, be ready to try again in the future.

Thanks. ~ Sycrow, the psychological crow.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
- This is a big one: i'm known for drunk gaming. I sometimes get drunk and join JB and then try to be warden. I never broke any rules, although who knows what a drunk me is capable of. It happens around once a month.
Nope Nope Nope not good

Sycrow

Mildly Menacing
Nope Nope Nope not good
I mean it's not like I'm addicted. If It's a big problem I'll instantly stop doing that, it won't be hard.

Edit: removed the drunk part from the cons section. I guess I put it there so my pros/cons ratio was balanced. It was unnecessary. Sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
removing it doesn't make the issue go away... as much as from what i've seen you're a careful donor and know the rules i cant endorse someone who openly admits they play drunk if you weren't applying for admin i wouldn't be worried but it could affect your judgement or awareness etc which is something you really need when an admin.

Pkay

-------
Not going to evaluate you right now, but one thing that seems over the top is that you have punishments that jump from 30 mins ban/gag/mute directly to permanent version of the same punishment which is kinda too high for a 3rd time of breaking said rule.

Sycrow

Mildly Menacing
@Jim Yeah, I have made some mistakes, but I've been clean for some time already and am planning on being clean for another 2 months before making a new app.

@Pkay The way I approach this topic is first throwing a little poke to let them know that they're breaking a rule and what kind of punishment awaits them for that, so if they do it again I know they're fully aware of the consequences. That's why the following punishments are so harsh. I do know You're a good admin so I'll take Your advice and tone down my punishments next time.

Thanks for feedback.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hacker: No matter what type of hack, instant permaban, like the console does.

Cool, but what would you do in the case that you're not very sure if a player is hacking or not? (i.e suspicious)

Cons:
- I'm known for getting a bit tilted (angry because of something ingame). It won't affect me being an admin since I listed the punishments and will stick to them, but I have to be fair. My two hardest triggers are ghosters and griefers.

I don't really get how "My two hardest triggers are ghosters and griefers" is suppose to do anything with the fact that you get angry.
If what you said about "It won't affect me being an admin since I listed the punishments and will stick to them." then why mention this part about ghosters and griefers?

Cons:
- This will be a problem for the next two months: My graphics card has a bizzare problem. It spontaneously crashes and then recovers, but I'm not able to return to the game. There are multiple reasons this could affect me being an admin, although it happens rarely.

Personally i wouldn't mind, as long as you're active.
If this happens to you, you can simply just ask for help from the admin team if you get accepted, and they will surly help out.

Cons:
- Finally, I can only play on weekends and holidays. Even though I play a lot when I can, I rarely can. I'll be very active during the weekends but during the week you'll never see me ingame.

As long as you're helping out, i personally wouldn't mind even if you come by one day a week.

-------------------------

I'll be waiting for a reply to see what you'll say about the criticism in this post, and that should probably determine my opinion about your application.

Oh wait hold on...

@Pkay The way I approach this topic is first throwing a little poke to let them know that they're breaking a rule and what kind of punishment awaits them for that, so if they do it again I know they're fully aware of the consequences. That's why the following punishments are so harsh. I do know You're a good admin so I'll take Your advice and tone down my punishments next time.

There is so much wrong with this... and this seems to explain what i meant about the 30 mins to perma ban thing...

You said you'll "Tone down your punishments next time", and i assume you would've had to edit your application by then, since this was posted yesterday (Unless you didn't get around doing so YET)

--------------------------------------
Anyways, that's all for now, again... i'm waiting for a reply and an edit to your application, so take your time and make up your mind, because i need to hear out what you'll have to say about the criticism, and really just everything else.

Good luck with your app!

PS: Start with editing your application first as you mentioned "Toning down" and then reply to this post.

Last edited:

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

I don’t know you so based on the app it’s okay. It has some weird punishments etc., and it looks okay until the pro/con section (weird to do on your own app). I don’t like the alcohol part, the inability to play other than weekends, and the tilted part.

Now I would normally go neutral because you seem to be liked over on that jailbreak but based on the report that Jim linked I’m going to be going with a -s, as it’s bad to get your self banned and donor revoked, let alone during an app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom