Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Silorak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silorak

Monkas
Staff Member
Admin
Personal Information

Name
Silorak

Your Age
18 ( I did PM to @Benedevil via discord, but he didn't change my age yet on forums) :(

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:63954599

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
TFDB | My Dodgeball Academia. (It already got shut down long time ago)
EU panda-community #4 | Dodgeball.
EU panda-community # 19| Dodgeball.
EU panda-community #29 | Dodgeball.
USA panda-community NY | Dodgeball.
USA panda-community TX | Dodgeball.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
It's easy to tell. BlackWonder | Dodgeball.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Well, my activity is pretty good on the dodgeball server, not to mention I'm playing this game mode already for four years and I know everything about this game mode, how the projectile works, how players abuse, how to explain to them that they are doing something wrong and many other things. I know my activity isn't the best on forums or discord, but I'll try to explain it later on why and try to fix my spend time there of course. Now, there are only a few admins on blackwonder dodgeball, who are handling the server, but they can't always come and punish rulebreakers, this is the main reason why I want to become an admin. I do have plenty of time. And I want to waste my time doing something useful for a community.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Buster
Kiryoto

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Personally, I'm online every day from 15.00 pm to 02.00 am, EEST. But if I'm not tired, I go offline at 04.00 am.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
(General rules)
Cheater: First, I record demo where I could see him cheating 100% guarantee before permanently banning, but If I can't tell that he/she is cheating, I always ask another admin to check the demo to make sure he/she cheats before applying punishment to him/her.

Advertising cheats: I'll start recording in case if he/she starts cheats too, but if I don't see him/her cheating I'm applying permanent silence to him/her.

Text/Voice chat spammer: First, I always warn them, but if a person who got warned decides to ignore it and continue doing his things, I will gag/mute him. Gag/mute punishment lengths: 1hour<2hours<4hours<8hours<12hours<1day< 3days<1week<2weeks<permanent. (Punishments lengths might change, depends if it's ear rape invoice or music invoice.)

Speaks another language invoice or doesn't have a mature voice: A mute for 30mins<1hour< 3hours<6hours<12hours<1day< 3days<1week<2weeks<permanent.

Player Disrespect: Warn them, but if they don't stop, gag/mute for 2hours<4hours<12hours<1day< 3days<1week<2weeks<permanent.

Racism: Instant gag/mute for 2hours<4hours<12hours<1day< 3days<1week<2weeks<permanent

Inappropriate Sprays: Oh, boy. I instantly spray-ban them.

Inappropriate Avatars: Personally, I warn them to change it, but if they are not listening I kick them out from the server. And If they still didn't change their profile avatars after the kick, I ban them.

Abusing "!calladmin": Ban for 12hours<1day< 3days<1week<2weeks<permanent.

Impersonating admin: First, ask him/her to remove the tag if they ignore it, ban him/her for 4hours<12hours<2days<1week<2weeks<permanent, of course, they have to have [admin] tag at the beginning of their name.

Revealing hidden admin: Silence for 4hours<12hours<1day< 3days<1week<2weeks<permanent silence if it was done on purpose.

Avoiding punishments: If that's going to happen, I will double punishment lengths.

Standing AFK: I will move them to spectate, like always.

(Dodgeball rules)
Stealing projectiles: Slay with the warning, but if he/she ignores it and does it again, ban. Of course, I'll track rocket to make sure that steal wasn't done on purpose because sometimes people try to save them selfs from dying and they are not trying to steal at all. (It does not apply if the person is standing in the middle part of the map, it will count as a steal!) Punishment lengths I'm comfortable using in dodgeball: 2hours<12hours<1day<1week<2weeks<permanent.

Body blocking: First slap and warn them to leave more space for others to move if it doesn't help, slay. And if they continue doing it, ban. lengths: 2hours<12hours<1day<1week<2weeks<permanent.

Orbiting for too long/delaying the round: If the person doesn't stop, orbiting/delaying, I warn at first after that if they still continue, freeze them for 3 seconds. But if they do it next round after getting last round frozen, ban.

Orbiting into others: I prefer slapping them and warn, but if they do this on purpose, I slay them and if they decide to continue it, ban.

Glitching projectile: At first warning and asking them not to do it again, they can sometimes fail with reflects and make a glitch happen. I'm not punishing for it if it wasn't, done on purpose and if the players are glitching projectile multiple times on purpose, I ban them.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I'm a friendly person, who respect rules and play a lot of dodgeball at same time talks with others on the server and sometimes even helping new players to learn how to play this skill-based game mode. Alright, I think it's time for me to explain, why I'm not active on forums. The first day, joining black wonder community wasn't easy, a lot of jailbreak related contents, less related content for dodgeball, real-life things and such, which was extremely hard until I got to know @Buster more. After got to know him well everything got less hard. All of my reports where send directly via discord to him, so my activity decreased over time on forums and discord. But it didn't mean that I completely stopped reporting rulebreakers. After playing a month or more with him and learning a lot about this community, he suggested me to apply for admins. So here I'm finally fully decided to apply for an admin position.

(I'll try to answer any questions you have as much as I can, thank you for reading this. And yea, I'll take criticism too.)

"EDIT: Fixing grammar issues the best I can"
"EDIT: Fixing punishment lengths to less intense"

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

My experience with @Silorak has been pleasant. He is very active on EU Dodgeball (top 1 with close to 20k points), he is kind, he knows the rules, he notices hackers accurately, I can't remember seeing him pissed off once. Until he had to write a long application I never noticed that his English wasn't the best. He pms me a lot usually asking for help, almost daily, which is why I ended up telling him first as a joke to apply already so he can deal with things himself and doesn't have to bother me everyday -grin-. I didn't help him with this application at all. I wanted to see what he can do on his own.

In the end I'm glad you did decide to apply. I think we can work on some of those punishments and that you would make a great admin, good luck with your application, +support.

EDIT:
Going through the punishments:

I usually make a difference between text and voice spammers. text spammers usually start at 60 minutes for me (60-120-240-480-1440-2880-10080-20160), voice on the other hand I think is much more annoying, and is a lot more deliberate, that's why I usually go with 1440 for people who play music, scream etc.

Racism: now I know you were thinking of obvious cases here, but just to make sure. Context and intent really matters, and the n word on it's own isn't forbidden.

Impersonating admins: warn them first.

Calling out an admin should only be punished if 1.: You think it was done on purpose to help rule breakers 2.: It actually caused harm (for example the rule breaker disconnected due to the callout)

Stealing: You saw me do this a lot of times, I warn both with psay and with slays, if the person is really not willing to listen then I start with a day, same with blocking.

Delaying: I start with 60 minutes after warnings.

Last edited:

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

- As far as I know, we're lacking in admins that play Dodgeball other than Buster, so a new Dodgeball admin would be pretty nice.
- There are some grammatical errors in the application, but nothing abhorrent or deal-breaking.
- Your punishments are a tad bit on the extreme side. Jumping from 30 minutes to 12 hours or from one week to a permanent comm block is reasonably excessive.
- I barely know you, but your application gives off the impression that you're a nice bloke.
- Forum activity is a bit of a red flag, but real life problems are understandable for such a dry period of activity.
- Panda-community. Instant, irreversible permanent ban.

+support, as long as you can reconsider the punishments. You're polite and having you fill the admin role for Dodgeball would be a lot of help.

Overkill

a byte
I usually don't give a good opinion to people I've never met (also with low forum activity), but the way you wrote your app looks like you actually know what you are doing. Plus you know Buster and I can trust his opinion. Most of what has been said above basically sums it up and from what I've read, you seem very polite and capable. And we do need more dodge ball admins. It's a +support from me. Good luck! (y)

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Stole my Aussie rocket launcher that I shoulda won from Benes giveaway and is from Panda so -Support, server, forum, and discord banned kthx.

App looks fine, you have experience. Only issue is that I don’t think you have ever actuallly played on any Blackwonder server other than dodgeball. Also I personally think four hour and twelve hour punishments are stupid, by then the player would most likely gotten off tf2 for whatever reason nullifying the actual time they experience being punished while still scaling their bans as hard. Also we don’t do the “6 punishments of anything and it’s perm and you can appeal once after that” that Panda does.

Soup

Silorak

Monkas
Staff Member
Admin
App looks fine, you have experience. Only issue is that I don’t think you have ever actuallly played on any Blackwonder server other than dodgeball. Also I personally think four hour and twelve hour punishments are stupid, by then the player would most likely gotten off tf2 for whatever reason nullifying the actual time they experience being punished while still scaling their bans as hard. Also we don’t do the “6 punishments of anything and it’s perm and you can appeal once after that” that Panda does.

Soup

Alright, thank you for letting me know.

- Your punishments are a tad bit on the extreme side. Jumping from 30 minutes to 12 hours or from one week to a permanent comm block is reasonably excessive.

Yes, true. My punishments are way too extreme, that's how we used to handle panda.tf. Personally, I don't like them either, so I'll work on them and make them less intense.

Last edited by a moderator:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I believe i've seen him around in places and i cant recall any bad things about him from my memory and having seen what the others are saying i see no reason at all to give a negative support, your app is also well written and has good content too and dodgeball is somewhere you frequent anywhere +sandwich

Silorak

Monkas
Staff Member
Admin
I believe i've seen him around in places and i cant recall any bad things about him from my memory and having seen what the others are saying i see no reason at all to give a negative support, your app is also well written and has good content too and dodgeball is somewhere you frequent anywhere +sandwich

Thank you for the support it means a lot to me! Oh, I almost forgot to say thanks to @Overkill. Thanks a lot tho and others! ;)

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
They're from panda -Support.
Application looks very well done and we're really low on admins that like to play dodgeball. Sure, why not! +Support.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Howdy SIlorak, I hope you had a great day. We appreciate your clean and complete app. There isn't much to add, other than Congratulations! I look forward to seeing you on discord and we will be sending you some information shortly. Welcome to the team!

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
My most sincere congrats, Sigh Low Rack! Feel free to message me if you need anything whatsoever, though I doubt I'll be any help since I'm a lowly trade dadmin :^(

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

reeeeeeee! I thought I was the first to say congrats and that Fish was the one to accept the app. Anyways, congrats dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom