Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from RainbowRob

Status
Not open for further replies.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Member Name RainbowRob

Name Jerseyfire380

Contact Information

Your Age 29

Location Newark, NJ (Just outside NYC)

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:94735144

Other Information I look forward to being considered to be part of a team whose goal is to make the servers as smooth and fun as possible.

Have you managed servers previously? No

If Yes, which ones? None

Why do you want to become an admin? I have professionally supervised 100+ people and almost always receive affirming feedback from my employees. I was a moderator for a now defunct MySpace group which had 90,000+ members from the time I turned 17; because, of my (usually) level-headedness. I enjoy structure and I have a strong understanding of the rules for the servers I play, and I have been told my reports are clear and easy to understand.

I am a patient person who appreciates objectiveness and I believe I could help with some of the violations that occur on the servers I frequent. I want everyone to enjoy their time on the servers.

Are you familiar with admin commands? No

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Miyu- She encouraged me to submit this sooner than I had planned. (Explanation below)

I have had limited conversations with a couple of other admins;however admins are rarely on the US high tower, which is part of the reason I am applying.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. Daily 2:00PM - 2:00AM EST give or take an hour.

On what servers do you usually play? NY&LA 10x High tower

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I live with my brother whom I help due to his PTSD, my partner who is in medical school and my dog(Juan Pablo Fernando Sanchez-Gutierrez-Smith)

I work from home as a behavioral health crisis dispatcher. It's during my abundant down time that I play TF2.

I love to cook and my partner and I are both Eagle Scouts.

My first time on the forum was a rough day, that resulted in me apologizing to Wolfe and Miyu. As I mentioned, I usually play while at work, and I had received several very stressful calls from patients in crisis. Mix that with my false belief that the few rules that pop up when entering the server were the only rules and I made less than polite comments, which I did my best to mend. I had used an RTD to leave the map and was wondering around in the pit on HT. A report was filed claiming I was using the wrangler, which was inaccurate. Wolfe lifted the ban, once I understood the list of formal rules for the server I was playing on.

I had told Miyu that I planned on applying to be an admin after the first of the year, to allow time to pass since that first day. But she encouraged me to apply now due to my regular playtime, understanding of the rules and thorough reports.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Hacker - Once I have confirmation, permanent ban.

Spammers/Mic - Give them a formal warning with pop-up message as an admin, so there is no doubt that they've seen it. If it continues, a 30min gag/mute, then 24 hours, a week etc.

Simple Rule Breakers (ie griefing/exploiting) - If I witness it, I would warn them. If they continue a 1 day ban. If it's a report and the player is no longer on the server, I would give a 1 day ban, then a week if it persists.

All steps are assuming the person has no prior similar offenses. If they do, then steps could be skipped. If that occurred, I would be sure to document it as such.

Last edited:

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

> Plays often on NYC Hightower which has frequently exploiters.
> Clean and full reports, love to handle them.
> Knows the rules.
> Friendly and helpfull.
> Active on the forum.
> Clean application.

I know we had a small discussion in the beginning but we get along well now and you are helpfull to the community. Your reports are always perfectly made with the information and evidence that we need. Since you play on NYC Hightower often you get to play with many griefers who abuse the "Flying RTD" or even build outside the map with glitching. You know the rules and you are active on the forum. Your application is clean and you have an adorable dog. I give you my fully support and wish you the best of luck!

x Miyu

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? But seriously, what is this? Admin application heaven?
The application looks fantastic. You have no experience in being an admin but that won't really matter, I'm sure you'll get into it within a few weeks and will ask about anything you're not sure about / don't understand.
+ For activity, submitting reports and for being interested in moderating hightower. -love_face-
I believe this is the best application from the currently pending ones. Good luck! -smile-

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy?
+ For activity, submitting reports and for being interested in moderating hightower. -love_face-
I believe this is the best application from the currently pending ones. Good luck! -smile-

Thank you, I look forward to hopefully being able to help the community. Specifically, helping with Hightower

Keiii

Sufficiently Lethal

Keiii

+Support from someone who never gives support.
If you spoke the truth, well done. Should be accepted pretty soon if no complications arise.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Most of the stuff has been said already. But for the sake of comment on every admin app, here we go:

I don't know you ingame, so let us rate you app:

I think of all apps who are currently being reviewed, your is the best. Your deliver very width answers to the questions, your English is (near?) perfect and you take the application serious. Your application should be used as an example for a very good application.

Furthermore, you play on server where admins are needed. I joined there a few times and only because a steam friend (@Maimix ∆ ) told me to mute/gag some kids there. It would be really beneficial if we had an active admin on these server.

You are also active on the forum and make clean reports.

As @Keiii said, if everything you said is true (and I trust you do) then you should be able to get accepted quickly

Really looking forward to you joining our admin team!

Best of luck (if you even need it)

K. Thx. Bay. Malz

Sakuya

Trickster
The long-awaited application, I was expecting it soon and I am glad it is here finally.
Good day to you Rob I hope you're having a wonderful day.
Lets begin, your application is stunning. It's flawless, gives us the info we needed and even more. You truly give us background info which is awesome I love it. It definitely is the best application pending at the moment. Well done you took precious time in making it gorgeous.
Now I understand when you first joined the forums there was a problem but shortly after the issue was resolved. @MiyukiMouse has been in touch with you for a while now and I regret not having the pleasure of starting a conversation with you. Your reports are flawless and them keep on coming. You enforce the rules and follow them like a knight follows their king.
In-game you're very active and play on a server where really no admin goes on. I have not played with you in-game but from my fellow admins, I hear you're cooperative and friendly which are traits admins need.
On the forums you're active, usually it involves you posting multiple reports but that proves your activity yet again.
In conclusion, you fit the admin position perfectly. The skills you hold are the skills needed. Rob you have my full support and now I take my leave. Take care, good luck, and see you later doc.
Sak out!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The long-awaited application, I was expecting it soon and I am glad it is here finally.
Good day to you Rob I hope you're having a wonderful day.
Lets begin, your application is stunning. It's flawless, gives us the info we needed and even more. You truly give us background info which is awesome I love it. It definitely is the best application pending at the moment. Well done you took precious time in making it gorgeous.
Now I understand when you first joined the forums there was a problem but shortly after the issue was resolved. @MiyukiMouse has been in touch with you for a while now and I regret not having the pleasure of starting a conversation with you. Your reports are flawless and them keep on coming. You enforce the rules and follow them like a knight follows their king.
In-game you're very active and play on a server where really no admin goes on. I have not played with you in-game but from my fellow admins, I hear you're cooperative and friendly which are traits admins need.
On the forums you're active, usually it involves you posting multiple reports but that proves your activity yet again.
In conclusion, you fit the admin position perfectly. The skills you hold are the skills needed. Rob you have my full support and now I take my leave. Take care, good luck, and see you later doc.
Sak out!
Bro....

Whenever I am having a bad day, I am going to go back and read this ;-)

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
I never actually looked through this application until now, but damn...you could get a high paying job in the snap of a finger with effort like this. Good luck on getting accepted, though from what I can see there's no doubt that you will ^^

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I never actually looked through this application until now, but damn...you could get a high paying job in the snap of a finger with effort like this. Good luck on getting accepted, though from what I can see there's no doubt that you will ^^

Thank you Grizzly. I just got back to the States, or I would have responded earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom