Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Oxi-moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
Personal Information

Name
Hunter

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:178506929

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
I usually play on x10, x20, x10 hale, and jailbreak (although I don't understand it XD).

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I want to give back and make the community of black wonder a better place than it already is. I want to help the users of blackwonder to make blackwonder have a better reputation than it is. Overall I want to improve the already outstanding quality of Blackwonder.tf and Blackwonder servers.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
The admins I'm familiar with are wanka, 2010wolf, timo, viking, buster, lucas, jim, and the almighty Benedevil!

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Team Fortress 2, I'm gonna be available most of the summer, except for the next three weeks as I have summer school

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
To me punish for certain server offenders depends on what they did wrong. Hackers should not and will not have a place on these servers. Spammer should be muted/gagged for a small amount of time and each time they do it the time should increase. Rule breakers that are unaware are alright but if they know what they are doing they should be punished and the punishment should depend on what rule they broke.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have been known to be good under pressure, I'm A.D.H.D. and have insomnia which means I'm hyper and tend to stay up all night (am seeking help for but possibly could help). I am a problem solver and tend to want to help others more than myself. I have a sense of humor so dark that it puts my own shadow to shame. Some useless trivia but I'm bisexual and an atheist (Intellectual). That's most of what I'm comfortable talking about that's positive. My cons are I tend to be closed minded. I tend to also meme way to much. I have a problem with arguing. That's as much as I'm willing to say about my cons. I'd much rather have a brief summary of me so that I can be full of surprises.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I'll pull a Ben and say that the reason for being an admin is generic and flavourless. Everyone wants to apply "to better the servers" so it helps if you add a little extra oomph into it.
The application itself is quite messy, specifically the punishment section. You give no specific punishments or how long you would ban them.
Forum activity needs work. You joined less than a month ago and have a less than par total of replies.
You were active on Discord until you got booted out. You're still reasonably active on the servers as I see you from time to time.

Need to go with a -support. You're an OK guy but there are way too many negatives overshadowing the positive.

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
Alright let's do this:

Pros:
Knows the admins here
Regular on Servers
Good Under Pressure
Has a lot of free time
Knows Admin Commands but

Neutral:
Has never managed a server (o_O)
Has A.D.H.D
Has Insomnia
Closed Minded
Arguing Issues
Generic Reasons For Admin

Cons:
Recently Banned from Discord ~Immaurity
Application is very short compared to its competitors
Application brief in short sentences
Low Forum Activity
Plays Servers But Hardly Knows the Rules of the game mode he is playing
Doesn't Know Most of the general rules
Has been here for only less than a month
Punishments are not detailed and weak

I'm going with -support because if you are going to be an admin YOU NEED TO KNOW THE RULES it's very important because so you know who is a rulebreaker or not. Also, what Wanka said your positives are outweighed by your negatives also your application is not detailed enough highly advise you make some changes to it and expand more on what you are trying to say (especially the rules).

XenomorPhing

Unremarkable
Alright let's do this:

Pros:
Knows the admins here
Regular on Servers
Good Under Pressure
Has a lot of free time
Knows Admin Commands but

Neutral:
Has A.D.H.D
Has Insomnia
Closed Minded
Arguing Issues

Cons:
Low Forum Activity

I'm going with -support because if you are going to be an admin YOU NEED TO KNOW THE RULES it's very important because so you know who is a rulebreaker or not. Also, what Wanka said your positives are outweighed by your negatives also your application is not detailed enough highly advise you make some changes to it and expand more on what you are trying to say (especially the rules).
Listen Joe,you shouldn't even say anything about his A.D.H.D
its a bit offensive

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
You were banned from discord less than an hour ago :I
And I went back and apologized for overlooking the rules because it was very immature of me.
I'll pull a Ben and say that the reason for being an admin is generic and flavourless. Everyone wants to apply "to better the servers" so it helps if you add a little extra oomph into it.
The application itself is quite messy, specifically the punishment section. You give no specific punishments or how long you would ban them.
Forum activity needs work. You joined less than a month ago and have a less than par total of replies.
You were active on Discord until you got booted out. You're still reasonably active on the servers as I see you from time to time.

Need to go with a -support. You're an OK guy but there are way too many negatives overshadowing the positive.
Your right I am very new to being an admin. I do agree with the short typed admin application, I've never done this and value your opinions. Where I disagree with you is where it's generic, I believe that it's better being generic and saying the truth rather than being flashy and forging a lie just to look good. Maybe next time I can write a better application. Alot of the negatives I provided I'm seeking help for so it might be helped.Otherwise thanks for the criticism :).
Alright let's do this:

Pros:
Knows the admins here
Regular on Servers
Good Under Pressure
Has a lot of free time
Knows Admin Commands but

Neutral:
Has A.D.H.D
Has Insomnia
Closed Minded
Arguing Issues

Cons:
Low Forum Activity

I really appreciate your feed back and like that you pointed out the neutral and cons of me instead of just grouping them together. I have to disagree with your "Plays Servers But Hardly Knows the Rules of the game mode he is playing" as I also mentioned playing x20, x10, and x10 hale and know exactly what I'm doing there for example: "https://blackwonder.tf/threads/perfect-load-outs-for-x10.5866/" and "https://blackwonder.tf/threads/how-to-90-of-the-time-win-at-x10-saxton-hale.5792/". Otherwise I agree with your criticism and appreciate your views. By the way, low activity on the forums coming from you to me is a big joke, I have 76 messages while you have 21, consider actually background checking before saying something about someone.

Last edited:

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
its a bit offensive
No it's fine, I don't mind for if I didn't mention it he would have no reason to mention it himself.

also my appeal for discord was accepted but yet I'm still not able to rejoin....:/

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
its a bit offensive

I never said it was a bad thing I put it under neutral for a reason due to the fact it will be harder for him to concentrate and look out for rulebreakers it's not offensive if I put it in the neutral section now if it was the Cons I could see your point but I just put that he has it and that's all he even listed it himself.Unless you want me to put it in the pros section which would look weird so that's another reason why I put it in neutral.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
Actually, I got that from Wanka from his/her reply about your forum activity sure I'm not as active as you but I am not the one applying now am I?
I know you did, you practically copied most of what he said but messed up alot of he said at the same time.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
What? No..I didn't actually most of the things I said was from your application I do agree with Wanka on some points but other than that I didn't say everything he sad.
Regardless your double posting on my application just to get to the limit as where I created guides and help threads, I don't appreciate you on my admin app and even if I wouldn't need your approval as admins and staff pretty much have the final word. It's nothing personal I just don't really like your on here just to get to the quota.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

All players are allowed to post on applications if the information is relevant and informative, or helps the admins to reach a conclusion for the application.

While admins do have the final word, the attitude you display regarding this (post #10) may affect their judgement of you.

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
All players are allowed to post on applications if the information is relevant and informative, or helps the admins to reach a conclusion for the application.

While admins do have the final word, the attitude you display regarding this (post #10) may affect their judgement of you.
I'd just rather have a more helpful comment than something that is irrelevant. Apologies if I seemed like an ass...

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
And I went back and apologized for overlooking the rules because it was very immature of me.

Your right I am very new to being an admin. I do agree with the short typed admin application, I've never done this and value your opinions. Where I disagree with you is where it's generic, I believe that it's better being generic and saying the truth rather than being flashy and forging a lie just to look good. Maybe next time I can write a better application. Alot of the negatives I provided I'm seeking help for so it might be helped.Otherwise thanks for the criticism :).

I really appreciate your feed back and like that you pointed out the neutral and cons of me instead of just grouping them together. I have to disagree with your "Plays Servers But Hardly Knows the Rules of the game mode he is playing" as I also mentioned playing x20, x10, and x10 hale and know exactly what I'm doing there for example: "https://blackwonder.tf/threads/perfect-load-outs-for-x10.5866/" and "https://blackwonder.tf/threads/how-to-90-of-the-time-win-at-x10-saxton-hale.5792/". Otherwise I agree with your criticism and appreciate your views. By the way, low activity on the forums coming from you to me is a big joke, I have 76 messages while you have 21, consider actually background checking before saying something about someone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
You've literally taken criticism about you, and instead of addressing that criticism, criticized someone else on YOUR admin app? What? To be quite fair, posts don't matter, especially when you necrobump your way up. @Cammy is a great example of this; I have not once observed him/her spam, necrobump, or write a useless post. (S)he is a well-respected in my eyes, and managed to accomplish it in few posts. I'm going to try to make my post more clear with an analogy. K1ng is a well-respected backpack.tf price moderator, and only has a handful of suggestions accepted compared to some other users. K1ng was chosen to be staff because of quality suggestions, and leadership skills. Granted, blackwonder and backpack.tf are two completely different websites, my case study still stands. Posts /=/ admin material quality. Please address criticism in a professional manner instead of getting aggressive and attempting to turn it around.
-support

Last edited:

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tu_quoque
You've literally taken criticism about you, and instead of addressing that criticism, criticized someone else on YOUR admin app? What? To be quite fair, posts don't matter, especially when you necrobump your way up. @Cammy is a great example of this; I have not once observed him/her spam, necrobump, or write a useless post. (S)he is a well-respected in my eyes, and managed to accomplish it in 2 posts. I'm going to try to make my post more clear with an analogy. K1ng is a well-respected backpack.tf price moderator, and only has a handful of suggestions accepted compared to some other users. K1ng was chosen to be staff because of quality suggestions, and leadership skills. Granted, blackwonder and backpack.tf are two completely different websites, my case study still stands. Posts /=/ admin material quality. Please address criticism in a professional manner instead of getting aggressive and attempting to turn it around.
-support
I sincerely apologize as I had a devastating day, I really would not like to blame my frustration on it but being that it was a loss in my family I probably would and I certainly agree, it shouldn't matter whether or not useless posts end up on my admin application, I certainly value the criticism given to me and will take it lighthearted from now on, I thank everyone for their criticism and want to sincerely and personally apologize to @JoeLife26, it was wrong for me to treat you like that and I hope that you can forgive me.

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
I sincerely apologize as I had a devastating day, I really would not like to blame my frustration on it but being that it was a loss in my family I probably would and I certainly agree, it shouldn't matter whether or not useless posts end up on my admin application, I certainly value the criticism given to me and will take it lighthearted from now on, I thank everyone for their criticism and want to sincerely and personally apologize to @JoeLife26, it was wrong for me to treat you like that and I hope that you can forgive me.
Yea it's alright bro :)

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
I don't know you tho....
we only talked that ONE time....

i don't even consider you as a friend, even tho you said that you do consider me as a friend, sadly it doesn't work that way.....
That's all i have to say for now, it's 8:45 AM now and i need to sleep.
cya

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
I don't know you tho....
we only talked that ONE time....

i don't even consider you as a friend, even tho you said that you do consider me as a friend, sadly it doesn't work that way.....
That's all i have to say for now, it's 8:45 AM now and i need to sleep.
cya
Totally agree but it's familiar admins, not befriended admins, if I am to elaborate on this I'm listing admins I know name wise, not that I have personal experience with

@Ice bad spelling? I ran most words through google once or twice to make sure it was spelled properly and corrrctly.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Totally agree but it's familiar admins, not befriended admins, if I am to elaborate on this I'm listing admins I know name wise, not that I have personal experience with

Know "name wise" ?
Wow, what a bad excuse to add the admins names there ._.
You must know the admins in a sense that you are familiar with them and they are familiar with you, you talked with an admin for a decent amount of time, thus you feel like you are at the point where you AT LEAST know him.

@Ice bad spelling? I ran most words through google once or twice to make sure it was spelled properly and corrrctly.

Saying this won't really help you in anyway whatsoever with your admin app, in fact this is probably just your biggest downfall, biggest mistake you've done in this app.
You are not being productive to your app but instead you just complain about someone else's """Spelling""" because you don't have anything better to say or do.
And before you say ""OH NU WURF, IM NOT C-C-C-COMPLAINING!!!!""
Well, you made it look like that, and that's how at least i will receive it...

Thanks for your time...

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
Know "name wise" ?
Wow, what a bad excuse to add the admins names there ._.
You must know the admins in a sense that you are familiar with them and they are familiar with you, you talked with an admin for a decent amount of time, thus you feel like you are at the point where you AT LEAST know him.

Saying this won't really help you in anyway whatsoever with your admin app, in fact this is probably just your biggest downfall, biggest mistake you've done in this app.
You are not being productive to your app but instead you just complain about someone else's """Spelling""" because you don't have anything better to say or do.
And before you say ""OH NU WURF, IM NOT C-C-C-COMPLAINING!!!!""
Well, you made it look like that, and that's how at least i will receive it...

Thanks for your time...
I feel like between the loss of family members, a ton of personal drama, not taking the application and criticism seriously as I should, and they fact I did this way to early, I think it would be best to ask for my application to be declined and possibly try again rather than keep going the route I'm taking. I'm not blaming these for my downfall I mostly blame myself for choosing a horrible time to try this. I will also be taking a break from tf2. I thank everyone for their criticism and will value and learn from it to fix my mistakes. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 7)

Top Bottom