Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from NotNotchSilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Personal Information

Name
Emile, steam name would be NotNotchSilly

Your Age
I am currently 15 years old. My birthday is the fourteenth of May.

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:63681593

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes, I've got loads of experience

If Yes, which ones?
I have got loads of experience, first when I was around the age of eleven I first was Staff on servers which friends of mine made. We played on these servers in small groups but I learned to handle a fight and other conflicts here especially. Later I created my own minecraft server, also a small one but I learned how to be fair to players and make sure that everyone also feels like their being handled rightly. Then I applied on BlackWonder and, well got accepted. (Here's my old application, https://blackwonder.tf/threads/notnotches-staff-application.204/ quite frankly looking bad at it, it's quite bad of an application) I was staff on BlackWonder for a good 4 months until I started getting a bit of a conflict with Miyuki which since has resigned. I started making more and more mistakes and later I was demoted, I have since apologized to the staff team and other people which I might've hindered. Anyhow after I got demoted on BlackWonder I was staff on Heart.tf for a bit, that didn't last all that long as I started enjoying minecraft again and well, team fortress not so much. So I quit. At that point I got really into playing a server called SerenityPvP and thus I applied. I got accepted as a junior staff member, and I got promoted to full staff within 14 hours. Which was a record. Fast forwarding two months, Serenity merged, with Venix into Verenity and that all went well. I got to know a lot more people and our network increased there were around 200 people online at a time on average, during eve's around a 1000. This I found really cool and I did my absolute best to moderate on there. Around a month later I got promoted again to Senior, that was really nice as it usually takes around half a year to get promoted to Senior on there. I also got Head of Screensharing meaning I had to teach and moderate all staff members to screenshare. This went really smoothly and it was a great learning experience on how to handle people. Around the original Venix owner started disliking the idea of Verenity and wanted to unmerge, I resigned at that point. Some weeks later a friend of mine started a new server Ara and I got admin on there. That was a very high role in that server and it was a very fun experience. Ara merged with another server making Aza but then I unfortunately had to resign due to school. About 75% of the year's time had passed but I only had done hardly 40% of all the work. So my parents wouldn't let me play games. So I had two months left to do 60% of a year's work. The first 6-7 weeks I did, well nothing. And in the very last weeks I did quite literally everything. Crazy enough I passed the year and got around 96% of the total work done so I was very much surprised myself.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
I'd mostly be on Jailbreak as this is my absolute favorite gamemode. However I'd also be on fun games such as Deathrun, Saxton Hale, All Crits, Randomizer, x10 and all that jazz.

Also a big reason I'm gonna be playing Jailbreak, is since jailbreak needs administration the most. There's a lot of rulebreaking and general confusement. And I feel like to make it playable there should be an admin on at all times, or at least, as much as possible. I know I can really contribute to this.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Great question, well it's a mix of a lot of things, starting with school, I just finished all my schoolwork and vacation is coming. Meaning I've got a lot of time to spend, and also due to me just finishing school I got back into team fortress, I wanted to Staff somewhere, as that allows me to make friends, while at the same time feeling somewhat productive and helping a lot of people out, by getting rid of freekillers, micspammers, cheaters and all other kinds of rulebreakers. I'm not sure why, but I always get a kick from staffing, it's both fun and helpful. I just really feel like I can help both the staff team and our awesome community out. And quite frankly I love contributing to making a better and more rule-breaker free server and community.
I'm very motivated as well and even though this can get me in trouble with some other real life things I things it's very much worth while.

Now you might also be wondering why here, why BlackWonder, well that's for a couple of reasons as well starting with the fact that I always enjoyed these servers and I feel like that will always stay that way. Also it's due to nostalgia, I've spent a whole lot of my time on BlackWonder without any regret, I love to meet up with my old friends from the staff team again and staff together. And also with all of the new staff of course!

Also since Jailbreak is near unplayable a lot of the time. And I know just how fun Jailbreak can be if it’s moderated rightly. Which I think I’m able to help with.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes, a lot especially old timers!

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
I know most such as Crazy, Wolf, Surny, Ramy, Noodl, Sparks, Arca, PianoFighter, Timo, Viking, Malz, Buster, Winter, Ben289 and of course Bene, even though I'm not all of you guys still remember me I sure do remember you.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Most of the day starting from 8 in the morning (+1 UTC) and I'll continue playing till around 7 in the eve, with some breaks of course. But yeah I'm available most of the day.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Hacker: I'd start recording a demo as soon as possible, as soon as I feel like I have enough proof I will permanently ban him/her.

Chat-Spammer: I'd give him two warnings, making sure he/she knows he/she is breaking the rules, after that I'll gag him/her for 10 minutes if it's the first offense 30 if the second 2 hours if it's the third a day if it's the fourth, etc.

Mic-Spammer: I'd first warn him/her two times to make sure they're aware they're breaking the rules then I'd mute him/her for 30 minutes and if it's the second offense 2 hours, third 1 day, and fourth two months.

Freekiller: Slay first, and tell him/her what he/she did wrong and why. If he/she continues I'll slay him/her again, repeating the progress. And at the third time I'll temporarily teamban him/her and explain why.

Mass-freekiller: First time slay, I'll explain what he/she did wrong. If he she continues I'll temporarily teamban him/her and explain why.

And if you questions about any other rulebreakers, ask down below, I'm happy to answer!

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I’m a Pyro main,
I’ve played Team Fortress for a very long time.
I have 5 cats, and I love animals.
I’ve spent a lot of my career on Jailbreak servers.
Oh and I'm really a forums kinda guy, I'm very active on them usually.
I’m really bad at telling things about myself, if you’d like to know something just ask.

Please note if you're concerned about my previous demotion, about 8 months ago: I've made mistakes in the past and I've learned from that a lot, due to that I will not make those same mistakes again, I've acknowledged everything I've done wrong based on the criticism I've received and I've taken that criticism to be a better person.

If you have any questions or criticism tell me, I'll be happy to change anything I can.

Last edited:

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Haven't you just returned after being gone a long time? I also heard from @MiyukiMouse before she left, that you changed the rules randomly to suit your own needs depending on what you said to people in game? I wasn't really around at this point, but I was just wondering what you had to say about it, and if any one can confirm or debunk this?

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

I also heard from @MiyukiMouse before she left, that you changed the rules randomly to suit your own needs depending on what you said to people in game? I wasn't really around at this point, but I was just wondering what you had to say about it, and if any one can confirm or debunk this?
That's not entirely true, I changed the rules without communicating with other admins, which I have to admit was a mistake, I should've but no I did not do it with any malicious content. Generally it would be rules I thought I had already added but turned out I did not.

The reason I didn't communicate also wasn't because I thought it wouldn't come through with the other admins, it really was since at first I was quite literally the only admin playing Jailbreak, most admins really didn't play it as they hated it, which is very understandable. Admins only really started playing it when Miyuki got accepted, which was also motivated to moderate jailbreak. And later wolf and Viking24 started playing it too. After some time I got warned by Wolf and Miyuki making a thread about things that I did wrong. I was furious at first which was also a mistake on my behalf. And I ended up making it all worse resulting in me being demoted.

Haven't you just returned after being gone a long time?
Yeah kinda however, I've already played a lot of hours on Jailbreak and really noticed that there needs to be an admin around to make sure that everything goes according to rules. And so the game is fun for both RED's and BLU's

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

ᴄʟᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢɪʀʟ

MECHA-G

Looking at your posts and recent forum activity, you disappeared sometime in September, came back about a half year later, disappeared again for two months, and here we are. Back again. You've been quite inactive actually, only showing activity today, and this application seems to have happened out of the blue. Overall I'd say your app is okay, but I'm going with NEUTRAL, leaning towards a -SUPPORT, especially given the fact that you were demoted for changing rules without having first discussed doing so with your fellow admins.

DC Chroma

Sufficiently Lethal
Buddy, kindly remove the emoji? I remember Ben(?) stating that admin applications are like job applications, must be professional, never add contractions, slangs, metaphors, and even emojis.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Looking at your posts and recent forum activity, you disappeared sometime in September, came back about a half year later, disappeared again for two months, and here we are. Back again. You've been quite inactive actually, only showing activity today, and this application seems to have happened out of the blue. Overall I'd say your app is okay, but I'm going with NEUTRAL, leaning towards a -SUPPORT, especially given the fact that you were demoted for changing rules without having first discussed doing so with your fellow admins.
Thanks for your consideration, and yes I understand that me being demoted previously, concerns you, however I've really changed and grew more mature and reasonable, after I was demoted, I learned a lot from servers I've since been staff on.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Looking at your posts and recent forum activity, you disappeared sometime in September, came back about a half year later, disappeared again for two months, and here we are. Back again. You've been quite inactive actually, only showing activity today, and this application seems to have happened out of the blue.
I get where you're coming from, but for me it didn't come out of the blue, I had already planned that after I had finished school I'd try applying on here again. First I wanna to do it after a month or so, so I could proof that I'm truly dedicated to BlackWonder which I am. But once I started playing jailbreak again, two things happened, When there was an admin on, it was really enjoyable. But later and this morning when there wasn't it really wasn't enjoyable at all. I felt that I needed to help the server out or at least try.

That's why I decided to make my application earlier than I originally intended to.

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Still going to stand by my verdict, friend. This all just seems a little rushed to me, but I'm interested to know what the other admins have to say on the matter.
Haha no worries, I didn't expect you to change your verdict as your points make a lot of sense, I just wanted to explain what and why :D

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hey notnotchsilly....
i'm pretty sure after seeing my lovely face here, you already know you are in for a treat...

There are simply... so.. many things wrong with the application...
let's start off with the following:

I have since apologized to the staff team and other people which I might've hindered.

Please name me the people you apologized to.

And admin team... please tell me if notnotchsilly did actually apologize to you after he got demoted...

I love to meet up with my old friends from the staff team again and staff together.

Same thing with the last part, who are those ""old friends from the staff team""

About 75% of the year's time had passed but I only had done hardly 40% of all the work. So my parents wouldn't let me play games. So I had two months left to do 60% of a year's work. The first 6-7 weeks I did, well nothing. And in the very last weeks I did quite literally everything. Crazy enough I passed the year and got around 96% of the total work done so I was very much surprised myself.

This is simply time wasting to read, why put it there? we don't want to know how you did well in school, when the main question of that part was ""Which servers you moderated""

Anyhow after I got demoted on BlackWonder I was staff on Heart.tf for a bit, that didn't last all that long as I started enjoying minecraft again and well, team fortress not so much.

How are we suppose to know that you will not leave teamfortress 2 again, and go back to mining?

I'd mostly be on Jailbreak as this is my absolute favorite gamemode.

Personally speaking i won't physically be able to trust you, to become a JB admin again, from the stuff that happened before, and you know what stuff that is. (Hint: at the time of that demotion thread)

I wanted to Staff somewhere, as that allows me to make friends

""Staffing"" doesn't simply help you make friends...
Friends, are more than people that you earn for ""Staffing"" they are people you trust, you like to stick around with...
Also, this just shows that you have a weak personality, you want to be an admin, so that you can make friends...
Back in the day in operation panda, when i wasn't an admin, i used to enjoy playing the game, and i made friends because of that, friends like @DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda , @Timo , and @Winter , sure, das and winter are not active at the moment, but i know that someday they will be back. and all of us will give them a warm welcome.
The point is, simply being a staff doesn't earn you friends, it's how you treat those friends....

I know most such as Crazy, Wolf, Surny, Ramy, Noodl, Sparks, Arca, PianoFighter, Timo, Tomato Kat, Melonious, Viking, Malz, Buster, Winter, Ben289 and of course Bene, even though I'm not all of you guys still remember me I sure do remember you.

I know soooooooooo damn well that
Malz, Ramy, Surny, and winter, never said a word to you ever before in their lives...
Surny doesn't even fricken go on the forums, he is a streamer...
Malz has been inactive for the past few months cuz he is somewhere abroad doing something...
Ramy...... You wouldn't even have known who he is unless he just randomly appears out of nowhere to chitchat with us, and i'm pretty sure you just happen to be there when he came by.

But then again, because you've made your admin app in a hurry, and by a hurry i mean that you literally just joined back here a few days ago, didn't even make reports or tried to be productive in anyway... you really don't know who is around anymore, you are just recalling people from your memory, from a few months ago.... and that's not what we want, we want people that you know, and by that i mean people that you are spending time with, chatting with, playing with, whatever with....
from the past one month until now........

That's not entirely true, I changed the rules without communicating with other admins, which I have to admit was a mistake, I should've but no I did not do it with any malicious content. Generally it would be rules I thought I had already added but turned out I did not.

But then again, who knows if you are lying or not... right?
Based on your history, i can only assume that you are... it's just my opinion tho...

--------------------------
And last..... but certainly not least.... you sent me a message on the 4th of march, you sent me a message on discord....
4dfd08d766.png

25d132ca2d.png
I'm pretty sure, this will boost your admin application acceptance ten times than it already is...

----------------------------------------

That is everything i have to say for now....
And if it wasn't obvious enough...
It's a big, solid -Support for me....
And to add salt to injury, i personally feel like it's a risk to make you an admin again... however this is my personal opinion.

Thanks for your time

EDIT: In your next reply, please answer every single question or topic that i criticized about your app, from this reply.

Last edited:

Boney African Feet

An Extraordinary Nerd

Pip

Hey notnotchsilly....
i'm pretty sure after seeing my lovely face here, you already know you are in for a treat...

There are simply... so.. many things wrong with the application...
let's start off with the following:

Please name me the people you apologized to.

Benedevil for example, and I meant that towards all staff

And admin team... please tell me if notnotchsilly did actually apologize to you after he got demoted...

Same thing with the last part, who are those ""old friends from the staff team""

For example Winter and Arcalium and you too was first really a friend to me until all the drama happened, which I'm still very sorry for.

This is simply time wasting to read, why put it there? we don't want to know how you did well in school, when the main question of that part was ""Which servers you moderated""

Here's a list

Friend's servers
My own server
BlackWonder
Heart.tf
Serenity
Verenity
(after the unmerge a bit more Serenity)
AraNetwork and Hyleria
AzaNetwork

How are we suppose to know that you will not leave teamfortress 2 again, and go back to mining?

Well, to be honest I'm not sure. I guess you'll see in a week or two that I'm still active

Personally speaking i won't physically be able to trust you, to become a JB admin again, from the stuff that happened before, and you know what stuff that is. (Hint: at the time of that demotion thread)

""Staffing"" doesn't simply help you make friends...
Friends, are more than people that you earn for ""Staffing"" they are people you trust, you like to stick around with...
Also, this just shows that you have a weak personality, you want to be an admin, so that you can make friends...
Back in the day in operation panda, when i wasn't an admin, i used to enjoy playing the game, and i made friends because of that, friends like @DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda , @Timo , and @Winter , sure, das and winter are not active at the moment, but i know that someday they will be back. and all of us will give them a warm welcome.
The point is, simply being a staff doesn't earn you friends, it's how you treat those friends....

I know that, but my point was by helping others, you can grow friendships.

I know soooooooooo damn well that
Malz, Ramy, Surny, and winter, never said a word to you ever before in their lives...
Surny doesn't even fricken go on the forums, he is a streamer...
Malz has been inactive for the past few months cuz he is somewhere abroad doing something...
Ramy...... You wouldn't even have known who he is unless he just randomly appears out of nowhere to chitchat with us, and i'm pretty sure you just happen to be there when he came by.

I actually have talked to Winter quite a bit. And I do know Surny, I used to have him on steam as well. What you said about Ramy I guess is true. For Malz I've talked to him a few times when we were both admins and stuff, I meant knowing that way.

But then again, because you've made your admin app in a hurry, and by a hurry i mean that you literally just joined back here a few days ago, didn't even make reports or tried to be productive in anyway... you really don't know who is around anymore, you are just recalling people from your memory, from a few months ago.... and that's not what we want, we want people that you know, and by that i mean people that you are spending time with, chatting with, playing with, whatever with....
from the past one month until now........

I actually did make reports already, but the rest is true and I understand what you mean.

But then again, who knows if you are lying or not... right?
Based on your history, i can only assume that you are... it's just my opinion tho...

--------------------------
And last..... but certainly not least.... you sent me a message on the 4th of march, you sent me a message on discord....
59d047d22d.png
I'm pretty sure, this will boost your admin application acceptance ten times than it already is...
That message had to do with my own situation I was quite pissed at Ellie, and I really wanted to resign and I did
It's because of that, that I send something like that. But also since I just wanted to have a chat with you so we could maybe talk about some things.

----------------------------------------

That is everything i have to say for now....
And if it wasn't obvious enough...
It's a big, solid -Support for me....
And to add salt to injury, i personally feel like it's a risk to make you an admin again... however this is my personal opinion.

Thanks for your time

EDIT: In your next reply, please answer every single question or topic that i criticized about your app, from this reply.

EDIT: just so you guys are aware the the replies are in the Quote

Last edited:

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
Unbenannt1.PNG

Unbenannt2.PNG

I doubt this is much of an importance for us to know

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Coming back after one trillion years JUST TO REAPPLY?
That's just unprofessional and you should know it, having worked here for some time.
Anyways, you were demoted a long time ago but you showed up today claiming that you have improved, etc.
How can we believe you? We can't since you just joined the forums today after a very long time, we'll have to see over the time if you have really improved or not.

I also do not know you, please remove me from that list.

Try again in a few months.

-support

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I may have been away for two weeks but even before then I don't think I've ever seen you in jb and I'm on there at least 10 times a day over the jb servers probably more if I counted the hours, and going along with what wolf and the others said you changed rules and didn't tell anyone, you may say you apologised for it but it's the sort of thing that makes me not want to trust you - support

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I saw you in-game about 12 hours ago, and our very first interaction was you yelling at me (I had a different name and was warden) for a repeat. After several other people in the server tell you that I had given 4 repeats, you finally realized that you had the problem. You then asked if I was Rob, and you stopped shouting on your mic after that. A seemingly silly thing, but your temper appeared to ignite in a matter of 5 seconds. Completely unacceptable for an admin.

. Anyhow after I got demoted on BlackWonder I was staff on Heart.tf for a bit, that didn't last all that long as I started enjoying minecraft again and well, team fortress not so much. So I quit. At that point I got really into playing a server called SerenityPvP and thus I applied. I got accepted as a junior staff member, and I got promoted to full staff within 14 hours. Which was a record. Fast forwarding two months, Serenity merged, with Venix into Verenity and that all went well. I got to know a lot more people and our network increased there were around 200 people online at a time on average, during eve's around a 1000. This I found really cool and I did my absolute best to moderate on there. Around a month later I got promoted again to Senior, that was really nice as it usually takes around half a year to get promoted to Senior on there. I also got Head of Screensharing meaning I had to teach and moderate all staff members to screenshare. This went really smoothly and it was a great learning experience on how to handle people. Around the original Venix owner started disliking the idea of Verenity and wanted to unmerge, I resigned at that point. Some weeks later a friend of mine started a new server Ara and I got admin on there. That was a very high role in that server and it was a very fun experience. Ara merged with another server making Aza but then I unfortunately had to resign due to school.

There are a few things that seem odd to me.
You have had to resign or were demoted several times over the last 9 months from different communities. We need people who will last more than 4 months, and your rate of turnover is not very reassuring.

So I had two months left to do 60% of a year's work. The first 6-7 weeks I did, well nothing. And in the very last weeks I did quite literally everything. Crazy enough I passed the year and got around 96% of the total work done so I was very much surprised myself.

This does not reflect positively about your work ethic or time management. And conflicts with this...

I'm very motivated as well ...
It sounds like you have aspirations, and to a lesser extent, motivation.

I started making more and more mistakes and later I was demoted,

I appreciate that you acknowledge that mistakes were made, but this reality is still unsettling.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom