Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Alex.bsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenomorPhing

Unremarkable
I think it is great that this guy took his time to write this down,hes active and seems like he would be a good admin beacuse he is online and has good punishments.
+support from me

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Alright, so let's see.
Now that i'v read mostly every comment here, and read the whole admin app.

I don't think there is anything else to mention about you.
But i have an advice for you tho regarding the ban/gag/mute lengths.

Instead of making it static like
Chat/Mic Spammer: Warning [1st offense] - 2 hours [2nd offense] - 8 hours [3rd offense] - 24 hours [4th offense] - 3 Days [5th offense] - 1 week [6th offense] - 2 weeks | Gag/Mute Ban

Try to look more into the situation you are in, does the person really deserve a 2 hours mute at that time? or do you think he deserved less or more?
Try to make your punishments dynamic and reasonable instead of static and bald.
Go to sourcebans or use that one command that makes you check the comm blocks and stuff, and check their previous gags and mutes, and from there try to judge how long is he supposed to be punished for, depending on what he said or how long he spammed.

Always give a warning unless it's obvious that the rule breaker is breaking the rules intentionally, which is something that you'll mostly acquire from your experience as an admin.
And so on with other types of punishments....

I couldn't put this in better words, and i'm pretty sure there is a much much better way to explain it, but the main point here is to try and be dynamic and reasonable with your punishments.

Overall, i think you've improved in some way or another, we've talked to each other on discord for that past few days for quite a while as well.
And i personally think you do deserve a chance, and that's why i'm going to
+Support

Good luck with your app alex.

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hiya Alex, I figured it's about time I reviewed your app.

Aside from some grammatical errors, I can't say I liked how 1/3 of your "tell us about yourself" section was you admitting your mistakes. Don't misunderstand me, the transparency is very much appreciated, however I feel as if there is wasted potential here. I wasn't expecting an autobiography, but you really could have made yourself stand out if you perhaps extended on that and told us about your journey, perhaps why, and how you changed as a person. If not, just tell us basic stuff about yourself. Interests, hobbies, anything to break the ice (not to be confused with @Ice) and help us get to know you better as a person. I'll also save your eyes with the "generic reason" thing since I believe it has already been addressed; however that can be arguably countered by you saying you'd like to improve over time in the app comments (if I didn't misinterpret this, that is). All things considered, I can tell you have poured lots of blood, sweat, and tears into this application. Your loyalty to blackwonder is also nearly unmatched; you have been playing and donating for eons, and I believe you want the best for us.

Neutral, but leaning towards soopert.

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

I've never played with Alex because I rarely go on deathrun/trade, but I have seen him very active on discord and forums. Although some may say that he just spams the forums which is why he has so many posts, he has helped the community a whole lot with his posts, too. For example, he has very clean reports and he even made the "How to make a proper punishment appeal" forum. Based on his helpfulness to the community, and his activity, I think that Alex is qualified to be an admin. He has my +Support

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Some more observations from my side:

1.: Faking Freeruns: Warning [1st offense], please slay there right away, also, some people do freeruns in a twisted way, they try to activate everything before you get there, if the death doesn't murder anyone I don't count it as faking a freerun, but it's their responsibility to not kill people once they clearly stated that it's a freerun, try to be similarly dynamic and flexible with your reasoning and your punishments.​

2.: Please refrain from trying to sell your stuff on deathrun. It just doesn't look good and I doubt you find someone interested. (I understand that this is back from May, but that wasn't so long ago)​

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Some more observations from my side:

1.: Faking Freeruns: Warning [1st offense], please slay there right away, also, some people do freeruns in a twisted way, they try to activate everything before you get there, if the death doesn't murder anyone I don't count it as faking a freerun, but it's their responsibility to not kill people once they clearly stated that it's a freerun, try to be similarly dynamic and flexible with your reasoning and your punishments.​

2.: Please refrain from trying to sell your stuff on deathrun. It just doesn't look good and I doubt you find someone interested. (I understand that this is back from May, but that wasn't so long ago)​
I'll take this in to consideration and will fix up my punishment when I have the time.

Thank you for the feedback!

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
I'm going to back @Ben289 up this -Support everything that you have done doesn't quite see to make you a fit member of the administrative team. I mean the link's that Ben has added say a lot you have a childish behavior. I would recommend to just clean the act up and try again at a later date.

Now let me back my reasoning up a little bit more.

Positive

Fair Punishments
Active (But Toxic) "Discord, Servers, and forums"
Knows rules

Negatives

Toxic - Says 180* Turn around let's see about that
No previous admin expertise (Admin Commands)
Knows 3 Admins (Fish, Suicide, and Jim)
Not many hours on the servers stated above
Time Online (3 Hours or so each day)

Time Played - On Servers Listed

NY Deathrun #1 | 45.58.116.106:27045 | Around 11 hours
NY Trade | 45.58.116.106:27145 | Around 5 hours
LA Randomizer |104.143.10.214:27155 | Around 9 hours
LA Trade | 104.143.10.214:27265 | Almost 5 Days

With people who like you come people who don't...
personally I can see where "knowing three admins" is kinda a negative as that means you know very little about the team behind the servers but if that's the case then with that logic I would have a negative because I really don't know any admins personally. I also would like to say in my opinion that I feel it should never be how many hours you spend in servers but if your active on the forums and have alot of time in tf2. It just feels like your not giving alot of breathing space to someone by doing that. Now with my personal opinions out of the way I would like to address the situation at hand as a bystander.
Personal Information

Name
Alexander

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:105054630

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
[None]

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
NY Deathrun #1 | 45.58.116.106:27045
NY Trade | 45.58.116.106:27145
LA Trade | 104.143.10.214:27265
LA Randomizer |104.143.10.214:27155

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
So, it appears to me that the deathrun and trade servers don’t quite have a lot of admins available, and it will be fascinating if I get this staff position because "donor" is not cutting it, what's so ever. let's say your everyday map abuser is doing their thing, abusing the map of course, what can I really do with a votekick/slay? People on deathrun don't get the memo that abusing the map exploits is against the rules, but proceed to vote no. The trade servers do get a bit hectic here and there, but the rules are almost guaranteed being broken once I join, and instead of calling votes one by one slowly, I want to do things immediately and extend the punishments to those who've been punished multiple times. I believe that I will be extremely useful on all BlackWonder's trade & deathrun servers, and will be a perfect fit on the team.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
- Suicide
- Fish
- Jim

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Sunday - Thursday 5:00PM - 9:00PM Friday - Saturday 12:00PM -12:00AM (PST)

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

General Rules

Cheater: Permanent ban with evidence
Chat/Mic Spammer: Warning [1st offense] - 2 hours [2nd offense] - 8 hours [3rd offense] - 24 hours [4th offense] - 3 Days [5th offense] - 1 week [6th offense] - 2 weeks | Gag/Mute Ban
Squeaker: Warning [1st offense] - 30 minutes [2nd offense] - 1 hour [3rd offense] - 2 hours [4th offense] - 4 hours [5th offense] - 8 hours [6th offense] - 16 hours | Mute Ban
Rudeness: Warning [1st offense] - 1 hour [2nd offense] - 3 hours [3rd offense] - 5 hours [4th offense] - 12 hours [5th offense] - 24 hours [6th offense] - 2 Days | Gag/Mute Ban
Inappropriate/Offensive Sprays: Screenshot it for proof and spray ban them. | Spray Ban
Advertising Cheats: Permanent Gag
Calling Out An Undercover Admin: Ban for 24 hours
Spawn Camping: Warning [1st offense] - 2 hours [2nd offense] - 8 hours [3rd offense] - 24 hours [4th offense] - 2 Days [5th offense] - 3 Days [6th offense] - 4 Days | Server Ban

Deathrun Rules

Ghosting: Warning. [1st offense] - 1 hour [2nd offense] - 3 hours [3rd offense] - 12 hours [4th offense] - 24 hours [5th offense] - 3 Days [6th offense] - 4 Days | Gag/Mute Ban
Stalling: Warning. then slay. then kick.[1st offense] - 2 hours [2nd offense] - 6 hours [3rd offense] - 12 hours [4th offense] - 24 hours [5th offense] - 2 Days [6th offense] - 3 Days | Server Ban
Faking Freeruns: Warning with a slay. [1st offense] - 1 hours [2nd offense] - 3 hours [3rd offense] - 6 hours [4th offense] - 12 hours [5th offense] - 24 Days [6th offense] - 2 Days | Server Ban
Exploits: Depends on the exploit, but the user will be given a warning, and a slay if needed, and if they don’t stop, they will receive a server ban.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I’m going to come clean and say that my behavior on the servers back around December, January, and February was toxic, but I did a full 180 of my behavior.
I know when it’s okay to be immature, and I know when I have to step up and take things seriously.
I have a lot of experience in trading, and I am very aware of ever scam in the book. I can be very useful whenever someone is attempting to make a scam attempt on the server.

5/31/17 Edit 1: Took @Ben289 advice and fixed a couple of things.
6/16/17 Edit 2: Fixed up the punishments and added some color.
The Pros:
1)Has a great application
2)For someone with no past of having a higher status than player , they sure do have a great mindset on punishment for breaking the rules and keeping balance on a server.
3)Has a great reason for needing the power of admin.

The Neutrals:
1) Knows 3 admins.
The Cons:
If they were to become admin they would be scarcely available to help.
The Verdict:
It's hard to make the decision of my support as you may have one con that I would point out but that's a giant and hurtful con in my book overall I'm going to say + support because your qualified to be admin and proved your capable

Last edited:

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
The Neutrals:
1) Knows 3 admins.
@Lucas said this for me, but I'll say it myself. I know more then 3 admins, I just put 3 because I feel more conformable putting them.
If you want to know the admins I've been talking to, here: Fish, Jim, Suicide, Wolf, Tomato Kat, Viking, Buster. Let me tell you why I didn't put them:
Wolf - At the time I made this application, I didn't talk to Wolf that much.
Kat - I've only talked to them on discord
Viking - Very rarely talk to them, but if I do, it's about Clash Royale.
Buster - Very rarely talk to them too, but if I do, it's about DR.
At the end of the day, if I get accepted or not, I'll take my time to personally get to know more admins.

If they were to become admin they would be scarcely available to help.
School > Gaming Community; School is more important to me. I'm going to be out of summer school soon, so I should have more time to play tf2 and help out.
btw, for those 4 hours, I'm usually on the servers.

. Applying this to a real life situation: Imagine you own a car repair
But that's 99.99% different from a gaming community...

Oxi-moron

Truly Feared
@Lucas said this for me, but I'll say it myself. I know more then 3 admins, I just put 3 because I feel more conformable putting them.
If you want to know the admins I've been talking to, here: Fish, Jim, Suicide, Wolf, Tomato Kat, Viking, Buster. Let me tell you why I didn't put them:
At the end of the day, if I get accepted or not, I'll take my time to personally get to know more admins.
That's why it was a neutral
@Lucas
School > Gaming Community; School is more important to me. I'm going to be out of summer school soon, so I should have more time to play tf2 and help out.
I can understand school related issues so I'll remove the time constraint as that's not a problem
@Lucas
again I am removing that but if I were not to it's a comparison and contrast between issues.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin

Would like to throw out there that while a car repair and a gaming community are two different things, it's still perfectly okay to compare them. That's what analogies are, right? Comparing two unlike things for better understanding. Would also like to say I appreciate you having your priorities with school straight. Level-headed thinking like this is what makes good staff.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Congratulations Alex, after much discussion we have decided that you deserve a chance to prove yourself. Welcome to the admin team! c:

First off I'd like to thank you for your patience. Despite that we kept you hanging, you managed to stay active and improve yourself greatly over the past month which was convincing. However, I'd also like to ask you to be excessively prudent in these upcoming few weeks. You will have responsibility for the community with all of its players on all of the servers. Please keep in mind what has been said here.
If you're ever hesitant, please ask us for advice rather than doing something on your own and potentially cause problems. This is especially true for trade. Try to stay calm in every situation, have a secure hand and everything will be alright. If you want to try out all the commands you can do that on an empty server, feel free to invite someone to help you out, other than that you can find basic instructions in the Admin Lounge.

Thank you again and welcome!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom