Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Jampoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jampoint

Retired
Personal Information

Name
Jampoint

Your Age
13 (December 31st, 2003)

Las Vegas, Nevada, United States of America

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:151402199

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
As of now, I am administrating on Flux.tf, a similar community to BlackWonder.tf

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
I play mostly on LA Jailbreak(172.96.160.74:27095), but I can also administrate on different Jailbreak servers, and also help with Trade servers, Dodgeball servers, and Versus Saxton Hale (VSH) servers, and I'm willing to help out in any other gamemodes if necessary.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I have a lot of time on my hands. Since I am not involved in any other outside activity other than Flux.tf, I could help with reports whenever some admins may not be available to help out with calls. I also have experience with taking care of reports, and experience in multiple gamemodes. I even have an idea of the expectations of an admin here, since I’m involved in a community currently with similar features.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Jim (Administrator on both Flux.tf and BlackWonder.tf)
Noodl (Owner of Flux.tf)

I don’t know about adding anyone else, as I don’t know them too much.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I live in the Pacific Time Zone. I usually play on school days from 3:45 PM to 10 PM. On break days, I play from 6 AM to 10 PM.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
General - Jailbreak - Trade - Dodgeball - VSH

Hacker- Record a demo of the hacker, then permanently ban them. If necessary, I could ask another admin to review the demo.
Different language in mic - A warning should be given. Then a 60 minute mute may be appropriate
Spam in mic - A warning should be given, and if not followed, a 2 hour mute
Spam in chat - A warning should be given, and if not followed, a 2 hour gag
Racism in mic - A warning should be given, and if not followed, a 6 hour mute
Racism in chat - A warning should be given, and if not followed, a 6 hour gag
Admin Disrespect - Depending on if it is in mic, chat, or both, a 6 hour mute/gag/silence should be given
Player Disrespect - A warning should be given, then a 2 hour mute/gag/silence
Inappropriate spray - A warning should be given to change the spray. If not, they would be spray banned
Abused !calladmin - A day ban
Advertising hacks - A warning should be given, then a permanent mute.
Mass Freekill - I would give a week long ban. No warning needs to be given.
Constant baiting - A warning should be given, then a slay. If continued, they should be teambanned for 1-2 hours.
Armoury camping(Or camping in another area) - A warning should be given, then a slay. If continued in another round, they should be teambanned for 1-2 hours.
Unactive guard(Away from warden/reds) - A warning should be given, then a slay. If continued, they should be teambanned for 1-2 hours.
Unactive guard(AFK) - Should be moved to spectator
No mic on Blu - A permanent teamban
Bad mic on Blu - I would ask them to go on Red, and if not, a small teamban should be appropriate
Talking over Warden - A warning should be given, then a 60 minute mute
Delaying - A warning should be given, then a slay.
Freekill Orders - The warden would be teambanned for a day
Teamkilling - Teamban for a day
False Friendly fire - Teamban for a day
Freehitting - A warning should be given, then a slay. If continued, a teamban for 2 hours.
Tricky/Conflicting Orders - The warden will be warned that he cannot say those orders. If still followed, a 1 day teamban.
Banned minigame/day - The warden will be warned that he cannot active the minigame/day. If still done anyways, a 1 day teamban
Scamming - A screenshot or two should be provided, then a permanent ban
Spamming trade binds - A warning should be given. If not followed, a 2 hour gag.
Begging - A warning should be given, then a 1 hour gag/mute/silence.
Stealing rockets - A warning should be given, then a slay. A 1 day ban if continued
Suiciding while rocket is targeted - A warning is given, then the person is kicked. A 1 day ban if continued.
Delaying rocket - A warning is given, then a slay.
Camping - A warning is given, then a slay. If continued, a 1 day ban
Delaying round - A warning is given, then a slay
Friendly person/Hale - A warning is given, then a slay

I’m sorry if some of my punishments aren’t exactly correct, or if they feel a bit repetitive. I am willing to fix any mistake made in the punishments, just in case if I do become an admin, I wouldn’t be giving a too harsh or too lenient punishment.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I am currently banned from a community(Degree Gaming) due to being involved in recurring drama. I won’t go into full detail publicly about what happened, unless asked of in a private manner. Other than that, I have not been involved in anything else other than Flux.tf, which of course, I’m on good terms with. I also do not have any record of a ban history in BlackWonder.tf.

Ban link

Edit 1: Added colors to the punishments and edited ban link.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I see no reason to not give a +SUPPORT you act mature in voice chat and having been accepted at flux i can put faith in their choice as well as the way i've seen and heard you act your app is very good too.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Me and Noodl probably know you best cuz Fl00x. I think you may have applied a little early, I haven't seen you that much in game but then again I've been grinding tonks these last 2 weeks (gotta get that free is6 black and t34 black). As far as admining goes, you are competent, fair and most of all, attach actual reasons to your bans :p .

~Neutral pending either I or another admin tells me you've been active on the servers.

N

Nick PlagueBearer

i know you from flux, i see you're admin in there and you're respectful and trustful friend
+SUPPORT
GOOD LUCK!

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Greetings, jampoint.

Your admin app is quite good so far, and with the experience you already have in flux.tf i think you're good enough and could be even better than right now.

Generally speaking, your app is very good, but i have a simple request.

Camping - A warning is given, then a slay. If continued, a 1 day ban
Delaying round - A warning is given, then a slay
Friendly person/Hale - A warning is given, then a slay

Please give more in-depth details into VSH rules, as they should generally be judged depending on what is going on at the moment.
e.g where is everyone atm, how many are alive, where is the hale.... and other variables that i want to see you mention or at least most of them.
Here's a little hint as well...
Sometimes, camping is okay.
Sometimes being friendly could be confused with something else.

Generally speaking i just want to see how much you know about saxton hale rules, since i'v played it for several years :b
Also, it'd be great if you can tell me how many hours or years in total do you THINK you've played vsh mode.
-----------------------------------------------

I'd also like to know what will you do in these situations:

1- What will you do If an admin was abusing his powers, and you were the only one at the time that knows he is abusing.
2- What will you do if an admin was seriously disrespecting another admin in public? (and by public i mean either in a discord chat with other normal plebs or in a game server in front of players.)
3- What will you do if an admin banned someone for an extended duration, or a duration that's just a bit extra long than it should be. (e.g muted someone for a day or perma for his first offence)

Well, that's all the questions that i have in mind so far, maybe they are a bit difficult but i'd like to know what will you do, since you already are administrating flux.tf atm, i assume you might know a thing or two.
I'd like to know in detail what might you do in these situations, Thanks :3

Last edited:

Jampoint

Retired
Greetings, jampoint.

Your admin app is quite good so far, and with the experience you already have in flux.tf i think you're good enough and could be even better than right now.

Generally speaking, your app is very good, but i have a simple request.

Please give more in-depth details into VSH rules, as they should generally be judged depending on what is going on at the moment.
e.g where is everyone atm, how many are alive, where is the hale.... and other variables that i want to see you mention or at least most of them.
Here's a little hint as well...
Sometimes, camping is okay.
Sometimes being friendly could be confused with something else.

Generally speaking i just want to see how much you know about saxton hale rules, since i'v played it for several years :b
Also, it'd be great if you can tell me how many hours or years in total do you THINK you've played vsh mode.
-----------------------------------------------

I'd also like to know what will you do in these situations:

1- What will you do If an admin was abusing his powers, and you were the only one at the time that knows he is abusing.
2- What will you do if an admin was seriously disrespecting another admin in public? (and by public i mean either in a discord chat with other normal plebs or in a game server in front of players.)
3- What will you do if an admin banned someone for an extended duration, or a duration that's just a bit extra long that it should be. (e.g muted someone for a day or so for his first offence)

Well, that's all the questions that i have in mind so far, maybe they are a bit difficult but i'd like to know what will you do, since you already are administrating flux.tf atm, i assume you might know a thing or two.
I'd like to know in detail what might you do in these situations, Thanks :3

Right. I played a decent amount of VSH, about 100 hours, when I was in Degree Gaming, since many clan members and admins loved that gamemode. The ways that camping could be okay if for example, an Engineer has set up his buildings in one area or a Sniper is trying to attack from a far and safe distance, but is staying in that one area. It may not be okay if a few Engineers grouped together and built a nest in one hard-to-reach place. Also, what may not possibly be friendly is possibly a player trying to sneak past a hale by crouching. What could actually be friendly if a player was openly taunting(Conga, Mannrobics, etc.), or a player and a hale taunting together and/or favoring each other.

And the responses to the situations.
1-I could record a demo and warn the owner of the admin's actions. I could also ask for the logs of that certain admin. I also may want to rejoin undercover if necessary, if that admin becomes aware I was watching them.
2-I would first ask for the admin to stop. If continued, I could record a demo if in a server, or I can take screenshots if in Discord. I would warn the owner afterwards of the admin's actions.
3-I would contact the admins and find what happened behind the ban. If it was reasonable, I could let it pass. If it wasn't, I could ask them to change the the length of the ban. If they refuse, then the owner should be contacted.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
MEEEEEEEEEEEP

So, as i talked to @Jampoint in a discord voice chat, i asked her 4 questions regarding some rare or hard or sometimes confusing cases that might happen at some point while she is playing saxton hale, i gave her time to think about these questions and she answered them.

She got 4 of them correct, thus i think she knows enough about the saxton hale rules.

Not to mention, her reply to my previous post.
Thus, i think she has lots of potential.

I think it's a
+support from here :)

Good luck with your app @Jampoint .

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Suiciding while rocket is targeted - A warning is given, then the person is kicked. A 1 day ban if continued.
Thanks to @klay or @TBotV63 (don't remember which anymore) when someone suicides the rocket disappears.

If none have asked you about the ban I'd like to hear the reason either here or in a pm.

Your chat logs are empty (edit: nvm ben hasn't updated the plugin), nonetheless, do you play on the servers?

And lastly, do you think you can administrate two communities at once? Combined they have over 250 servers. I think most people who have admin perms in two places just end up ignoring one of them.

Jampoint

Retired
Thanks to @klay or @TBotV63 (don't remember which anymore) when someone suicides the rocket disappears.

If none have asked you about the ban I'd like to hear the reason either here or in a pm.

Your chat logs are empty (edit: nvm ben hasn't updated the plugin), nonetheless, do you play on the servers?

And lastly, do you think you can administrate two communities at once? Combined they have over 250 servers. I think most people who have admin perms in two places just end up ignoring one of them.

I sent more details about the ban to Jim, since he asked on Discord in DMs.

I played on LA Jailbreak, as I said before, with making a total of 3 resolved reports. I also played on one of your surf servers, yet I don't believe surf servers need much administrating.

And I do believe that I can administrate 2 communities. There are days where in Flux.tf, there are no calls for as little as an hour or for the rest of the day. The extra time could be spent on BlackWonder calls, but on other times, I could switch between calls.

Reactions: Jim

hey ya

Dark Elf

hey ya

I'm a frequent LA player, strange I have never seen you on.

App is alright, though I'm concerned about also being a flux admin. Since you came from flux to blackwonder, unlike Jim who did vice versa (in terms of becoming admin that is) I am wondering if your heart is really in it. Furthermore, you'll have a harder time administrating two servers considering our rules, while similar, have some inconsistencies.

Neutral

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You have been very present on discord for the past week, but I have not actually seen you in-game, to know how you behave. I also have some slight concerns over how you plan to divide you time between flux and blw. Neutral

Noodle ball

Beef Flavored
While your application is very good, I have not seen you in-game, so I can't judge you on that just yet. I am also worried about how things will go with you administrating both flux and blw because if you are truly dedicated, it would be much more difficult to manage. Neutral

Jampoint

Retired
I'm a frequent LA player, strange I have never seen you on.

App is alright, though I'm concerned about also being a flux admin. Since you came from flux to blackwonder, unlike Jim who did vice versa (in terms of becoming admin that is) I am wondering if your heart is really in it. Furthermore, you'll have a harder time administrating two servers considering our rules, while similar, have some inconsistencies.

Neutral

You have been very present on discord for the past week, but I have not actually seen you in-game, to know how you behave. I also have some slight concerns over how you plan to divide you time between flux and blw. Neutral

While your application is very good, I have not seen you in-game, so I can't judge you on that just yet. I am also worried about how things will go with you administrating both flux and blw because if you are truly dedicated, it would be much more difficult to manage. Neutral

For some strange reason, I have never encountered any admins on the times I was on Jailbreak LA until today, when I ran into will5023. I understand that, while being part of Flux.tf, there are differences in rules and punishments, such as BlackWonder having more serve punishments and more descriptive rules. The plan I have for splitting my time with BlackWonder and Flux in calls would probably to alternate between the two, also depending on how many admins are on calls that day between the two communities. I even said, previously, that sometimes, there are no calls in Flux for an hour, or at most, the rest of the day, meaning that time could be spent on BlackWonder calls.

Overkill

a byte
I've talked to you before and thought you were chill and very friendly. Still do. Everything seems to be in order. Only three things that bug me:

Player Disrespect - A warning should be given, then a 2 hour mute/gag/silence
Admin Disrespect - Depending on if it is in mic, chat, or both, a 6 hour mute/gag/silence should be given
1. In my opinion, Admins don't rule over others in any sort of fashion, we only enforce rules. If a player is calling another player a bi*** repetitively in a rude way, they should be treated the same way if it were an admin being called a bi***.

2. The time division between here and Flux. I'm just concerned because splitting time between 2 communities w/ jailbreak servers sounds hard. We spend a long time on a jailbreak server at any given moment, sometimes hours (From personal experience I spend a long time on a jailbreak server, people say I'll go crazy give or take 2 more months), and time passes fast, + you've got your real life as well. If what you say is true, then there won't be a problem and you should easily be able to handle and manage your time between the two.

3. The rules between ours and Flux. As a disclaimer, I haven't read the jailbreak rules sheet for Flux yet since I hardly play on Flux servers. Just make sure you know which server you are on at the time and that the punishments given may differ from their. (I know you know this, I'm just concerned because you might mix it up, not saying you will, but you never know).

2 and 3 aren't as serious, but the first one is probably the only one that really bugs me (not in a annoying way, in a concerned way).

Overall, It's a +support from me. Good Luck!

Regards,
Overkill

Jampoint

Retired
I've talked to you before and thought you were chill and very friendly. Still do. Everything seems to be in order. Only three things that bug me:

1. In my opinion, Admins don't rule over others in any sort of fashion, we only enforce rules. If a player is calling another player a bi*** repetitively in a rude way, they should be treated the same way if it were an admin being called a bi***.

2. The time division between here and Flux. I'm just concerned because splitting time between 2 communities w/ jailbreak servers sounds hard. We spend a long time on a jailbreak server at any given moment, sometimes hours (From personal experience I spend a long time on a jailbreak server, people say I'll go crazy give or take 2 more months), and time passes fast, + you've got your real life as well. If what you say is true, then there won't be a problem and you should easily be able to handle and manage your time between the two.

3. The rules between ours and Flux. As a disclaimer, I haven't read the jailbreak rules sheet for Flux yet since I hardly play on Flux servers. Just make sure you know which server you are on at the time and that the punishments given may differ from their. (I know you know this, I'm just concerned because you might mix it up, not saying you will, but you never know).

2 and 3 aren't as serious, but the first one is probably the only one that really bugs me (not in a annoying way, in a concerned way).

Overall, It's a +support from me. Good Luck!

Regards,
Overkill

I recognized that the punishments for those two seem a bit questionable, especially when I was asked why the punishment was extended in the admin disrespect about a week ago. I'm fully aware of that and it will be fixed. On days when reports are flying in like a tsunami, I would make sure to spend at least one round of Jailbreak after punishing rulebreakers without any rules broken that round before leaving for the next report. And other than the fact I have school, I don't have any other activity. As for community rules and servers, as I might mix up, I could tell when it is a Flux server or it is a BlackWonder servers depending on the players(Such as regulars and donors), the messages from console(Which mention the server you are in), and so on.

Also, I must point out that my mic has been malfunctioning since last night. The mic volume has decreased dramatically, and I'm still trying to find a reason why. That's why it appeared I had no mic on Jailbreak earlier today. I do have a second mic, but it's a bothersome to work with, and a camera that can act like a mic, but the volume may be low as well.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hi @Jampoint , thank you for applying, we certainly appreciate your interest in becoming an administrator and spending more time on Blackwonder. Unfortunately we still decided to decline you mainly due to low server activity.

You're already preoccupied with Flux, unless you would decrease your activity there or take away time from school, social activities you couldn't be active enough here. While dealing with reports and taking calls could help us out, it wouldn't make a perceptible difference. We would expect admins (especially new ones) to be dedicated, to know the regulars who play on the servers they administrate and to watch over servers even when there are no calls / reports.

Thank you for your patience.

Jampoint.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 9)

Top Bottom