Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Irish Fox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
Personal Information

Name
Tyler

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:125987690

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
BooBox - Garrys Mod
MintGaming - Garrys Mod

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
EU Jailbreak

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I want to become an admin because throughout all the time I have been with Blackwonder all I have tried to do is be a nice and friendly guy who helps people who are unsure, or just looking for general information on the server or its rules.
With this now being my 3rd admin application surely this shows I in some way want to help the community.
Regardless of that my reason is simple. Improve the experience of other players and get rid of those wishing to deny that to other players.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Will
Lucas
Weebix (Welcome back)
Wanka
Robb (Chatted to a few times)
Jim
Wolf

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
UTC+00:00 I am available I would say nearly 8 hours a day (might be shorter due to school stuff) not available on Tuesdays and Thursdays due to training.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
General Rules
Offensive language: 1 day silence.

Voice/Text Spam: 1 week mute/gag.

Hacking/Cheating: Collect evidense perma ban.

Advertising: 3 day silence.

Call Admin Abuse: 1 week ban.

Jailbreak Rules
Overtalking Warden: 3 hour mute.

Overtalking Mic Check: 1 day mute.

Delaying: Explain why or how they are delaying, if continued slay/teamban 1 day/ban 3 days.

Ghosting:3 hour silence.

Blus Breaking Breakables: Explain rule, slay if continued teamban1 day/ban 3 days.

Sticky Traps: Explain rule, if continued teamban.

Freekill:If they leave straight afterwards perma ban. If not then teamban 3 days.

Freehitting: Explain rule if continued teamban 1 day.

Teamkill:Slay and or teamban 1 day.

Blu disguising: Explain rule if continued teamban 1 day.

Favouritism: Explain rule if continued teamban 1 day.

Blu Unwardening: Ask if they have a mic if yes ask why they unwardened. If response is something stupid E.g Im tired, slay if continued teamban 7 days.

Warden Hogging: Explain rule if contined teamban 1 day.

Blus Exploring Map Randomly: Ask to return to warden if continued slay/teamban 1 day.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
This may look bad since its not that common to see someone apply 3 times but I am hopeful I have tried to improve my weaknesses from my last application and hope to become a part of the Blackwonder staffing team.
I would also like to say that my comm blocks are what really I am scared of being denied for some I shall put them all here. I have 5 in total all 30 minutes and the latest one was from 9-12-17 at 22:15.

[EDIT]: Added times to team bans I thought they were permanent till appealed.

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Irish is a nice guy who has been part of this community for a very long time.
He knows the rules and I think he should be given a chance (remember who I also said this about??)
Can you maybe clarify the votemutes against you?

Neutral, leaning to +support

Last edited:

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
Irish is a nice guy who has been part of this community for a very long time.
He knows the rules and I think he should be given a chance (remember who I also said this about??)
Can you maybe clairy the votemutes against you?

Neutral, leaning to +support
To be very honest the only votemute reason I can remember is the most recent one which was for my infamous deja vu.... which a donor did not seem to find funny. Which is where I would ask the warden at the time a question and like "Have you ever been here before" or "What do you call it when you experience something that you think happened before" and then I would play this
A 5 second audio clip.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'm still neutral at the moment. But I know I will have questions... especially since you have been vote muted 2x since your last application was submitted. And that application was only closed 3.5 weeks ago.

However, you did post a ton of things recently, but your participation is inconsistent. While this is not a requirement for admin, your activity had been a concern on your prior applications.

So the 2 vote mutes are something I want to peak into..

A reason you wanted to be admin on your last app was the common one of
I want to become a admin because over the time of me playing on Blackwonder servers and even more now recentlly that there is many rules breakers, or people just generally disrupting the game. There has also been a few times now where admins simply are not available at the times I request them or simply havent responded once or twice.

.And then

I suggested that you should file reports, since you yourself said there were times admins weren't around.

I have been intentionally keeping an eye on the reports to see if your name appeared as someone trying to clean up the servers. Sadly, your name has been absent in that department. You have been more involved as a member of the community and we all certainly appreciate that.

This stands today. While I do not think filing reports is vital to applying for admin, you had specific advice to help rectify your problem of "admins simply are not available" And you didn't do it.

I'll have a more thorough response about the mutes and things as I do my normal research (lol...Googling) of things.

Last edited:

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
I'm still neutral at the moment. But I know I will have questions... especially since you have been vote muted 2x since your last application was submitted. And that application was only closed 3.5 weeks ago.

However, you did post a ton of things recently, but your participation is inconsistent. While this is not a requirement for admin, your activity had been a concern on your prior applications.

So the 2 vote mutes are something I want to peak into..

A reason you wanted to be admin on your last app was the common one of

.And then

I suggested that you should file reports, since you yourself said there were times admins weren't around.

This stands today. While I do not think filing reports is vital to applying for admin, you had specific advice to help rectify your problem of "admins simply are not available" And you didn't do it.

I'll have a more thorough response about the mutes and things as I do my normal research (lol...Googling) of things.
I do thank you for taking a 3rd time to shine light on my weaknesses but the main reason I do not do reports because most of the time its a simple mic spammer or blu with no mic and since I have donor I take care of those problems. if something more serious were to happen like a mass freekill I would report it I just have not seen any serious cases like that when I was on Jailbreak recently.

With forum activity I was on for the past maybe 4 days stalking threads to see what I could add to but their was simply not that much going on that I felt I could add to.

Finally I honestly can't recall the mute I got on the 15th a few days after my last app if you do happen to find out do tell me as I am wondering what it was for too, the other mute was for the reason I already gave above.

frankie

Uncharitable
could you say how long those teambans will be for jb rulebreakers since they vary quite alot

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I cannot be biased for this so i'll say you can be level headed at times but also in fits of annoyance get rather angry (the dinosaur incident) which is something that does worry me, you're a little "memey" at times with your dejavu MICSPAM (which is what it is ;) regardless of it being six seconds) but i digress. you do some reports occasionally but not a lot that i notice, but you do generally just call me instead. i'll go NEUTRAL leaning to +SUPPORT if some of that increases and you chill a bit

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
I cannot be biased for this so i'll say you can be level headed at times but also in fits of annoyance get rather angry (the dinosaur incident) which is something that does worry me, you're a little "memey" at times with your dejavu MICSPAM (which is what it is ;) regardless of it being six seconds) but i digress. you do some reports occasionally but not a lot that i notice, but you do generally just call me instead. i'll go NEUTRAL leaning to +SUPPORT if some of that increases and you chill a bit
To be fair the "dinosaur incident" was a one time thing and besides that I very rarely get angry at things. Like I said before to Robb there has been no big rule breaks while I be on jailbreak recently and is mostly why I have not done many reports
. Also while yes it is micspam I do it maybe like every few days and do it once twice at most in one day and I stop if anyone asks me to without instantly trying to votemute me, I know this is still gives me no reason to do it and as such I have not done it recently.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
I played a lot with Irish before he disappeared. The times Ive played and talked with Irish he's been a jolly guy who knows the rules well. I can agree that his disappearance and then suddenly coming back, posting stuff and make an application is odd but I think Irish would make a great admin. He's been here longer than a lot of people, so everyone doesn't know him to well, but he is really mature, respectful and can be serious when he needs to. I'm actually surprised he's not admin yet but hey! That's not my call. Anyway good luck Irish I believe in you!

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
I played a lot with Irish before he disappeared. The times Ive played and talked with Irish he's been a jolly guy who knows the rules well. I can agree that his disappearance and then suddenly coming back, posting stuff and make an application is odd but I think Irish would make a great admin. He's been here longer than a lot of people, so everyone doesn't know him to well, but he is really mature, respectful and can be serious when he needs to. I'm actually surprised he's not admin yet but hey! That's not my call. Anyway good luck Irish I believe in you!
Thank you Pablo I appreciate the kind words.

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

Freekill:If they leave straight afterwards perma ban. If not then teamban 3 days.
I dont agree on this because If players know that rule they can take advantage of it and not leave.They can basically repeat this on and on. I Think that it should be a week ban up to a perma guard ban depending on the seriousness of the situation.

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Not sure how I feel about this; isn't this your second time disappearing after a declined application and reappearing only to make another one? Can you elaborate?

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
unfortunately I have to change myself to a - support this isn't the kind of thing we want people knowing admins for and people thinking they can get admins to do stuff like this isn't going to end well all around. Sorry.

Melectrome

Legendary
unfortunately I have to change myself to a - support this isn't the kind of thing we want people knowing admins for and people thinking they can get admins to do stuff like this isn't going to end well all around. Sorry.
FYI, This is the clip of when you got votemuted by Botar230 (aka Bill Gates) which was on the 15th of Augustas seen here.

Thank you for helping me with getting the clip, Botar!

-support

Last edited:

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
Well I would say I have moved on from doing that like I said with the first comment but, that would just make me sound like a broken recording. So I simply have to say that yes I have done that and simply have to now leave it up to you the staff members to accept me or deny me right now that's all I can really say I have no defence.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I'm torn with you Irish. Between your inactivites, your past app cons and that video above, I'm afraid you just haven't "changed" enough. I believe you would be helpful as an admin while maintaining a level of goofy fun but you have been prone to going a bit too far in the past. Using myself as an example I think most JB normies would agree that I was really fun before I was admin, funner (haha not a word judge me) when I first got admin but then dropped a bit when people began viewing more as "Admin Jim" rather than "Fun Jim". It is fine to have a balance with a little of both which you can see with me but with you I think there would be more of a hard time discerning between when the time for fun is appropriate and when it is not.

Sadly,
-Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom