Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from gryP_

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
Personal Information

Name
Adam (gryP_ or Zen)

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:121310701

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
[none]

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
I usually play on Deathrun #2

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I would like to be an administrator because there are not much admins around in Deathrun and I would like to help out because I'm very active in Deathrun and also the Forums and Discord.
Being an Administrator will help me cleaning out Deathrun #2 and I will prevent any rule-breakers by punishing them.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Lucas
2010wolf
Wanka
Buster

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I'm usually available/play around from 1 PM to 1 AM. If I'm not on at that time, then I might be busy at that time. The timezone is: GMT +2

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
GENERAL RULES PUNISHMENTS:
Mic-Spammers: They will be warned for 1 time ONLY, if they refuse to stop, they will be muted for 4 hours, second offense: 24 hours, third offense: One Week
Chat-Spammers: Two times warning maximum, if they still continue spamming, they will be gagged for 2 hours, second offense: 6 hours, third offense: 1 day and so on.
Immature Voice: They will be warned 2 times maximum not to use their microphone unless they have a mature voice while voice communicating, doing otherwise will result in a mute for 12 hours, second offense: 24 hours mute, third offense: 3 days mute.
Cheating: Demonstration will be recorded for evidence and permanently ban the Cheater.
Disrespect to other players: One time warning, if disrespect still continues, a gag for 2 hours, second offense: 4 hours, third offense: 6 hours
Using Other Languages than English: One time warning then if they still speak other languages will result in a mute for one day.
Inappropriate Spray: Player having the inappropriate spray will be asked two times to remove the spray, if the player refuses, the player will be spray-banned for a week.
Advertising Hacks: One time warning ONLY, if the player still does not want to cooperate, then he/she will be silenced permanently.
Exposing an Undercover Admin: That will result in a 2 days ban. (EDITED!)
DEATHRUN RULES PUNISHMENTS:
Freerun Trolling: Once the Death says Freerun and activates and kills player(s), he will be warned for one time, second trap activated and kills players will result in a one hour ban.
Ghosting: That will result in two warnings, afterwards the Player will be gagged for 2 hours, if the player ghosts through the microphone, then that will result in a 1 week silence.
Delaying the game: AFK Players will be moved to spectate, if they go into RED team and AFK again, then they will be kicked with the following message: Delaying the game is not allowed, as it will waste time and takes up player slots,.If the Player joins and AFK again, then they will be banned for one day.
As for the Players that are delaying intentionally (which are taunting and playing around in front of Spawn OR refusing to pass the trap), will be warned one time and if after one minute and no change occurs, they will be kicked and warned again with the following message Please do not delay the round by staying in front of the spawn and playing around. And the second message with the warning: Please do not delay by refusing to pass the trap.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I played with the admins and talked with them for quite a bit, other information is I am an experienced Deathrun player. Thanks for your time reading this!

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
SO i'm not sure what to say about this app, it's nicely written, the punishments are well thought out with only one standing out to me and that's the perma ban for calling out an undercover admin for which is extremely too harsh but like you say you have no experience before so i can semi understand your reasoning. you have punishments that are fair in the difference between whether you'd ban them or kick them so that's a definite plus. Your reason for applying sure is generic but whose isn't these days, even mine was. The only thing that worries me is your age, from what i've seen so far you're mature enough and your app is nicely done but at your age tantrums can still occur and i'd hope you wouldnt get these and punish people unncesarily though from your app i dont think you would. I will go NEUTRAL for now i see you're active in discord as well as active as much as you can be recently on the forums so pending any big discoveries of toxicity i'll keep an eye on you and the other comments on the app to potentially move the support up or down

Last edited:

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

I know this person from Panda so I know a bit about him. (which could have changed but that's for the admins to see)

I know you as a very bossy, know it all kind of guy and not to mention you're very toxic when things don't go your way. I punished you multiple times for it (when I was a admin on panda) I also remember you kissing the asses of every single admin on panda and even trying to add all of them. Unless you've changed (which I don't know as I haven't played with you/seen you since then) I honestly wouldn't want to see you as an admin in Blackwonder.

Obviously in the end the Blackwonder staff decides if you get accepted but I honestly wouldn't recommend it (unless they have seen you act differently then I described you but then still it wouldn't surprise me if you acted like a good boy when they're around and acted like your old self when no admin was around)

adam

Somewhat Threatening
I know this person from Panda so I know a bit about him. (which could have changed but that's for the admins to see)

I know you as a very bossy, know it all kind of guy and not to mention you're very toxic when things don't go your way. I punished you multiple times for it (when I was a admin on panda) I also remember you kissing the asses of every single admin on panda and even trying to add all of them. Unless you've changed (which I don't know as I haven't played with you/seen you since then) I honestly wouldn't want to see you as an admin in Blackwonder.

Obviously in the end the Blackwonder staff decides if you get accepted but I honestly wouldn't recommend it (unless they have seen you act differently then I described you but then still it wouldn't surprise me if you acted like a good boy when they're around and acted like your old self when no admin was around)
Although, my behavior changed VERY much, and if you take a look at my chat logs, you would see no lenny binds, no stupidity or anything.
I even regret being toxic a while back in Panda too, it was dumb of me.
I apologies for the toxicity done while back.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
Since I have been listed as someone you know I will try to reply a bit early and share my experience with you, together with a short review of this application.

So to start with the application itself. It's pretty straight forward with a few inaccuracies which are there because you have no previous experience. I'm talking about the spray ban, as of now you can only spray ban someone permanently and I don't think we usually hand out warnings. And advertising hacks without hacking is an instant permanent silence. To be clear, I don't blame you for these things.
The only thing that I desperately lack in this application and a number of other applications is a description of yourself. @will5023 here doesn't know you and was first to reply, you gave him absolutely nothing to go on, he just assumed that you're fine because he saw you a few times on discord and because the application itself is okay. So because you shared no information regarding what you're like, the four admins that you mentioned will have to put that together for everyone and that is a significant disadvantage.

Moving on to you personally. While I don't remember you being openly rude to anyone or insulting anyone or being toxic as @Drexils says. You showed yourself to be a very senseless and ignorant person. I partly blame your age for this, but that cannot be an excuse, not when you want to become an admin.
  1. You don't recognize when you annoy someone, even when I tell it blatantly to your face (and when that happens it's already pretty late). The first time I deleted you off steam (happened twice) and you added me back, you yourself said that it was because you were "cancerous", those were your words. But even after you said that, even after admitting that you were annoying. You continued with the same behavior for the following days up to a discord dispute that eventually shut the annoying part of you down.
  2. I still don't really know you besides your bad qualities that stood out from the get go. You also definitely don't know me. What is important though is that this also won't change because you are incredibly impatient. You showed that you want those admin powers as soon as possible and you don't care about getting to know people, you especially despise that this process could take months, that is way over the top for you. While this is your choice, the consequence of it is that no one will blindly put trust in you and without at least some people vouching for you, it will be hard to gain the support of the community.
  3. You lack forum activity. You have literally been active for two weeks and while you were active in these two weeks you also seemingly bragged about it and tried to imply that this amount is more than enough to make sure your application gets accepted. You yourself completely ruined the illusion that you care about this community when you implied that you are only here in hopes of getting admin and that you do everything in your own interest.
That's my overall view on you and your application. Although you have a good understanding of the rules I'm not convinced that you could handle unclear, devious situations.
I wouldn't trust you with the powers and responsibilities of an admin right now because of my past experience and your slightly ignorant and often self centered behavior.
-support.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim

This Fluff Is a Puff

Truly Feared

Anxiety

The application was pretty good, But I think that the punishments are too harsh like why immature voice will be muted for 12 hours?!
but it's not my right to decide if you get admin or not.
Good Luck.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
11 years old, huh?

I've met some pretty responsible 11 year old admins (by some I mean one), and unfortunately nobody took them seriously due to their voice.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you'd fall into the same boat.

Especially with all the things Buster said.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
Let's get into this and state my mistakes done.
  • While I was talking to you in chat in Steam, I was over-reacting too much about that "virus" or whatever, it's a big mistake I know, when you first deleted me, I added you back, admitting my cancerous behavior, but though, I don't quite remember me being cancerous the SECOND time, as I have not talked to you for quite a while after I added you the second time.
  • I was incredibly impatient, I agree on that, it was because of seeing too many rule-breakers and not many admins are around in Deathrun #2, are there?
  • Now this one, I quite disagree with this, because I've been on the Forums, Discord, Server that I'm applying for, and I WAS active after all, not being inactive, I usually check the forums for anything I'm involved in and other.
I'm admitting that I have done mistakes in the past, and I'll make sure not to do that again.
Thanks Buster for stating out the facts in which make me know my mistakes better.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

From what I've seen of you, the way you type and the information given by other forum members, I can safely say that you have not changed, or have changed only the smallest amount, since I quit Panda.

The only difference is that you haven't insulted an admin because they declined a friend request from you.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
I've stated earlier, that I was over-reacting about that "virus" in my computer that might do something, after all, it wasn't a virus.
It was stupid of me to over-react that much though, I'll make sure not to do that again.
Also, I still remember this part a while back. Now this part:
The only difference is that you haven't insulted an admin because they declined a friend request from you.
I never ever insulted an Admin, why would I? Is just saying "rude" means that it's an insult? I'm not trying to argue or anything but this part is sort of made up.

Cammy

Legendary

Cammy

That's back from Panda days, that's why admins didn't like you there (or at least the start of it).

I've stated all I need as I don't see you in the servers - since I can't run tf2 without blackscreening -, and that's all the information I can give based on what I've seen so far.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
Still, that doesn't mean I have insulted..

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I completely agree with Buster here, specially on point three, I've told you to wait at least 2 months in order for us to get to know you, you were constantly bragging about your connection times on the forum and how many reports you did, which at the time were 4 or 5, you literally ignored us even though we were giving you some useful information. While the application is good, I can't simple ignore the fact that your behaviour was inappropiate, it seemed to me that you didn't care at all and it looked liked that you were just power hungry.
After a little discussion on discord with you and some of the admins, we suggested you (for the 99th time) that you should wait two or three months at least before making an application, you "agreed" and said that you were going to wait 1 month before applying. We had this conversation 4-5 days ago.

You give me bad vibes.

-support

Last edited:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You gave me a pleasant first impression when you showed up on discord out of nowhere last month. You were polite, curious and seemed to want the best for everyone, but without being pushy.

All of a sudden, you started talking about your imminent application. I don't know if this was your goal and reason for your behaviour from the get-go, but regardless that's where you went wrong.

It's good to have opinions and make independent decisions, but regarding your app and being told very explicitly to -wait much, much longer before posting-, it's perhaps best to heed the advice of those exact people who will be judging it. You probaby trust best in your own self, as it should be, but to us you've done absolutely nothing to earn this kind of faith that would let you ignore everyone completely. In fact... nobody has, because people listen to others' opinions regardless of their own when working as a team and participating in discussions.

adam

Somewhat Threatening
I'm going to have to give up on this Admin Application.
First of all, I don't want to become an admin with some mistakes left.
If I still have mistakes left, I won't become a good admin and this admin application was a BIG mistake.
I was impatient and that impatience is wrong.
Thanks guys, the -supports help me a lot so I can know my mistakes and learn not to do it again. Not being sarcastic
Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom