Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Grizzly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grizzly

Hunky Chunk of Love
Member Name Grizzly

Name Grizzly

Contact Information http://steamcommunity.com/id/GrizzShizz/

Your Age 16

Location Cumbria, England

Your SteamID [U:1:86135678]

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? PBFortress - Mainly Jailbreak but often strayed to VSH or Deathrun.

Hoovy Raffles - Was technically an administrator on servers but more of the creative designer for the group.

SPClans - Administrated servers over short period of time; owner became inactive and servers died.

Why do you want to become an admin? Having played on Blackwonder for a while now, there's two things I'm come to notice; one is that the community here is great because the members and staff are so friendly, and two is that admins for Jailbreak seem to be in short supply. Having been an admin for Jailbreak before for a long period of time I know how to watch over the servers and make sure everyone follows the rules. I want be to able to make sure people have a good time on the server and the only way to do that is by using reports, which takes time and allows the rule breaker to carry on his act for a while. I've reported quite a few people which is time consuming and annoying as some rule breakers are aware that I'm recording at some points, so I'd love to be able to hand down punishment as soon as I am sure they deserve it.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Miyuki
Viking34
Farma Frama
Malzbier
Sakuya
Amy
Possibly Arcalium, though we haven't talked much.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Weekday nights: 4pm - 10pm GMT
Weekend nights: 1pm - 12am.

On what servers do you usually play?
Jailbreak, and sometimes VSH or Deathrun. (EU)

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have experience in SFM and would be willing to do any sort of art for the community! :D

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?
Freekilling: Warning on first accidental offence, slay on first deliberate offence/second accidental.
Continuation to freekill after this will result in guard bans varying on how many people are freekilled, with yet another single freekill leading to an hour guard ban.

Mic Spamming: Give a warning is the spam isn't deliberate, then mute for 30 minutes. If the spam is deliberate like screaming or music, will mute for a day or more. If the problem consists, permamute.

Chat spamming: Same as mic spamming, but obviously with the punishment being a gag.

Hacker: Record a demo while confirming whether the hacker is hacking. Proven right, they'll be permabanned. No one with a mentality like that should be allowed on the server.

Simple Rulebreaker: Depends on severity of the rule break. Things such as camping as Hale with result in a slay if they do not listen to warnings. Things like disrespect to any member/staff will result in a gag/mute.

**Sorry about the numerous edits on this application. It was meant to be a draft that I'd come back to later on (later on being right now, 2 hours later) but I pressed enter when listing the staff members which posted it, so I had to go through everything rather quickly. I've cleaned it up now (added what was meant to be in the "Why do you want to become and admin?" section) and I hope it's actually complete. :)

Last edited:

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
tbh. A very good application. +support from me. (This vote wont count since I am not an admin or above)

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
tbh. A very good application. +support from me. (This vote wont count since I am not an admin or above)
Inb4 Ben: "no one said member votes don't count". I thought this would be clear by now as he stated this a couple of times now.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Everyone can give opinions and thoughts so Benedevil knows who to accept or not. There are no votes and everyone can give their two cents on these aplications.

I'll give my two cents later since I am mobile. X

Bassianus

Retired Pun-Making Skeleton
Jailbreak admins are DEFIANTLY out of supply, seriously, the shipping company stopped providing us them (sorry for the bad joke).
All in all, the application looks solid, and its being boosted by the fact that your active on the forums and in-game... I hope. Good luck in being accepted friend.

Man of Feels

Sufficiently Lethal
Jailbreak admins are DEFIANTLY out of supply, seriously, the shipping company stopped providing us them (sorry for the bad joke).
All in all, the application looks solid, and its being boosted by the fact that your active on the forums and in-game... I hope. Good luck in being accepted friend.
Deathrun -_-

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
MALZ TIME

So I've played a couple of times with Grizzly and he seems to be a really polite and funny person. He respects the rules and sure knows his stuff in SFM. From what I have seen, he would make a really good admin.

Your application is very good, with lots of details and information. Your English and grammar is very good and that just emphasizes your good qualities as an (future) admin.

Short story even shorter: You have my SUPPORT for you overall very good application, English and character.

Best of luck!

K. Thx. Bay. Malz

(As for the deathrun topic: Yes, we ARE kind of short on admin there. I play from time to time there, but I have yet to see an admin who was on the server when I joined. Depending on when you join, you either have russian kids singing and talking with bad mics OR people spamming Lenny faces and soundlist commands. It's quiet annoying. I do deal with them when I'm there, but I also have other stuff to do. So if we get a few admins to check there from time to time, it would be a great help.)

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Player is friendly, polite, understands the rules for the most part and makes a point of actually taking the time to spell correctly, which I always appreciate.
Is very active and seems pretty responsible, haven't seen any arguments break out from anything Grizzly has said or done yet. He has a low 'drama-factor', if you will.

Going to have to cut down on the textface binds though, and really needs to not call admins out when it's clear they're trying to stay hidden...

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

Well @Viking34 besides the one moment on GRXD's admin app then. c:

But yes, I can confirm I know him.

> Friendly
> Helpfull
> Understanding the rules
> Active on forum

Amy

#Wilde
Very good application, glad you went back to edit some things. Knows the rules well enough. Always fun to play with you on jailbreak.

-Good Application
-Active
-Friendly
-Fun in general

I give you my Support :) Good luck mate

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
Holy shit! 5 apps in like a week, well who will be accepted first? My money is on................ Grizzly

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I'd be really glad if Grizzly got accepted. He is an active, kind member of this community. I believe that has been said quite a few times by now. He also would be useful on our deathrun servers which are in need of admins too.
  • Has experience
  • Noice english
  • Active
  • Remembers me of "Bear" who was a good dr admin back at :blueprint:lueprint.tf
So yeah, bear factor 10/10 @Viking34 -rolleye--smile-

Sakuya

Trickster
Hello there Grizzly hope you're doing fine.
To start off I believe your application is beautiful and has all the needed components to make it an outstanding application. Your English is great which is wonderful.
Moving on, just as @Ben289 I really have not chatted with you that much just random moments where we are in the same voice channel is discord.
In-game you're polite and well-behaved. Players listen and respect you which shows you're a trustworthy and reliable person which is excellent. The only problem which @Viking34 pointed out is you blowing the cover of admins when they're trying to be sneaky. Not extremely bad but please avoid doing that repeatedly as it can ruin our chances of observing a rule breaker and watching them complete their heinous act in person.
All in all Grizzly I do believe you suit the admin position so I do support you.
See you later doc, have a good one.
Sak out!

𝐆𝐑𝐗𝐃

α΄„ΚŸα΄‡α΄ α΄‡Κ€ Ι’ΙͺΚ€ΚŸ

MECHA-G

I've had the pleasure of seeing Grizzly in-game while spectating on JB, and I can tell you without a doubt that he would be a fitting admin. He's friendly, polite, knows the rules of JB well and plays on those servers frequently. So +SUPPORT from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom