Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Genie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
Member Name Genie

Name Daddy Genie

Contact Information Steam - Genie, Skype - Jastonderp

Your Age 15

Location Mexico, heading to Texas in 1-2 months

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:184664459

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? I use to be a mod on a TTT Gmod server, I'm sorry, I can't recollect the name. I'm no longer a mod there because the main Dev deleted all the plugins paid by the owner and then vanished. So it ended up being an empty shell of a once great community and the owner just decided to pull the plug.

Why do you want to become an admin? I really really have passion for this community and I'd love to do my part in this amazing "Society". Then again there are other ways of contributing to the community, the specific reason I want to become a server admin is because I want to enforce Black Wonder's rules.

Are you familiar with admin commands? I'm familiar with some

Do you know any of our current staff members? Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names. Sakuya

Miyuki

Viking

Ben3devil

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. I usually play from 12:30am - 8:30pm (EST)

On what servers do you usually play? I play on only jailbreak currently -

Jailbreak - NY

Jailbreak - LA

Most of the time I only travel to these realms.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. I'm going to be going down to Florida on the 31st and probably won't be back for maybe 3-4 days (Moving stuff from a storage unit to a house in Texas). Overall I'm usually pretty chill which could be looked at as a downfall(Thus me telling about it).

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? It depends on what rule(s) the person breaks.

If someone's just being an ass and using valger remarks to the other players I'll try to tell them in a controlled manner to just relax and have fun. If they're going to continue insulting people, then gag them for 30 minutes.

If someone were to just start freekilling then I would warn them and inform them about our rules and then continue to slay them. If they then continue freekilling I would kick them, if they come back to create more havoc then I would ban him for a day and so on.

If someone was mic/chat spamming then I would tell them about our rules on spamming and explain how to access where the rules are written down. And if they continue to break this rule then I'd mute/gag them for 30 minutes.

If there was a hacker...then I would just straight up perma ban them, they understand the consequences and still continue their actions.

Last edited:

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Let us rate you app:

Since I do not know you ingame, let me rate you app:

You app is.. somewhat decent. I provides all necessary information and you tell a little bit about you. You English is also ok.

What bugs me a bit is that you have words like
BlookWunder's
in your app.

Not to say that I do not use them, but you must understand that this kind of application is set on the same level as a real life job application. And you would not use these words there, would you? But that is a minor thing that can be overlooked.

Other than that, I have nothing left to say but:

I will stay NEUTRAL and wait for the opinions of the jailbreak admins.

Good luck with the application

K. Thx. Bay. Malz

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
Let us rate you app:

You app is.. somewhat decent. I provides all necessary information and you tell a little bit about you. You English is also ok.

in your app.

Not to say that I do not use them, but you must understand that this kind of application is set on the same level as a real life job application. And you would not use these words there, would you? But that is a minor thing that can be overlooked.

K. Thx. Bay. Malz
Thanks bby<3, I appreciate your comment and opinion. I just take certain things serious and this is one of the things. Stay Frosty.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Let us rate you app:

in your app.

K. Thx. Bay. Malz
Not an admin, but Ben has seemingly made it clear that we don't need to be to comment.

I 2nd everything Panda said, and would add the following strange unnecessary examples of familiarity.
"Ben3devil (love you)"
" just a love'n person<3 (Feel free to add me to talk and what not❤)"
"Thanks bby<3" (Response to Panda).

Your English is fine, but I am guessing that you type the same way you talk. That's not always appropriate, when being succinct is typically a preferable method of communication as a mod/admin. It's not a slight on you as a person, just my opinion that it offers more clarity in most cases.

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
Not an admin, but Ben has seemingly made it clear that we don't need to be to comment.

I 2nd everything Panda said, and would add the following strange unnecessary examples of familiarity.
"Ben3devil (love you)"
" just a love'n person<3 (Feel free to add me to talk and what not❤)"
"Thanks bby<3" (Response to Panda).

Your English is fine, but I am guessing that you type the same way you talk. That's not always appropriate, when being succinct is typically a preferable method of communication as a mod/admin. It's not a slight on you as a person, just my opinion that it offers more clarity in most cases.
Thank you for the recommendation, I understand that Ima bit over expressive with my emotions. I probably won't change the way I communicate but I appreciate you trying to help me <3. Stay Frosty.

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Mmmmmmmmm, i'm a bit confused here.

9bb69d3a36bd5430b73563778d4d3f4f.png
4fbb9038ae5139c446a4c526af1b7929.png

You created your steam account one month ago, only have 122 hours on TF2 and you registered two weeks ago on here.
It might be logical to think you have two steam accounts since you claim you were a mod in a Garry's Mod community.
(date does not match unless this happened between those times)

May i know why are you not applying with your "main" account?

I'll obviously stay neutral since i've never seen you in-game (mostly due to JB) but in my opinion you applied way too soon for the time you've been on the servers and on the forums.

PD: as Malt Beer said previously, you should take this as a real life job application.

Good luck.

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
Mmmmmmmmm, i'm a bit confused here.

9bb69d3a36bd5430b73563778d4d3f4f.png
4fbb9038ae5139c446a4c526af1b7929.png

You created your steam account one month ago, only have 122 hours on TF2 and you registered two weeks ago on here.
It might be logical to think you have two steam accounts since you claim you were a mod in a Garry's Mod community.
(date does not match unless this happened between those times)

May i know why are you not applying with your "main" account?

I'll obviously stay neutral since i've never seen you in-game (mostly due to JB) but in my opinion you applied way too soon for the time you've been on the servers and on the forums.

PD: as Malt Beer said previously, you should take this as a real life job application.

Good luck.
Thanks for your comment, I realized how odd it looked on paper awhile ago but thanks for bringing it to my attention again :>. I use to mainly just use my brothers computer, because he has a bunch of games and I really didn't want to have to buy everything but then I realized the perks to having an account and made one. Also I'm not new to Team Fortress, just new to this wonderful community.
The other account - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035303696/

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Thanks for your comment, I realized how odd it looked on paper awhile ago but thanks for bringing it to my attention again :>. I use to mainly just use my brothers computer, because he has a bunch of games and I really didn't want to have to buy everything but then I realized the perks to having an account and made one. Also I'm not new to Team Fortress, just new to this wonderful community.
The other account - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035303696/

I can't figure out how to ask this without sounding accusatory. The play time on that account for do not have a ton of play time, but they have some remarkable kill streaks.

Demo (60hours-125kills), and Spy (64hours-94kills)

Maybe I'm just jealous that it took me many more hours to get close to that?

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
I can't figure out how to ask this without sounding accusatory. The play time on that account for do not have a ton of play time, but they have some remarkable kill streaks.

Demo (60hours-125kills), and Spy (64hours-94kills)

Maybe I'm just jealous that it took me many more hours to get close to that?
Is that a serious comment? I'm sorry detecting sarcasm isn't one of my strong suits. I use to play a lot of trade servers and idle servers, I just checked the profiles class playtime and its too low, I think I reset them. I've seen it as a setting in the past I believe.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Is that a serious comment? I'm sorry detecting sarcasm isn't one of my strong suits. I use to play a lot of trade servers and idle servers, I just checked the profiles class playtime and its too low, I think I reset them. I've seen it as a setting in the past I believe.
Absolutely not sarcasm. I tried to add the anecdote at the end, so I did not sounds presumptive, only curious.

Regarding resetting your play time. tl:dr There has not been an option to reset play time.
https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/490123197947761802/

I'm just a curious member, not an admin. Previously, I would have accepted "I'm a badass, deal with it" haha

Genie

Somewhat Threatening

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
After viewing the comments and "reviews" for me, I'll stick with my ethics of communication. Then again I really want to help out the community and become a bigger role, so after considering all these great points and comments that've been made, I'm going to tweak my whole admin application! I just want to create a better chance at becoming admin for myself, thank you for understanding. Stay Frosty bby❤

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
I think what's missing is the comments of people who you said you know. I usually wait for those people to reply when I don't really have anything useful to say.

Sakuya

Trickster
Good day to you Genie I hope you're doing fine.
First of all your admin application is well built. You could've added some more but overall its good. The one problem that @DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda pointed out is you using I'd say "street slang" (What we call it here where I'm at). Take the application seriously, avoid writing in words like how you would text a friend. Yes other admins use "lol, rofl, lmao, atm, wby, lennies, & etc, but when you're doing an admin application, you do not want to make mistakes such as those, yes they're minor but many people will critique you on that and may not take you seriously as an admin.
Lets move on.
In-game you're well-behaved and extremely polite if I do say so myself. You follow rules and address people politely never showing rudeness to others. Also what I do love is that you binded some of the rules from the Jailbreak Rules which is awesome! Binding some of the rules and showing them to other people for when they're bewildered and do not understand something will educate them and lessen the amount of people not knowing some terms.
In the end, the only problem I ever had with you was correcting you on some of the rules in the beginning but afterwards (now) you obey them like an obedient well-trained dog. Not a single problem with you now Jaston so as of right now I stand a clear bright support for you!
Take good care and good luck with your app doc!
Sak out!

P.S. Sorry for my late response I've been attending some other things also playing with you more in-game to see you in action.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife
Basically what Sakuya stated. Helpfull, has nice set of binds with rules for JB, can have people listen to him. Just a small note I have to make is the unformally way of talking on official threads. Like this admin application. When you will be handling reports, you have to stay formal. On other subjects aswell.
For the rest, I have nothing to remark that Sakuya hasn't said yet. Goodluck with your admin application.
x

Amy

#Wilde
*I feel like there should be a limit of how much hours on tf2 to apply for admin*. I have seen you in game @Genie and i do agree with @Sakuya Izayoi and @MiyukiMouse , you have a good set of binds. Don't know much of you so i will stay Neutral. Good luck. Good job on editing the mistakes

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
*I feel like there should be a limit of how much hours on tf2 to apply for admin*. I have seen you in game @Genie and i do agree with @Sakuya Izayoi and @MiyukiMouse , you have a good set of binds. Don't know much of you so i will stay Neutral. Good luck. Good job on editing the mistakes
Thank you for commenting! I agree, there should be a limit; I assure you I have more experience than my hours illustrate. Have a nice evening!

Cosmo

Mildly Menacing
-support I've had to explain rules that he was wrong about too many times in my opinion, I don't think people should apply before knowing the rules.
Also multiple invalid reports, invalid reports may not seem like a huge deal, but invalid bans will bother some people.
NOTE: not knowing a rule and going with what you think is way different from simply not knowing a rule.

Last edited:

Genie

Somewhat Threatening
-support I've had to explain rules that he was wrong about too many times in my opinion, I don't think people should apply before knowing the rules.
Also multiple invalid reports, invalid reports may not seem like a huge deal, but invalid bans will bother some people.
NOTE: not knowing a rule and going with what you think is way different from simply not knowing a rule.

Some rules aren't noted and are intended; I know the rules, but when others give false information they get cloudy. That's my fault for being negligent and I'll be more careful in the future. I've given reports and they've been invalidated mostly because of the evidence itself (screenshots instead of demos, demos not opening, etc.). In all I respect your opinion and I'll take it as advice. Have a nice day<3

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Hey @Genie,
thank you for your application. I'm also terribly sorry for the delay on the response.
I have to say that I unfortunately have to decline you application. This is not due to any inactivity nor any misbehaviour, but because there is a lack of involvement in the community. The fact that you report people alone is awesome and I thank you very much for it, but currently, we just need a bit more from a future admin. We for example like to hang out on discord and have some gaming evenings or just talk about stuff for example. It kinda got to the point that I feel like we are somewhat of a small family or group of friends. So I feel like we should know the person in some other form than through the forums before consindering their application. I'm sure you are very nice guy to be around, but I just don't know that about you really.

Either way, feel free to join us on discord and have some talks and some fun if you can find the time.
Also feel free to reapply after we know you a bit better.

Once again, appologiez for the delayed response and thanks for the application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom