Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from [Fluffy] Puppy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky™

Mildly Menacing
Personal Information

Name
Silky | Joshua

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:226050116

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
Some old ones, some that never grew. Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
The servers I play on:
Jailbreak LA | 172.96.160.74:27095
Jailbreak SG | 209.58.168.131:27060

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Well, I love having administrators in our game, however, they come like 4/10 times they are called. I am sorry to say but sometimes they are not always active. I would be an insanely active admin if I were to be an admin. I just want to do it to make blackwonder servers a safer and more comfortable place. In jailbreak, there are constantly freekillers, mass freekillers, mic-spammers, chat spammers hackers and straight up rude people. I also heard that a lot of !calladmin reports were declined or just couldn't be bothered. It is pretty sad. I know I have gone for admin before but this time is not a joke. I seriously love these jailbreak servers and I am constantly playing it. Like all the time. I feel I would make it a safer and cozier environment. Also, a lot of admins aren't always on when I am, that is another good, thing. I can handle calls when other admins are asleep.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Alex (Sorta)
Drax (Somewhat)
RainbowRob (Somewhat)
Hey Ya (Mostly)
Will5023 (Sorta)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
UTC-7:00 | I am active all time round. Even at school :D

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
m = Minute, h = Hour, d = Day, wk = Week, mo = Month

General Rules:
Being an idiot: Ask them to stop followed by, gag/mic ban, based on comm blocks.
Being a smartass: Ask them to stop being a smartass, failiure to do so will result in a 15 min gag/mute.

Jailbreak Rules:
Talking over admin during mic check/Talking over warden: Mute based on comm blocks.
Armory camping: Tell them to leave. If they don't, slay + 45m teamban.
Delaying: Ask them to stop delaying. If they continue to then, slay.
Ghosting: Warning for first timers, then gag/mute based on comm blocks.
Breaking breakables as blue: Slay + Teamban of 45/90/6h/12h + 2 for each new offense.
Sticky trapping: If blue: Ask them to detonate, or slay if it would harm reds. If they deny, 30m teamban.
Ammo glitching: Ask them to leave and rejoin, otherwise a kick. If enough evidence to prove it was intentional, ban for 1d/2d/1wk/2wk every repeat offense.
Late spawning: Ask them to slay themselves if unintentional, if they refuse, they are slayed. If there is evidence to prove it was intentional, ban for 1d/2d/1wk/2wk every repeat offense.
Freeday griefing/abuse: If the offense was minor (ex. blocking blues), ask them to stop, otherwise a slay. If major, Slay + Respawn any reds who died due to grief/abuse if applicable.
Hiding in exploit/unreachable areas: Ask them to leave, if they refuse, slay.
Freekill: If enough evidence to prove it was freekill, respawn/teleport red and ask blue to slay themself. If they refuse to slay themself, slay + 1h teamban.
Team killing: 30m teamban if unintentional, 1d if intentional. Follows 30m/60m/6h/1d/1wk/2wk/Permanent teamban.
Baiting: Ask them to stop. If they refuse, then slay.
Griefing: Slay + 30m/60m/6h/1d/1wk/2wk/Permanent teamban. Respawn reds who died to the grief.
Illegal ff: Force turn it off + 30m/60m/6h/1d/1wk/2wk/Permanent teamban. Respawn any reds who died due to it.
Tricky orders: Respawn any reds who died due to tricky order.
Illegal minigames: Ask them not to, 30m teamban if they continue.
Mass Freekill: 1wk/2wk/1mo/2mo Ban.
Unwilling to be warden (dodge/invalid unwarden): 6h/1d teamban.
Blues exploring map without warden permission: Ask them to go back. If they refuse, slay.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have had two team bans from blackwonder, 1: not sure 2: accidental freekill.
No other bans.

Kind Regards,

Silky

UPDATE: Updated Servers I am active on!

Last edited:

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Recent activities https://blackwonder.tf/search/575335/

The last post prior to this one was on october 5th, 8 of his 14 posts where on Intodructions, mostly he posted over 3-4 days and then quit for ~2 weeks till his next "session".

He does not seem to be on the Discord server.
He is.

EDIT: Sorry, forgot it doesn't add the searched SteamID (BENE!) search for STEAM_0:1:226050116 to view HIS bans.

Said that he usally plays on a deathrun server without listing any rules regarding Deathrun.

Is known in the server community and has a calm voice, highly lacks activity on the Forums doe.

.., Seem legit/reasonable to me.

Last edited:

Silky™

Mildly Menacing

The last post prior to this one was on october 5th, 8 of his 14 posts where on Intodructions, mostly he posted over 3-4 days and then quit for ~2 weeks till his next "session".

Said that he usally plays on a deathrun server without listing any rules regarding Deathrun.

Is known in the server community and has a calm voice, highly lacks activity on the Forums doe.

.., seem clean to me.

Hello, thank you. Yes, I am aware of the fact that I have posted an application before, I have had two minor bumps in my little road. But I see a long future ahead. I hope I can count on you to think about suggesting me for the position of Admin. I also do want to inform you that I do not commonly play deathrun. It is a rare thing. Just Jailbreak LA/NY/SG,

Kind Regards,
Joshua

Silky™

Mildly Menacing

.., seem clean to me.

Oops, forgot to say, thank you for saying I am clean. I think that is a good thing haha. Also, I am in the discord server, you can find me under - Silky #5859

Silky™

Mildly Menacing

He is.

.., Seem legit/reasonable to me.

Sorry, I am going to be a lot more active on the forums, trust me. Also, yes, the people know who I am, I join a game and people are happy, although, as a donor, I have less power and not tryna sound like a power whore, but honestly I need more power. I have vote delays. Anyway, back to the point. I would make a great admin. I am friendly and approachable :D

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
From your last app
You spammed 10 new apps (deleted since then by me and Winter) because you "changed" or something along those lines.

You need to figure yourself out, explain yourself and stop tagging @admins in the discord.

-Support

Ok, you have made it clear by listing Gaben and then applying again, thinking you would get a whole new application, that you do not respect the process or the community.
(The Rob quote is my opinion and doesn't represent what Rob may currently think of you. Apparently it does)

I think it takes more than 8 days to change.

-Support

Last edited:

Overkill

a byte
This is long, prepare yourselves. (Also FYI, other admins have responded while I was writing this)
If Yes, which ones?
Some old ones, some that never grew. Team Fortress 2 and CS:GO

You need to be specific. Which servers and their names. If we don't have proof than this means nothing. I know you stated which ones in your last application, but it's nice to have consistency, because this is your second app up, and they are supposed to be better than your last app, right? Also about your last app, could you explain why you didn't respond to any feedback we posted (Like why you didn't comment back on your last app)?

Why do you want to become an admin?
Well, I love having administrators in our game, however, they come like 4/10 times they are called. I am sorry to say but sometimes they are not always active. I would be an insanely active admin if I were to be an admin. I just want to do it to make blackwonder servers a safer and more comfortable place. In jailbreak, there are constantly freekillers, mass freekillers, mic-spammers, chat spammers hackers and straight up rude people. I also heard that a lot of !calladmin reports were declined or just couldn't be bothered. It is pretty sad. I know I have gone for admin before but this time is not a joke. I seriously love these jailbreak servers and I am constantly playing it. Like all the time. I feel I would make it a safer and cozier environment. Also, a lot of admins aren't always on when I am, that is another good, thing. I can handle calls when other admins are asleep.

I am personally offended on that rating you gave us. We as admins have lives of our own. Maybe some of us want to play a new game that was released. Or, like in my case, I switch between Overwatch and TF2 frequently, but will still try to answer calls. It's not like we don't want to keep the servers clean, it's that we are sometimes too occupied that we can't answer every single call, but we eventually will get to it, + Anytime someone asks for help in request help about a mfk or hacker, we will usually not respond but still answer because if the person who called us starts messing with the mfk'er or hacker, saying things like "Admin's gonna come get u boiiii.....", it alerts them and they leave.

Also, if you are having problems with admins not coming to a server since they are occupied or sleeping, you should learn how to record demos and make reports because its sad to say that you have 0 reports. Recording demos and having evidence is HUGE in the staff department. Its not like we go and ban people outright because some guy on #requesthelp starts spamming "@Admins HACKER NAMED OVERKILL ON 2FORT PLEASE BAN!". We need evidence to ban people, not bold statements. You may not like it, but making reports as a member is how you can help us do our job better. "You don't need powers to do the right thing." - Quoted from every superhero movie I can think of.

Also this:
upload_2017-10-14_11-9-42.jpeg
We usually suggest most of our applicants who are declined should take at least 2 months to prepare themselves (more activity, valid reports, etc.) before making another app, but you're obviously power hungry. (Based on the attitude from your last app and this:
I have less power and not tryna sound like a power whore, but honestly I need more power. I have vote delays. Anyway, back to the point. I would make a great admin. I am friendly and approachable :D
You seem entitled to an admin position because "you would make a great admin". The whole point of not trying to seem power hungry is to actually not be power hungry. I also have no clue who you are other than validating a report made against you and seeing you maybe one time in-game and in discord. Plus, Your forum activity is lacking.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Alex (Sorta)
Drax (Somewhat)
RainbowRob (Somewhat)
Hey Ya (Mostly)
Will5023 (Sorta)

What is "sorta" and "mostly" supposed to mean? The question is supposed to mean any admins you know in a "We talk a lot" kind of way. Not "sorta". Be more specific. Also @hey ya explained it best in your last app:
Regarding your ban appeal me and Sakuya were there and witnessed you doing it. Based on how you had been playing rounds for the last hour or so it was clear you weren't completely clear with the rules.

Also, why make this at the same time that your team ban appeal was declined? It just doesn't make sense.

Finally as others have said, known admin section should be those who you have played with, chatted with, of who the admin would consider you their friend. It doesn't help to list off admins you don't know.

Regarding your rules:
Being an idiot: Ask them to stop followed by, gag/mic ban, based on comm blocks.
Being a smartass: Ask them to stop being a smartass, failiure to do so will result in a 15 min gag/mute.

We encourage free speech as long as it's not disrespectful towards another player in a racist or obscene kind of way, or if it isn't spam. We don't mute or gag people saying things like "I don't know how to play this game" even though during the last round, they knew full well how to play it. They are clearly messing with the warden but that doesn't give you permission as an admin to mute or gag them for "being a smartass".

Baiting: Ask them to stop. If they refuse, then slay.

So, say it was a freeday and I was a red, and I was getting in a guards melee range, but the guard didn't really care or wasn't looking at me, would you unleash disciplinary action on me and slay me with your admin commands? The guard can simply turn around and kill me. As it is stated in the rules, if a guard is baiting, reds are entitled to kill them. You would only need to slay the guard if he was baiting and killed people who hit him.

[EDIT]: The above was meant for normal days. If it's a personal freeday and the freeday is constantly baiting and greifing (blocking and pressing buttons) than he is obviously slayable. Just be more specific, it helps.

What will you do to hackers, the most common rule of them all. Advertising hacks? Chat or Micspam? The only general rules you have aren't even general rules, they are rules you made up.

Overall, in my eyes and based on the evidence I've stated, you seem power hungry. You also do not understand some rules very well. You might feel like you deserve a second chance, but your attitude from the last application tells me you just want to "load and restart" disregarding anything from your last app,
- support
Everything said here should be acknowledged if you actually want a position on our team. Also as a disclaimer, I'm merely stating things based on the application. I am in no way trying to offend you, you seem like a good guy. But based on your last app when you lied about the admins you knew, you can understand my reluctance.

Regards,
Overkill

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
-Support

And I do not know you beyond your ridiculous behavior with your prior app. (Just trying to make a new one when people left your criticism, thinking we would ignore it ha ha.)

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
It has come to our attention you have been plagiarizing on your application. Clearly nothing has changed since last week. Declined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom