Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Drexils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Personal Information

Name
Drexils -> actual name: Jordy

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:25600239

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
I’ve been admin on Panda for I think 1-2 ish years, there I administrated the EU Jailbreak, EU Deathrun 1 and EU Deathrun 2 servers.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
Blackwonder | 2fort
Blackwonder | Deathrun #1

(Although I mostly play on #1)
Blackwonder | Deathrun #2
Blackwonder | Deathrun #3

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Well the only reason I can give for wanting to become an admin is the generic reason, I want to become an admin so I can rid the servers of rulebreakers and with that make the server a more enjoyable place for all the players.

This also comes with teaching the players what is right and wrong in the servers.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Viking34
Jim
(I could possibly name 1-2 more admins but Viking is the only one I'm comfortable with mentioning.)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
GMT +1
I will mostly be available every day from 1:00 PM -> 11:00 PM (hours might change since college can be a pain sometimes)

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

Chat punishments

Micspamming: I will give a clear warning through chat (seeing that they’ll more than likely won’t hear me through voice) and if the person in question continues I will apply a 1440 minute mute.

Foreign language over mic: I will warn the player in question and tell them that they can speak their language in the text chat if they want. If the player continues then I will apply a 60 minute mute.

Spamming the chat: I will give a warning through voice chat or chat and if the person in question continues to spam then I will apply a 60 minute gag

Toxic behavior/insulting/Disrespect: I will give the person a warning and an immediate gag/mute of 30 minutes. If the gag/mute ends and the person just continues then I will apply a 120 minute gag/mute.

Racism: In this case I will warn the player in question, if the player continues I will apply a 720-1440 minute gag/mute.

Advertising hacks: If I see someone advertising hacks (it doesn’t matter if it’s a joke or not) I will immediately perm comm block the person in question.

General punishments

Hacking: If a person hacks I will firstly make a demo, then the person in question will receive a permanent ban and I’ll attach the demo to it for evidence.

Exploiting: If there is a bug in a map (for example. You can go under the floor and kill people without being able to get harmed) then I will slay the person in question and if the person continues they will receive a kick with the message “No exploiting”. If the person rejoins and exploits again, then they will receive a 60 minute ban. (This also counts for exploits in the game itself)

Inappropriate sprays: With this I directly spray ban the person in question.

Inappropriate decals on certain weapons/cosmetics: I will ask the person to remove these cosmetics/weapons and if they refuse to do so then I will give them a 60 minute ban.

Gamemode specific punishments

Faking a freerun: With this I will instantly give the person in question a 60 minute ban.

Spawncamping: If I catch a person spawncamping I will slay the person in question, if the person continues to spawncamp after I’ve slain them, then I will kick them with the message “No spawncamping”. If the person would rejoin and continue, then I will apply a 60 minute ban.

My punishment times: 60>120>240>480>1440>2160>2880>20160>Perm

Note: I'm not really fond of JB these days mostly because of my admin period in Panda JB, so I don't really know if I should mention punishments that are jailbreak related. Tell me if they should also be added even if I'm not planning to play in JB.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I guess it’s important for me to share that I’m quite stubborn when it comes to certain things and that it might take a while for me to well accept the truth.

Also in the period that I was admin on Panda I had the problem where I would administrate a server almost the entire day. Which isn't that bad but it would speed up the process of me getting bored of tf2, so it might be that someone has to tell me to chill out and take a break once in a while.

Last edited:

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

If you're not planning to be a JB admin then you don't need to list punishments for it.

So far I like this, you seem like a good person and the app is pretty nice. I won't give support yet since I'm on my phone, but once I get home and get other admin opinions I'll give a proper rating (though I'm definitely leaning support depending on further developments) +Support based on reasons brought up by others

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

As long as you're still reasonable, you can accept that you can be wrong sometimes and that sometimes you have to adapt to others, stubbornness is fine.

Advertising hacks: If I see someone advertising hacks (it doesn’t matter if it’s a joke or not) I will immediately perm comm block the person in question.
Would you permanently silence someone (presumably someone young and silly) who thought the "get lunchbox" meme is still funny or would you just gag him for spamming?

Faking a freerun: With this I will instantly give the person in question a 60 minute ban.
I just want to clarify because I'm not sure how it works over at panda, a freerun is a freerun when death clearly says "free" or "freerun" or something else similar. "free for heavies" and "fraarun" should not be taken seriously.

My punishment times: 60>120>240>480>1440>2880>Perm
Could you extend the upper limit to two weeks? Obviously this is just a template, but you could start with a day for music spammers and with 60 minutes for someone who speaks french and won't stop.

Otherwise I'm optimistic, neutral for now.
+support

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
There are a few differences here. Such as racism typically receiving a more strict punishment. (usually starting at a day, depending on the admin) The same goes for exploiting. Personally, I usually warn and then ban for 1 day. It needs to be clear that our rules are different from Panda, in some places.

I finally sat down and figured out a bit of your history with other communities. I now feel comfortable saying I +Sooport

Last edited:

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

Would you permanently silence someone (presumably someone young and silly) who thought the "get lunchbox" meme is still funny or would you just gag him for spamming?
In that case I think it would be more reasonable to give that person a 1 day silence (for spamming), after the silence has been given the person in question (will probably) make a appeal for it. There I would explain why they shouldn't do these sort of things.

I just want to clarify because I'm not sure how it works over at panda, a freerun is a freerun when death clearly says "free" or "freerun" or something else similar. "free for heavies" and "fraarun" should not be taken seriously.
When someone says "Free" or "Freerun" then I will consider that as them giving a freerun, if they end up killing people or favoring I will apply the punishment that I stated in my application.

Also as far as I remember faking a freerun is allowed in Panda.

Could you extend the upper limit to two weeks? Obviously this is just a template, but you could start with a day for music spammers and with 60 minutes for someone who speaks french and won't stop.
Sure, I have no problem with extending them. In panda it was just a habbit for me to give everyone who broke certain chat rules the same sort of punishment.

There are a few differences here. Such as racism typically receiving a more strict punishment. (usually starting at a day, depending on the admin) The same goes for exploiting. Personally, I usually warn and then ban for 1 day. It needs to be clear that our rules are different from Panda, in some places.

Well I have no problem changing the punishments to something more fitting, I put racism together with insulting and such, as racism to me is just the same as insulting/disrespecting.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Other than the 2days->Perm which is too harsh, I think you are well qualified for admin. You have previous experience, are helpful to players on the forums and as far as I see you are usually a nice person aside from the occasional salt which almost everyone is prone to.

EDIT: Chat logs are clear too

+Support

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
From firsthand experience, Drexils is very disciplined with in-game commands and admin ethics. He is serious in professional settings while perhaps not-so-much elsewhere.
He can be biased, but as far as I know it hasn't significantly affected any punishment/appeal-related decisions in the past.
As an applicant who almost exclusively plays on deathrun and 2fort, he might stay a little passive in the majority of forum/discord discussions unless persuaded to join or relevant to his active servers.

I think he'll be pretty quick to point out what he considers flaws in our systems/rulesets, but in the conversations I've had with him and games we've played, he doesn't seem as stubborn as he makes himself out to be.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I dont know you but i trust the other admins judgement and believe going off what they've said you'd be good for the admin team +SUPPORT

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hello Jordy! I hope you are having an awesome weekend. I hope the sun was bright and the cows were mooing. Because I think cows are awesome and they are my favorite animal, aside from ducks, they are also neat.

Even though some of the admins were lazy and didn't wander over here to leave their input, you have a large amount of support among the staff. I am happy to be the first person to say. welcome to the admin team! We (@Viking34 ) will be in touch with a document to help you get started, and I encourage you to reach out to the admins who you currently do not know. I look forward to working with you and I believe you will be a great asset to the team.

D

Deleted member 2049

Congratz Drexils, I know you will make a great admin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom