Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Drax blw.tf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

Personal Information

Name
Drew R.

Your Age
[Removed after acception]

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:194302974

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
I was a head moderator on a very popular Garry's Mod server named |-ICE-| Community, but I was demoted when my computer broke and I did not have enough money to buy a new one.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
I am familiar with the basic ones (Slay, mute, gag, and ban) but I would need help learning more (the ones that are specific to jailbreak/team fortress in general).

On which servers do you usually play?
I play on all the servers periodically, but don't have much time in them, but I am on NY Jailbreak every single day.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I know my forum activity is not a lot, I'm on discord all day with my phone. I'm on jailbreak everyday. Blackwonder servers are now a big part of my day, and when something is a big part of my day, I want to be able to do whatever I can to improve it. I have been a donator for around two months now and I have had countless mutes, slays, gags, and kicks. I also have recorded sixteen videos that resulted in 17 bans. I have received many steam messages from people who want me to get on so I can record a mass freekiller and report them or mute someone who does not know any of the rules. I have also helped undercover admins do mic checks. I would love to do what ever I am capable of to help improve Blackwonder's forums, discord, and servers.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
I talk to Jim and Suicide everyday. I know most of the other admins, but have not gotten the chance to talk to them personally.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
August-May: 5:00-10:00 EST
June-July: All day

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Hacker: Once I have gathered enough evidence, instant perma-ban
Mic-Spammer: Warning, then mute for 120 minutes if still doing it, if they go through the trouble of making an appeal with a good argument, get rid of the mute.
Chat-Spammer: Warning, then gag for 120 minutes if still doing it, if incessant chat spam. If its only like saying the same thing 6 times then its only an hour gag. If they go through the trouble of making an appeal with a good argument, get rid of the gag.
Illegal FF: Instant slay if someone dies, if it was obviously purposeful illegal ff, then a guard ban for 60 minutes and asked to read the rules.
Mass-Freekiller: Instant ban for a week
Accidentally freekilling: Asked to slay themselves, if they refuse, slay them.
Mass freehitting: (Milk/Jarate a group of people) Asked to slay themselves, if they refuse, slay them, and also explain the reason they are getting slain.
On blue without a mic : Team ban for a day, if they make an appeal saying they fixed their mic, get rid of the team ban and test to see if that is the truth. If yes, then they can stay on blue, if no, then their day team ban resets.
AFK on blue: Ask if they are there, if yes, let it be, if no, team ban for thirty minutes.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I am a hard worker when I am motivated, and I am definitely motivated to help make Blackwonder even better than how it already is. I have made many great friends on Blackwonder (Suicide, Jimbo, and little ball of noodles) and I hope to be as friendly as they were to me, when I first joined this server, to all the new people that are to come.

Last edited:

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
I know my forum activity is not a lot, but I have had 29 posts in the last three days.
that can prove that you regurgitated posts so you can become an admin, which can mean you're power hungry
I would love to do what ever I am capable of to help improve Blackwonder's forums, discord, and servers.
I see this as the only answer to the question
fair application otherwise; going neutral here

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

that can prove that you regurgitated posts so you can become an admin, which can mean you're power hungry
I understand this, but you can look at each one of my posts and see the individuality and thought that went into them. Thanks for the reply.

Suicide

Suislide
Let's get into this:

Pros:
Knows rules
Tries to help with donator powers
Active on forums/discord
Fair Punishments (IMO)

Cons:
Not active on forums

Now I do not get this.
I was a head moderator on a very popular Garry's Mod server
If you say you were a head mod on a server, how wouldn't you know admin commands?

Since hlstats are being a cluck.
I will be staying with a
Neutral +Support

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
For the app itself, it's really well-written. I have a couple of problems, though.

1. "Instant" gag? "Instant" mute? Instant ramen? Granted the last one was a joke, you don't plan on handing out clear warnings? Right then.
2. You've given us two sentences about yourself. TWO.
3. You've been on the forums for like, less than a week. Granted I applied early myself, I didn't do so in a week (and it certainly doesn't make it okay).

I am leaning towards -support as of right now, but I'll edit this as new information and perspectives emerge. One last thing though, I quite liked your reason for applying.

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

Let's get into this:
Now I do not get this.
If you say you were a head mod on a server, how wouldn't you know admin commands?
The reason is because Garry's Mod DarkRP and TF2 Jailbreak are very different. I would imagine the commands would be as well. For example, there is no team ban on Garry's Mod. This is why I said that I know the basic commands that are similar for both games, but not the individual commands for jailbreak. I believe they could not be hard to learn however.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Guys, I like to be able to read things without highlighting them, so any chance we can maybe stop with the bright colours and use a colour which is more readable?

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

- You won't give a warning when someone is being a naughty boy or girl on chat or mic. You gotta give people a bit more of a chance but whatever.
- You're meant to list admins you know, not ones that've brushed past you and existed on the same server you were on. Really, you only know Jim and Suicide so there wasn't a reason to add any others but again, whatever.
Why do you want to become an admin?
I know my forum activity is not a lot, but I have had 29 posts in the last three days.
- To me, this is not the right way to go about using the forums. It's more like spam if you've coughed up 30 posts in 3 days honestly. It's not about how active you're going to be but instead how active you already are.

S'all I've got really. The only other thing that I'd want is for you to tell us the name of the Gmod community you moderated, but that's neither a positive nor negative thing. |-ICE-| Community is the Gmod community. Thank you.
I barely know you, therefore I cannot make a judgement on you as a person. I have seen you in-game a lot recently so you've got that going for you.

I think I'll go neutral. Leaning towards -support but if the Spanish Inquisition would like to make a surprise entry and enlighten us on your chat logs then I might edit my comment.

Last edited:

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
You still know some admin commands.

I have been both a Gmod admin and a TF2 admin, they are indeed different. The only real similar things are kick and ban (This was in like 2014, who knows how much it has changed)

As for Drax, based purely on how frequently you have been posting, I was able to guess you were going to apply for admin.

Most people post complete and utter garbage when doing this, but you seemed to have decent suggestions and input on various other threads.

I'm gonna go neutral due to the fact you just joined the forums, most likely just so you could become admin, and I have never seen you in game, so my opinion is generally uniformed and based purely on your forum activity.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Applied too early. You only know me and Suicide which isn't bad but we are basically the same in terms of what we do and when we're on. Try and talk to some of the commies from EU. I may be a little hypocritical since I spent like 95% of my blackwonder server time on jailbreak but even then I had and still have more time on the EU servers than the NA ones because I wanted to get to know more than the usual 40 or so regulars. Also get forum activity up, until then -Soopert +Sippoet pending you just talk to more commies and forum activity. Respond to a thread that isn't a report :p

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Several people have mentioned this, forum activity is not just a box that you have to tick. It's how you can be involved with the community. As you said by the way "I thought I was active on blackwonder until I discovered the world of forums". You can play on the servers for a month and not notice that the server you're playing on is called Blackwonder, I can guarantee that there are lots of people like that and there is nothing wrong with that until you try to become an admin.

If we don't see that you're invested into the community here on the forums as well as everywhere else, in theory you could be accepted and you could just play on some orange server and completely ignore everything that's going on. Or you know, this could be just an outburst of interest that lasts for about a month or two and then it's gone and we have an inactive admin on our hands.

I'm (We're all) glad that you like the servers and you want to help. It's just that being active doesn't just take posts, it takes a bit more time. Getting to know people takes a bit more time. Either this or you must be a Fish (Tuna, technically) with 50 gazillion unusuals.

Good luck! I'm neutral for now.

D

Deleted member 2049

I would love to see you admin, sadly i havent played with you enough to confirm what ive seen. So for now neutral until ive got a good idea what you are like

(Anyone know how to do neutral the correct way?)

Last edited by a moderator:

mr_minati

Truly Feared
I have played a lot of times with him, always find him on NY JB every night. From what I have seen I can say that he's pretty chill, I haven't seen him arguing or disrespecting players and also has helps a lot as a donator. I would like to see him in the admin team + Support

Console

Server Clearing
your not very active on the forums i haven't seen you on any servers but that might be because i don't play alot of tf2 anymore i have seen your active on discord,
i don't have much to say, but for now im neutral. so goodluck -support

Last edited:

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
and also, on your other admin application, i saw you comment "your opinion dont matter to me but ok", I seriously hope you have changed your attitude from your last admin application and can take matters into own hands without fucking things up.

I am going to give you BIG FAT FUCKING neutral.

doggo-of-truth-bids-you-good-luck-memes-com-13509567.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom