Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from DPM | Mannco.trade [YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Mildly Menacing
Personal Information

Name
Rick C137

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_1:1:156515826

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
Non

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
blackwonder.tf SG | JailBreak
Blackwonder.tf | Tower Defense

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
blackWonder.tf is my favourite the admin are kind, the reason why I want to be admin is because of freekilling in jailbreak mic spam and not willing to be warden when he or she was selected, there was not many admin in blackwonder.tf SG | Jailbreak most of them are not from Singapore so that is why I want to be admin so I can support the server and the website.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Benedevil(I don't know all of the staff when I try to submit it say "you did not put any staff member name")

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I'm availabe at 5:30 pm to 12:30 am SGT, If I'm still offlineat 5:30 pm that mean I'm still sleeping or away .

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
General Rules
Cheating:First demo record and join spectator team to see for more information if he is cheating, if he is 100% cheating I will permanent ban him from the server and send report with his Steam Id even the recording that I took.

Spammer:If he mic or chat spam I will give him three warning, if he refuse to to comply with me and continue spamming I will mute or gag him for 120 minute, when the 120 minuteis over and he continueto spam I will mute him for 2300 minute.

Simple RuleBreaker:If anyone who breaks the rule I will give them only one warning if they continue breaking rules I will ban them for 1 or 10 days, if they come back and do the same thing again I will demo record them and then permanent ban from that current server.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have no other information to tell
Admin are kind Hacker are noob Mic spammer have nothing to do Love Rick C137

Pkay

-------
Hello Rick, I am glad to see some Singaporeans apply to be a BlackWonder admin, I wish you good luck with your application and will here give my reasoning and then my opinion why I believe you should or should not become an admin.

Your application is far too superficial and seemingly rushed:

There are some points in your application that makes it seem that it was rather rushed without much thinking when doing it. (e.g.: two words linked in to one =lack of space);

The point above also shows a lack of a double checking/re-reading of the application before submitting it or editing it after submitting.

You answered the needed and nothing else, no creativity, no elaboration, nothing else but the strictly asked.

In the point "Why do you want to become an admin?" you gave the examples of "Freekilling, mic spam and people not willing to be warden" of these 3 you only mentioned how you would deal with one of them in "How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, sumple rulebreaker, etc...?", showing that what you said was forgotten after 3 points, or that the reason you gave was not as important you made it seem, thus making the reason for you wanting to become an admin even less trustworthy.

To further elaborate on the simplicity of your app I will here point some aspects forgotten to be mentioned in the point "How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, sumple rulebreaker, etc...?": Freekillers, mass freekillers, person without a mic on blue team, freeday abuse, team kill, illegal minigame, favouritism, bad mic on blue team, person without a clue how to be a warden on blue team, glitching, ghosting, etc... . Jailbreak has a plethora of rules that are specifically mentioned in the server rules but also there are some that are not mentioned but one has to also pay attention to them because they are simply common knowledge.

Your English also seem to be sub-par, at times nearing the point of being hard to understand:

You hardly (if at all) used plural when mentioning either admins or rule breakers or spammers, which I know for sure to exist more than 1 of either.

Some of your sentences lack punctuation, making reading your application much more tiring and needlessly complicated. (I myself I am great with punctuation but I would rather overuse commas, semicolon and full stops, than use none at all)

In your application you seem to lack vocabulary to clearly express yourself in all cases, which you try to make up by replacing the word you seek with a sentence/a word that near the one you were seeking.

Lastly on ""How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?" when dealing with a "simple" rule breaker you stepped up a lot on the severity of the punishment going from a simple warning to a 1-10 days ban and finally permanent ban; this in case you haven't noticed would mean that if someone freeday abused 3 times in your watch he would be permanently banned, the same would be true for ammo glitchers, people who force warden 4 times in a row, etc...

Something that I really enjoyed is that you capitalized every single instance of "I" (first person singular personal pronoun) and that your apostrophes are correctly placed.

Clear past:
Also from what I researched in this short amount of time you have a rather clear background in our servers or other servers, which is a great for you when applying for admin in any community that pays more attention to their applicant.​

Has been a member for a decent amount of time, but has low forum activity:

You joined the forums almost 4 months ago, I personally consider this to be a positive point that you get.

You sadly have only been active on our forums during the start of january, end of march and today. That isn't that good as you have little activity over the duration of 4 months meaning that you have not always been here or in our servers during your 4 months being member of blw.tf's forums.

This can be seen from the fact that you made a report on the same day you joined and another one when you came back at the end of march (I say came back because you made a report on a problem you had and clearly said you just came back to tf2), this shows that you know that you used to make apps when you find necessary when you are in the server.
You also have a fairly high report per post rate 1/6 of your posts are reports (this is great for you) sadly those 2 reports are without proof (which shows that you didn't learn from the first time)

To sum it up:

Admin app: Needs a lot more worth to be considered decent.

Forum activity: More activity is desired. Need to show that you can learn from your mistake by making reports with the correct format, thus also showing that you can get valid proofs when needed.

Background: Nothing negative could be found with a short search.​

I'm sad to inform you that I personally consider that you are unfit to become an admin right now, therefore I have to give you a - support. Don't worry as your future is not set in stone and this is just one of many votes and opinions that will be given regarding your app. Also I wish you good luck on your app!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Admin app: Needs a lot more worth to be considered decent.

Forum activity: More activity is desired. Need to show that you can learn from your mistake by making reports with the correct format, thus also showing that you can get valid proofs when needed.

There is no reason for me to be too colorful with my wording as Pkay summed it up nicely. I would only add the odd occurrence of you making multiple apps at the same time, and I question your ability to navigate an internet browser due to it. I do hope you have a nice rest of your weekend though. For now we must decline this app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom