Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Sufficiently Lethal

Delta

Member Name
Delta

Name
Rather not say my real name

Contact Information
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ripdeltahesgone/
Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:151501683

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Why do you want to become an admin?
I want to help the community, I see many rule breakers so I want to keep servers clean of toxicity when other staff members aren't available and generally try and improve the community as much as I can.I have muted and gagged several people and sometimes I am helpless to stop a mass freekiiller or an admin could not make it in time to punish them.I believe I would stand out from the rest as i would visit a wide variety of servers, take time to learn there rules and not limit myself to one gamemode.
Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Wanka
Will
Lucas
Jim
Suicide
ProvidedTimmy

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I am available 5pm till 12pm GMT as I'm still a student at high school but at weekends I am on the whole day, Times may differencate due to family issues or RL issues.

On what servers do you usually play on? Blackwonder NY, TX, LA and EU Jailbreak and sometimes Crits,x10 and Deathrun.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have ADHD and mild autism, I have had anger issues in the past so I may raise my voice at times ,Forum activity is lacking and I am fully aware of that.I have about 5 mutes/gags but that is in the past.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?
Mic Spammers: I would warn them first , if they keep spamming I would mute them For 30 minutes, If they keep spamming after those 30 minutes, I would extend the mute to 2 Hours depending on the situation.Earrape will be a 2-hour mute almost always.

Avoiding warden: Will be a 1-hour teamban depending if they have a mic or not.

Not having a mic on blue: I would team switch you, If you join back 3-hour team ban.

Griefing: Should a blue be pressing buttons without warden's permission ,this will result in a 2 hour guard ban.

Hackers: I would permanently ban them, no matter what.Would record them in action for thorough proof.
Free killers: If they just free killed someone for no reason, I would just slay them, if they are mass free killing I would ban them for 168 hours which is roughly a week, depends.

Chat spammers would be warned first if they ignore or keep being disrespectful, I will gag them for 1 hour, I will increase the punishment to 4 hours if they continue.

Armory Camp: Will result in a 3-hour team ban.

Advertising hacks: Permanent comm block, depends on the situation, I will not tolerate hackers at all.

Last edited:

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
I have about 5 mutes/gags but that is in the past.
they're going to kill you for that
I have ADHD and mild autism, I have had anger issues in the past so I may raise my voice at times ,Forum activity is lacking and I am fully aware of that, which is why I tried to hold off making an admin app.
why couldn't you have improved that and got that out of the way first?
other than that, it's a pretty good app with some grammatical errors, going neutral but leaning towards +support

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay, hi there Delta, so we should all know how I do these things now... so let's get started.

So right off the bat, you yourself said you have a generic reason for becoming admin. How is that going to make you stand out from anyone else? Expand on what you mean... don't just say that you could bring things to the table... WHAT CAN YOU BRING? SPECIFY!!! The next thing I think I should bring up, I haven't actually looked into it, however, you play on all of the BlackWonder servers? That is quite an impossible task to do... You usually play on 100+ servers in multiple different regions? That is highly unlikely? What servers do you USUALLY play on? Which ones do you play on a daily basis for a long period of time? Which ones do you rarely visit? Which ones do you just go on for a short period of time? I mean, we are looking for specifics, not just generalising everything.

Also, as you have ADHD and mild autism, how do you think this will affect you when administrating servers?

Another thing I want to bring up is your forum activity, which you already have in your application. Why are you giving me a con to put? Should you not be solving that issue before making your application? To me that just shouts that you are power hungry because you don't want to fix known issues...

Not going to do a pros and cons list this time, since I am sure quite a lot of you will do them with very little information and opinions in them, just to get your posts up.

Hopefully this was constructive to you Delta and hopefully you can answer my questions, improve your application and build upon the feedback.

Thanks, Ben.

Delta

Sufficiently Lethal

Delta

What i meant by play on all the blackwonder jailbreak servers is La, Tx ,Eu and NY Respectively, I will clarify that in the app, thank you for the feedback ben

I take medication for ADHD, ADHD may affect my attention span at times but thats not really an issue in video games more in school work or writing reports

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

You haven't sorted it out yet... you are currently telling me you play on NY, TX, LA and EU Jailbreak. Also by saying "sometimes" this isn't "usually", they mean something completely different. Also, please sort out the reason to become admin, thanks.

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Forum activity is lacking and I am fully aware of that, which is why I tried to hold off making an admin app.I have about 5 mutes/gags but that is in the past.
https://blackwonder.tf/threads/admin-application-from-delta.5052/

You're lying right to our faces, the faces that are part of a team you want to join. It'll be a -support from me just for that, I haven't looked in-depth into the app yet and I don't believe anyone's looked in your logs, so I'll edit this post later or make a new one if my opinion changes drastically.

Delta

Sufficiently Lethal

Delta

Thats a draft in my opinion so I dont really count that but what ever floats your boat

Delta

Sufficiently Lethal

Delta

Well, I apologize for that and Ill remove that from the app
Sorry to bother you.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay... I just can't. I am going to have to go with -Support. After I mentioned your reasoning behind wanting to become admin, you have basically removed the statement which stated you believed it was generic. Honestly, kind of pathetic.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You don't take it seriously enough.

Referring to your recently deleted discord message, as an example.

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I have about 5 mutes/gags but that is in the past.
I'm on my phone right now but last time I checked you had like 20. You also got muted THREE times by THREE different admins yesterday alone.
I may be being paranoid here but some of this still looks a little copied from other applications. Your griefing punishment sounds eerily familiar. -support until I look into it all more

D

Deleted member 2049

Don't let little things like the past stop you from applying. I still believe you have a good chance, even then from what ive seen you are popular among some players. +support

If it isnt accepted then theres always next time my dude.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

I'm gonna try my best to look at the positives first.
  • You wrote the whole admin app by yourself! Wow!! Congrats!!! Already a step up from your last one where you copied a chunk of Jim's punishments even though everyone that applies is supposed to write them by themselves. Do you want a fucking medal or something?
  • You're active on the servers and Discord.
That's about where the pros end for me. Now onto the cons.
  • Your last admin app was roughly 2 weeks ago and you've already made another one. This shows that you are impatient and that gives my the impression that you really really just want power on the servers, yet you still have the audacity to say you were "holding off making an application". So you're fibbing.
  • Forum activity per usual. You've made minimal effort to increase it since your last app so that's a big no-no.
  • Comm blocks. It's been mentioned already, but you have 22 comm blocks and 4 bans, one of which was for a mass freekill. I know you try to enforce rules as best you can right now, but if you're actively breaking them then you shouldn't have even a tad bit of power.
  • Your maturity is up and down, but mostly down. You tend to be rude to a lot of people. I've added a couple of your chat log screenshots to show that your behaviour is lacking much improvement. Take note that they're on the first 5 pages, so they're rather recent.

A very clear -support from me. Actually make an effort to improve on the criticisms given by me and other admins before you rush to make another admin application, if you ever do.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I really dont feel at this point in time you'd be good in an admin position, sorry. -SUPPORT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 11)

Top Bottom