Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell

Truly Feared
Personal Information

Name
Liz

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:60211078

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
I was a moderator on LazyPurple's Silly Servers and Comp Servers in 2015.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
Jailbreak (LA, NY, EU, UK, and TX)
Achievement / Idle

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
While I haven't been on BlackWonder servers or the forum for too long, I have really come to enjoy being on the servers and I love being here. Everyone I have come into contact with has been friendly and informative. The current admins do an amazing job, and I understand that it's tough sometimes. This is especially true for the Jailbreak servers.

It happens too often that I join the servers to find someone spamming the chat, or being downright rude to other players. Of course, for Jailbreak there is the freekilling and the microphone issues with BLU players. It isn't exactly possible to have an admin on those servers 24/7; everyone has their own lives and their own interests. It shouldn't be expected that every second of every day someone is there keeping the peace. I guess that would be the generic reason that everyone who applies for admin will put. Basically, one of the reasons I would like admin is to fill in some of those gaps that other admins can't be on.

I spend most of my free time on a BlackWonder server these days. Before I started to frequent the BlackWonder servers, I had been on a bit of a hiatus from Team Fortress 2 due to some life issues I was going through. Those problems have finally been resolved and I spend more time on the forums, in the servers, and communicating in the Discord server.

Being on BlackWonder has brought me a new group of friends and a new sense of joy I didn't think I would get back for a long time. I would love nothing better than to repay the servers that have helped me out so much, by dedicating my time to making the servers a better place.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
will5023
hey ya
Overkill
Wanka

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Any day of the week between 6am EST - 9pm EST. On my days off from work I can play any time of the day.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?

Punishments go in increments of 30 minutes / 1 day (1440 minutes) / 1 week (10080 minutes) / 1 month (40320 minutes) / Permanent

General Rules

Chat Spam / Mic spam - 30m gag or mute, if it occurs again when the gag or mute is lifted, it turns into a day, ect.

English Only / Mature Voice in Voice Chat / Player Disrespect - Start with a warning, if it continues 1 day mute/gag, ect.

Racism - 1 week gag/mute.

Inappropriate content - Spray gets spray banned. Objectors / Avatars / Names - Warn them and ask them to change what is needed. No response or no change soon, they are kicked. If they return with the same, 1 day ban.

Hacking / Aimbotting - While I usually will record a demo to avoid any wrongful ban, I will get evidence of the person who is under suspicion. Once I have a clear case, they will be permanently banned.

Advertising hacks - Permanent mute/gag.

!calladmin Abuse
- 1 day server ban.

Jailbreak

- General

Talking during a Mic Check / Talking over Warden - Mute 30 minutes, ect.

Armoury Camping - Warn the player. Slay if they do not attempt to leave. If it happens again, 1 day ban.

Ghosting - Mute / Gag 1 day.

Sticky Trapping - Warn the player. Have them remove the stickies if it is safe to do so without hurting other players. If they are unable to remove them without hurting other players (example: a blue demo places stickies outside of cell doors) or they do not attempt to remove them, slay them. If they kill someone with the stickies, they receive 1 day server ban.

Exploits - Warn player using / attempting to use an exploit. If they use their exploit or continue to try, 1 day server ban.

- Blue team

Bad mic - Warn player to fix their microphone. Continuing to use it while it is in poor condition results in 1 week mute.

Blue with no mic - Permanent team ban with warning, if they can prove they have a mic at any given time, the team ban will be revoked.

Freekilling - If player kills unintentionally / they thought the player was rebelling when they were not, slay them. If it happens again, team ban for 1 day.
Intentionally killing / mass freekilling - starts with 1 week ban and 2 week team ban.

Blue force-baiting - Warn them to stop, slay if it continues. If it continues after that, 1 day team ban.

Blues who leave warden without permission - Slay them with a warning, if it continues, 1 day team ban.

Team killing - Slay with warning, if it continues, team ban for 1 week, and server ban for 1 day.

Disguising spies - Warn them to undisguise, if they do not, slay. If they do it again, team ban for 1 day.

Griefing - Slay with warning, continued is 1 week team ban. If it is a RED, can be a 1 day ban.

Favoritism - Warn, continued favoritism results in 1 day teamban.

- Warden

Kill Orders when Warden - Slay immediately with warning, continued results in team ban and 1 week ban.

Illegal FF - Slay even if it was on accident (I would say if it was on longer than a few seconds. Some people toggle FF on accident when navigating the warden menu.) If it is toggled on intentionally and left on, slay with 1 day Team ban. Intentional illegal FF also includes illegal cell-wars and meatgrinder.

Tricky orders - Warn, another tricky order is a team ban for 1 day.

Unwilling to be warden - Teamban for 1 day then slay.

Warden hogging - Warn them, continued is team ban for 1 day.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
Due to my job, the times I am online may vary, as my schedule is not set into stone every week. I should still be online during the times I listed, but my days off are sometimes different. I actually work as a manager at McDonald's. I have been there for 4 years, and I have been a manager for 2 of those. I think my skills dealing with people and issues could help me with my job as admin.

I usually try to record a demo when I play Jailbreak each round when I suspect something will happen, in case of an issue.

I am currently in a romantic relationship with an active admin, will5023. I am not sure what effect this would have on my application, but I thought it would be a good idea to list this kind of information.

Edit 1: Edited the format / colors.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I'll post examples in a little bit.
You have a habit of commenting on things that are none of your business. And the comments appear to be just for the sake of saying them. These replies are as though you are already an admin, who is completely lacking patience. And it is just you inserting your opinion for the sake of getting a word in. I'm on my phone at the moment, but I'll post the examples soon. These are habits that a much younger person makes, who does not know what is and is not appropriate.

Filter for her name in #requesthelp. She is one of the people who fills it up with good intention, but often empty unproductive comments.

Still on my phone but she is one of those people who will post because they feel a need to correct someone. It's not letting me post a quote from my phone. It's yet reply on byrnables app. These are in addition to the ones you posted.

Neutral leaning negative

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171126-123742.png
    Screenshot_20171126-123742.png
    152 KB · Views: 375
  • Screenshot_20171126-124907.png
    Screenshot_20171126-124907.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 319
Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I have a few issues that I would like to point out before the majority reads this. Firstly, because of your relationship with @will5023 , there is a very high chance that you received help writing this application. We can't know for sure how much effort you put into this. You could've applied without Will knowing about it, or what is much more likely is that you talked about it and he answered a bunch of questions you had and gave a bunch of tips without you even asking. Clearly, these are his punishments and we can't know if you wrote the same things because you worked together on this or just because you play with him a lot.
By the way, this is still absurd: English Only: 1 day after warning.

Secondly, you gave away a bunch of stuff before applying (It would be nice to know who you gave stuff to). It's extremely shady to gift anything valuable to admins before applying. You don't just make yourself look shady, but all the admins who you gave items to and then support your application. Sure, we trust admins to be objective and if someone likes you, that person has to believe that you had no bad intentions and the gifts were purely out of kindness. It's still shady and it raises a bunch of questions that would be unnecessary to ask otherwise.

Lastly, your attitude is questionable (to put it lightly), definitely not of an admin's, in my opinion. Fun fact: You said the word "fuck" 40 times and it's not like you played everyday for the last month.
Dell01.png

Dell02.png

Dell03.png

Dell04.png

I'm sorry, but your chat is worth a -support to me on it's own, without considering how much of this application you wrote or what exactly your intention was with the gifts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom