Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dell

Truly Feared
Personal Information

Name
Liz

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:60211078

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
I was a moderator on LazyPurple's Silly Servers and Comp Servers in 2015.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
Jailbreak (LA, NY, EU, UK, and TX)
Achievement / Idle
Trade
Minecraft World

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
This server has become very dear to me. I'm usually on some kind of BlackWonder server whenever I get online. When I first started coming onto BlackWonder, I had recently gotten out of a bad situation in my life. I had no friends on steam by then and was looking for something fun to do. I had never played Jailbreak before, and I saw that these servers were usually filled. I joined and was met with kind people for the most part. The admins and the regulars were all nice and helped me learn how to play without much trouble. To be quite frank, these servers picked my life back up, not only through the fun I have had on them but through the people I met. They have changed my life. I have tried to help out the servers by doing things like reports and helping out new players get into the game, but I would like to help out more. I want to help improve the servers for the better; If I can help others have a good game, then I know I'd be doing my job well. I would love to repay these servers for all that they have done for me so far.

Often, I will join a Jailbreak server to find half of the blue team has no microphones or some kind of issue is going on. The only things I can do are record demos and call votes, that only do so much. What I mean is, while reports are good and catches the people breaking the rules, it isn't very fun while it's happening. Over the last month, I've been able to call admins to come help during these situations, but sometimes they are too late. I would like to be able to react on the spot to someone breaking the rules and do something about it. I don't like when the game goes to hell because someone doesn't care enough to read the rules or follow them. As cliche as it sounds, I just want the servers to be a better and more fun place for everyone.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
will5023
hey ya
Overkill
Wanka
PKay
Cinnamon
Noodle Ball
LucasX

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Any day of the week between 6am EST - 9pm EST at the moment. On my days off from work I can play any time of the day. Due to my type of job, my days off vary week to week.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Punishments go in increments of 30 minutes / 1 day (1440 minutes) / 1 week (10080 minutes) / 2 weeks (20160 minutes) / 1 month (40320 minutes) / Permanent

General

Chat Spam / Mic spam - 30m gag or mute, if it occurs again when the gag or mute is lifted, it turns into a day, ect.
English Only / Mature Voice in Voice Chat / Player Disrespect - Start with a warning, if it continues 1 day mute/gag, ect.
Racism - 1 week gag/mute.
Inappropriate content - Sprays get spraybanned. Objectors / Avatars / Names - Warn them and ask them to change what is needed. No response or no change soon, they are kicked. If they return with the same, 1 day ban.
Hacking / Aimbotting - While I usually will record a demo to avoid any wrongful ban, I will get evidence of the person who is under suspicion. Once I have a clear case, they will be permanently banned.
Advertising hacks - Permanent mute/gag.
!calladmin Abuse - 1 day server ban.

Jailbreak

General

Talking over during a Mic Check / Talking over Warden - Mute 30 minutes, ect.
Armoury Camping - Warn the player. Slay if they do not attempt to leave. If it happens again, 1 day ban.
Ghosting - Mute / Gag 1 day.
Sticky Trapping - Warn the player. Have them remove the stickies if it is safe to do so without hurting other players. If they are unable to remove them without hurting other players (example: a blue demo places stickies outside of cell doors or they do not attempt to remove them, slay them.) If they kill someone with the stickies, they recieve 1 day team ban.
Exploits - Warn player using / attempting to use an exploit. If they use their exploit or continue to try, 1 day server ban.

Blue team

Bad mic
- Warn player to fix their microphone. Continuing to use it while it is in poor condition results in 1 week mute.
Blue with no mic - Permanent team ban with warning, if they can prove they have a mic at any given time, the team ban will be revoked.
Freekilling - If player kills unintentionally / they thought the player was rebelling when they were not, slay them. If it happens again, team ban for 1 day.
Intentionally killing / mass freekilling - starts with 1 week ban and 2 week team ban.
Blue force-baiting - Warn them to stop, slay if it continues. If it continues after that, 1 day team ban.
Blues who leave warden without permission - Slay them with a warning, if it continues, 1 day team ban.
Team killing - Slay with warning (if unintentional), if it continues, team ban for 1 week, and server ban for 1 day.
Disguising spies - Warn them to undisguise, if they do not, slay. If they do it again, team ban for 1 day.
Griefing - Slay with warning, continued is 1 week team ban. If it is a RED, can be a 1 day ban.
Favoritism - Warn, continued favoritism results in 1 day teamban.

Warden

Kill Orders when Warden - Slay immediately with warning, Continued results in team ban and 1 week ban.
Illegal FF - Slay even if it was on accident (I would say if it was on longer than a few seconds. Some people toggle FF on accident when navigating the warden menu.) If it is toggled on intentionally and left on, slay with 1 day Team ban. Intentional illegal FF also includes illegal cellwars and meatgrinder.
Tricky orders - Warn, another tricky order is a team ban for 1 day.
Unwilling to be warden - Teamban for 1 day then slay.
Warden hogging - Warn them, continued is team ban for 1 day.

Trade Rules:

Scamming / Sharking - With sufficient evidence, the scammer will be perma-banned.
Begging - Warn the player, and if they continue to beg, gag/mute them for 1 day.
Advertising paid raffles/contests - Warn the player if they are advertising it in chat or over mic, if continued they get a day gag/mute. If they are caught advertising through their name or through trade offers, they will be banned for a day.
Random trade requests - Warn the player, if they continue to send random trade requests, they receive a kick. If they return and continue this, ban for 1 day.
Spamming Chat with advertisements / trade binds - Warn the player not to spam, if continued, gag for 30 minutes.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.

This will actually be my second application, you can view it here if you would like: https://blackwonder.tf/threads/admin-application-from-dell.9109/
Anyways, I had not responded to that one and privately messaged an admin to have it closed. I should probably address some of the issues that occured with my application at the time.

Firstly, Rob pointed out that I was posting and replying to things that did not require me to respond or having me respond was pointeless. While at first I wasn't sure what that meant, I came to realize that, yes, a few posts of mine were somewhat butting into something I had no buisness in. Since then, I have made sure to think before I post; not everything needs my opinon or help, especially since I was not an admin.

Second, my chat logs were quite horrible at the time. I used the F word almost constantly back then. I apologize for that. Since then, I have tried to cut back on the amount of swearing I do and watch what I say. That being said, I do tend to make some jokes and be silly in the chat, especially when friends are around. But overall, I have improved highly in my opinion since the last application. I've also started using my microphone more in game as well; although if there are multiple people talking or it's jailbreak that I am on, I will use the chat more. The only thing I think I do that could be considered bad is I type in all-caps sometimes, but that's usually because there's too many people talking on mic and someone is about to do something wrong. Caps seemed to be the only way to be able to get them to notice and actually respond or correct themselves. I'd rather get them to notice what the issue is before something bad happens and the round is messed up.

Thirdly, there was a hint of suspicion because, around that time, I had given a few admins some gifts before applying. While this doesn't bother me too much that people would probably get this idea, I should probably defend myself on this. For the years that I have been playing Team Fortress 2, I have always given gifts out, to randoms and to friends. I like to give people things because it makes them happy. Heck, my gifting badge has 700+ gifts given over the years. When I gave those gifts, I had not even thought about applying for admin yet. I was simply trying to be nice. Not only that, but I had also given some of my friends and a few regulars some gifts as well. It was December too; I especially like giving gifts around the holidays. Please do not think it was some sad attempt to try and win an admin spot. I don't want people to judge me because of the money I've spent on this game or any other aspect similar to that.

In 2015, I was a server moderator for the LazyPurple servers. It was only for a few months before I, unfortunately, had to resign due to real life issues butting in at the time. During that time, I realized that I had to put aside any personal feelings or emotions to keep from abusing my power. While this is probably a basic thing for an admin to understand, it's not so easy for most. This is how I have to be with my work as well. At the moment, I work as an overnight manager at the lovely McDonald's. Not the best job in the world, but it has taught me greatly to keep my feelings and emotions in check when faced with people or problems. As you can imagine, I deal with angry people and people who treat me as trash daily. I've had to master not letting my feelings interfere and lash out against people or retort against someone. I calmly explain any situation and lay out the options for them, and try to satisfy them. For an admin position, this would mean doing my job of keeping a server under control, and not letting someone push me to do something I would regret later. Being an admin is all about controlling yourself and keeping things under control.

My current work schedule is working from 10pm EST to 6am EST five nights a week. I try to sleep when I can, but when I'm not at work or sleeping I am usually on the forums, in the servers, or chatting in the discord. My schedule is unlikely to change, at least without a good amount of notice.

As far as I know, I have no comm-blocks or bans. I've studied the rules pretty hard and if I'm ever unsure about something, I have asked an admin for clarification, as the rules cannot cover every single possibility of what might happen. I'm also pretty sure I have no bans or blocks on any other communities either.

And, side note: I know Melectrome will ask this, so I do not have any alternate accounts on steam.

Edits:
Edit 1:Edited spelling errors and added colors and fonts :)
Edit 2: Added Trade rules and cleaned up formatting. (I had them typed up originally but only just noticed they were missing :oops:)
Edit 3: Added Noodle Ball and LucasX to known admins :p
Edit 4: Edited punishment increments ( Thank you hey ya) and edited trade rules (thank you Alex)!

Last edited:

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

i guess i'll break the ice for this app even though I don't like being the first one to respond

app itself is good though punishment scaling is pretty harsh (i would expect at least a few sub 1 days, a 2 day, and a 2 wk rather than a month), and from playing with you, you're a nice person who would be able to help out. initially i doubted accepting you because i thought you only played with admins, so there would be no point, but I've been informed i was just sleeping when you were playing and that you actually do play by yourself which shows to me that you'd actually improve the servers. so take my
+ and good luck!

also i'll be the first to say that i myself don't like colors on apps, though I might be alone in saying this

Last edited:

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hello, Dell. I should be asleep at this time, but I can't sleep so let's get into this.

Let me start off by saying that I've seen you here and there on trade stalking you acting maturely and not calling everyone a tryhard every second. I really like the amount of effort that was put into this application; it shows that you're taking this seriously. One thing that caught my eye was your punishment for advertising paid raffles/contests. If they're saying in chat/mic to pay 2$ to join an unusual giveaway, I would do a gag/mute/silence for a day instead of a ban. If they're sending trade offers to join their 2$ giveaway or they have it in their name, then it would be appropriate to ban them for a day. Besides that, your application is very well written and I will hope to see you on the admin team soon.

Good luck on your application!
+Support

Last edited:

Dell

Truly Feared
i guess i'll break the ice for this app even though I don't like being the first one to respond

app itself is good though punishment scaling is pretty harsh (i would expect at least a few sub 1 days, a 2 day, and a 2 wk rather than a month), and from playing with you, you're a nice person who would be able to help out. initially i doubted accepting you because i thought you only played with admins, so there would be no point, but I've been informed i was just sleeping when you were playing and that you actually do play by yourself which shows to me that you'd actually improve the servers. so take my
+ and good luck!

also i'll be the first to say that i myself don't like colors on apps, though I might be alone in saying this

Thanks hey ya :p
I get what you mean, I think I actually originally thought about putting 2weeks into the scaling; I think I thought that maybe the scale depended more on the rules being broken. I will actually add the 2week back in once I get back home.

Yeah I do play with admins sometimes, but the few I do play with aren't always on when I'm on. Half the time they are only on the server with me because I asked them to come help out with something.

Thanks for the + :love:!

Dell

Truly Feared
Hello, Dell. I should be asleep at this time, but I can't sleep so let's get into this.

Let me start off by saying that I've seen you here and there on trade stalking you acting maturely and not calling everyone a tryhard every second. I really like the amount of effort that was put into this application; it shows that you're taking this seriously. One thing that caught my eye was your punishment for advertising paid raffles/contests. If they're saying in chat/mic to pay 2$ to join an unusual giveaway, I would do a gag/mute/silence for a day instead of a ban. If they're sending trade offers to join there 2$ giveaway or they have it in their name, then it would be appropriate to ban them for a day. Besides that, your application is very well written and I will hope to see you on the admin team soon.

Good luck on your application!
+Support

Ha, don't worry about being up late, here I am at work and I'm still on here.

Trade is probably my second favorite server to play on besides the jailbreak servers. Sometimes is super competitive and others it's just a huge friendly server. The time I spent writing this thing is equivalent to writing an essay in high school. I kept jotting it out on actual paper then typed it up just to make sure I got my points across as best I could yet it still came out super long and detailed I'm sorry.

Also, I get what you mean about the paid raffles. Split it up by doing a gag/mute if they are advertising it and ban them if they are doing it through trade requests and through their name. I'll edit that in as well, thank you so much (y)

Thank you for the + Alex, it's also nice to actually meet you :D

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
While your application is good, you clearly know the rules, and you've spent a lot of time being active and integrating into the community, we've ultimately decided to decline your application due to prior events that we believe would be detrimental to the admin team.

Thanks for understanding.

Dell

Truly Feared
To be honest, I don't really understand. It's your choices and if whatever it is that I did was is going to affect the admin team to the point I cannot even be considered for more than a week and a half, then alright. Thank you, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom