Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copyright

Uncharitable
Personal Information

Name
Max Green

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:106568719

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
Jailbreak servers

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I am tired of calling admins whenever more than 1 person breaks the rules at the same time. I am also tired of micspamming at the end of the round, i am tired of people talking over warden, of people doing stuff like warday twice in a row despite me telling them they cant.
The main reasons why I want to become an admin are:
1) Unlike most, I don't find Jailbreak to be that cancerous. I admit that sometimes it is complete and utter hell when I join but people soon stop when the votemutes begin ( if a lot of people are overtalking then it becomes harder).
2) I have seen so many people dodging votes and I have had enough of it. In other words, I want them to take responsibility for their actions in the sense that they if they dodge a votemute or a votegag then their mute or gag will be bigger or longer than the 30 minutes that they would have received if they hadn't tried to dodge.
3) I am fed up with donors starting a vote after the last request was given but before the Red got to choose his Last Request. I am also fed up with donors who decide to voteslay or votemute for the wrong reasons or for no reason. I have seen and heard of it happening too many times.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Will, Ben, Suicide, Jim, Wanka, Humble/Pkay, Lucas and Viking.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 18.00. Wednesday from 14.00. Saturday and Sunday all day GMT+1

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
- Mass freekillers will be guardbanned or banned altogether without a warning.
- Hackers will be permabanned without a warning but after I am 100 percent sure that they are hacking. Same would apply to those using "bots" such as spin bots.
- Mass team killing will result a guard ban.
- Spawn killers will be banned after having been given a warning.
- Illegal friendly fire would result in a guard ban if the warden doesn't announce the intentions ( cell wars or hunger games).
- Pretending to be an admin will be punished by a ban.
- Mic spamming will result in a mute after a warning was given. Gags and mutes would be multiplied by 2 unless it is the first time the player spams.
- Mad milk, jarate and air-blasting will result in a slay after a warning has been given.
- Ammo glitching will result in a kick or a temporary ban depending whether or not the ammo was used, if it is the first time or an accident.
- Illegal cell wars would be a warning before ff is turned on then a slay if the warden continues by turning ff on after the warning.
- Warden hugging will result in a "fire" if the player goes warden and doesn't let somebody else go warden.
- AFK blues will be kicked if they have been afk for more than 1 round and if they don't answer my "calls".
- Nobody would be respawned unless I saw them getting freekilled.
- Mic checks would probably be announced the round before it happens. If a blue doesnt have a mic then they will be guardbanned for a small amount of time ( they might just have been afk but nobody knew). Players who join blue team after the mic check is done will be moved back to red until they use their mic.
- Guards and freedays who turn ff on in arena will be slain and ff will be turned off if warden doesn't do it.
- Calling out an admin will result in a silence of at least an hour if it is the first time and by mistake.
- Players who continue to be disrespectful after a warning will be gagged and/or muted depending on how serious it is and if the player has already been muted and/or gagged for the same reason or not.
- Blues with bad mics will be moved to Red until they have fixed the mic.
- If a Red does an Invalid lr, then I would make it known.
- If warden is locked but the last Red needs the lr then I would give the lr or force a blue to go warden and give him an lr
Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I know the rules of Jailbreak, I am listened to on Jailbreak ( most of the time), I cannot stand those who break rules, I strongly dislike inappropriate sprays, I am usually very orthodox about the rules. I wouldn't do anything if i am not sure about what happened. I am also cautious, if i don't see what happened, i would rather not do anything unless of course it is obvious what is happening ( mass freekill ). I express myself in a concise manner. Being a donor is more stressful than I anticipated, so I cannot begin to imagine what it is like as an admin.
Normally I am quiet and observant up until something happens and then I decide what should be done about it and then I act accordingly. Example of a typical Jailbreak scenario: If I see that a Blue kills 3 or 4 Reds and that the Reds who were killed were clearly obeying Warden's orders, then I start typing the command to voteslay the Blue. However, if I the Blue explains why he killed them and that they were killed for valid reason, then I would not voteslay him.
I know that the Jailbreak servers can quickly become chaotic within a matter of seconds which is why I am mostly on them. If needs be, I would gladly go onto the NY or the LA jailbreak server to sort something out. I know that several admins have more pressing things to do on other servers and I would gladly take care of the Jailbreak server. Naturally I would consult with other admins who are present on the server. One thing I don't do is to show my donor tag (because I know that some people don't break rules if donors are on )unless I am trying to make the warden understand that he will be punished if he does something he should not do.

Last edited:

Console

Server Clearing
-support rushed app, no infomation in 'How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?' and 'Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.' i'll add more later.

Last edited:

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
Name
TitanesqueToast blw.tf
admins will want your real name
you did not list times for some of your punishments and it could use a bit of expansion (like advertising cheats); you seem active and know a lot of admins; I'll go neutral until further notice
btw you always capitalize "I"

Last edited:

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
-support rushed app, no infomation in 'How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?' and 'Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.' i'll add more later.
admins will want your real name
looks rushed as hell and empty; -support
Doesn't look empty to me? Maybe because he edited it.

• Copy is a nice guy that wants to help as much as he can.
  • He speaks english very well and is understandable in-game.
  • He has used his donor powers as if he was an admin and has never abused them as far as I know.
  • You could expand on the punishment section as it looks indeed rushed. Explain more in detail. (use paragraphs as it looks prettier)
  • I do confirm that I know him and that he knows me :)
I will edit this if I come up with new info about Copy.

+support from me as I think he deserves a chance to become an admin, he is more online than most current admins (on the servers, on the forums he is kinda dead) AND he is very responsible as far as I have seen.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I see no reason why copy should not be an admin, He is regularly active in servers and often needs to call one of us to come assist him when it gets beyond the point of donor power, i believe he would not abuse and would carry out the admin duty maturely and carefully, yes the App isn't the neatest but neither was mine and i do think Copyright would be a very good addition to our admin team +SUPPORT unless anything bad comes up obviously

JoeLife26

Scarcely Lethal
Let's Get Into This..

Pros:
Active In Servers
Application is Organized
Application is detailed
Clear out Punishments
Active In Forums
A Donor
Knows a great amount of the admins here
Available for most of the week
Knows most of the JB rules
Has helped dealing with rulebreakers

Neutral:
Has no admin experience
Doesn't know any admin commands
Only Plays On JB servers

Cons:
Application is disorganized
Application is short
Punishments are too brief not enough details

I wouldn't do anything if i am not sure about what happened
This is questioning me a little bit. I think if you were an admin and you didn't know what happened maybe you should investigate the situation depending if it is a major situation or minor situation.
Let's make an example: Someone use's !calladmin and you go to the server to see what is wrong. Obviously, you don't know what went down so using your statement not doing anything if you didn't know what happened is not a good thing to do as an admin IMO.Your job in that situation would see what the problem was and investigate ask if anyone has any proof of what rule was broken or if they don't make a poll to see if the "rulebreaker" is guilty (aka witnesses)... (but then again I might be wrong about this depends on what the admins think of this)

You have done a lot since I was gone I like how you changed up the app I don't see anything really wrong with it everything looks good...
I'm neutral leaning towards -support +support

Last edited:

George

Notably Dangerous
The application itself is fine, looks a bit messy though. It's also quite short and riddled with slight grammatical mistakes. Not as bad as some I've seen, but still somewhat bad for an admin application.

spawn killers will be banned, Micspammers will be muted. I would multiply their mute/gag by 2. Teamkilling will be a guard ban. Mad milk, jarate and airblasting will result in a slay. Ammo glitching will result in a kick or a temporary ban depending whether or not the ammo was used, if it is the first time or an accicdent.

No warning or anything? Please go into detail. Some headings with bright colours that stand out might also help organise this section, as in its current state, it looks very messy and disorganised.

Tell me, what would you do if you accidentaly banned a supposed 'hacker' when in reality, they weren't hacking?

With all that said, I'm going to go as a neutral.

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Hello there Copyright! It's been a while since we have spoken, so I hope everything is going good for you!

So first of all let's talk about you. You're a great guy, very calm in most situations and seem to be level-headed when you make decisions. You seem to be fairly respected from what I remember on Jailbreak, which could be beneficial when having influence other people who break the rules, when it comes to punishing them.

Your application itself is weaker compared to your previously made one, which has been stated above, so maybe bulk up your punishments section, give a detailed reason why you want to become admin, it's the same generic stuff everytime. Maybe add something different to it... Why do you feel as it will benefit the community with you becoming admin? What will this do for you? Something different please! I am just reading the same thing over and over again, same with people reading my responses, I must put the same thing in everyones application.

Also, your activity on the forums is lacking, maybe post some more suggestions on how to improve Jailbreak? Say "hi" on some introductions, just be a part of the community instead of just joining it.

So if you could do a bit of work on your application, just providing us with some more information about yourself, why you want to become admin, and information on the punishments, with a little more detail, that would be great. For now, until the improvements have been made, I shall remain Neutral on your application, however, I would easily move to +Support if the changes were made.

Also @Grizzly is no longer admin, may his soul rest in peace.

WOULD YA LOOK AT THAT! READABLE TEXT ON THIS POST!

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Knows me, we talk almost daily on discord and he always follows the rules and enforces them to the ends that donor powers allow. Would be a good admin as far as server management and being known/respected in game goes. Application is a different story though.
As Kat and Ben pointed out this application is substantionally poor compared to your last one. You seem to have rushed through with an "I was this close last time, I should be able to make it this time" kind of notion which is very damaging. You should have at the very least fixed the cons from your last application and made this one on par with it as well. Being a reapplicant gives you the huge advantage of already knowing what your cons would have been going into this.
Until you show you can reflect and change on your past -Support

Also forum activity

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
Knows me, we talk almost daily on discord and he always follows the rules and enforces them to the ends that donor powers allow. Would be a good admin as far as server management and being known/respected in game goes. Application is a different story though.
As Kat and Ben pointed out this application is substantionally poor compared to your last one. You seem to have rushed through with an "I was this close last time, I should be able to make it this time" kind of notion which is very damaging. You should have at the very least fixed the cons from your last application and made this one on par with it as well. Being a reapplicant gives you the huge advantage of already knowing what your cons would have been going into this.
Until you show you can reflect and change on your past -Support

Also forum activity
He told me that he posted it before he was done. That could be the case and that is really annoying. I am just going to wait until tomorrow and see if he changed anything to see if he put effort into it.

TriiX

Unremarkable

TriiX

had lots of experience with this guy, hes nice, polite and mature enough to become admin. Plus he seems intelligent enough to learn the commands quickly since he never had any experience as admin before :). Would love to see him i nthe admin team!

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Here's my response on the previous application:
I am literally three seconds from falling asleep, but I'll do a very quick post

As a player, Copyright/knight/fright is a genuinely friendly person. He gives me a pretty good impression in-game, and often tries to help with clearing up people's misinterpretation of certain rules, while still avoiding unsolicited advice. This is a somewhat rare trait. He also hasn't broken any rules that I'm aware of or can remember, which is a big plus.

May not be completely familiar with forum etiquette, which isn't great when you have to use the forums to apply. Seems a bit impatient with all these bumps. To speak directly to you, I think reading some (more?) other applications first and seeing how they went down could have vastly improved your chances with your own. Then again, even those are stuffed with "I give [+-]support because player is [derogatory or complementary adjective] yes that is all bye."

His greatest redeeming factor is being a stellar player. I wish more people were like him in-game. Unfortunately, he does seem really uninvolved in everything else outside of that, and may be just a tad bit too passive.

I didn't cover too much in that post, but most of what I did cover still stays true.

However, although few changes have been made to the negative parts, he's still the excellent player he was back then. I'm not given the impressions of someone posting just to improve chances on their app or wearing a façade. He's polite, experienced and honest.

What doesn't go in his favour is the fact that his application is objectively worse than the previous one, which is a bit irritating since he had such a good basis to improve this new one on. In addition, he's not visiting an array of servers, though that's counteracted somewhat by jailbreak's constant need of supervision.

Still, even without forum activity (which is hard to get in the first place when all the recent threads are fairly crap), I think he could keep a very good eye on jailbreak, and make well-founded arguments in our jailbreak discussion channels, which by the way is *essentially* required, since it makes sure all the admins agree on edge-cases and the odd intricacies of jailbreak.

Darthie 2.0 (:

Spectacularly Lethal
Meh, never met you, probably never will, but application looks good because of all the bright colours. I like red the most because it's the main colour of the team I support. I like you man, +Support.

(Kill me later, also I selected this colour randomly).

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Being a donor is more stressful than I anticipated, so I cannot begin to imagine what it is like as an admin.

Would you mind elaborating on this? If you're stressed as a donor, you should know that users expect much more of you as an admin. And they expect it promptly, once even a single person recognizes you're there.

I am also fed up with donors who decide to voteslay or votemute for the wrong reasons or for no reason. I have seen that happen too many times.

We would love reports on these.

Certain punishments are odd:
Mass team killing will result a guard ban

And I am not necessarily pleased with this attitude.
I want to "teach" them to take responsibility for their actions.

And the organization of your application is seems rushed to me. And I intentionally waited to see if the formatting would be cleaned up. ~neutral

Last edited:

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
Copy is a nice, respectfull and chill person. Im honestly surpirsed he hasnt applied and been accepted WAY earlier than this. But hey, thats not up to me. He has spectacular knowledge for the rules, not only jailbreak, but in general. He is respected by a large variety of players and he takes responsiblillity for his actions. He is very helpful and is good at enforcing the rules. His donor powers comes in very helpful in a large selection of scenarios, though his donorpowers limits him to enforce them completely. I would love to see him on the admin team!
+Support

Copyright

Uncharitable
Would you mind elaborating on this? Is you're stressed as a donor, you works m should know that users expect much more is you as an admin. And they expect it promptly, one even a single person recognizes you're there.
I don't mean that I am stressed by being a donor. What i mean is that it is more stressful than I thought. If what is happening is obvious then I would act immediately.

Copyright

Uncharitable
We would love reports on these.
I would love to make a report but there are 2 issues concerning it:
1) The concerned donor(s) are rarely on when I am and usualy they disconnect when I join.
2) My mediafire doesnt work so making these reports is a tad bit harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom