Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from Cinnamon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin
I assume that pushing a bind twice in a row AND between long intervals of time doesn't count as spam unless its flooding the chat in a short time frame. And in my opinion, flooding the chat is more than five times in a row.

Top 3 urban dictionary definitions for spam (I know Urban Dictionary is not a serious place, but they are pretty spot-on when it comes to internet related stuff and slang):

What about a person that has a bind (doesn't have to be long or all in caps), and only uses it once per chat cycle or even once every 3 minutes, wouldn't you consider that spam even though it's pretty annoying to see that text message every few minutes? What about a lenny bind only pressed twice / chat cycle? This is why limiting yourself to exactly five binds pressed is a problem. Determining spam with the number of times a bind has been pressed is just not very good.

I checked again and I see that you don't use the lenny all the time, the reason I haven't noticed that is that your chat looks really bad from a distance.
cinnamon2.png

cinnamon3.png

Last edited:

Cinnamon

roll
Top 3 urban dictionary definitions for spam (I know Urban Dictionary is not a serious place, but they are pretty spot-on when it comes to internet related stuff and slang):

What about a person that has a bind (doesn't have to be long or all in caps), and only uses it once per chat cycle or even once every 3 minutes, wouldn't you consider that spam even though it's pretty annoying to see that text message every few minutes? What about a lenny bind only pressed twice / chat cycle? This is why limiting yourself to exactly five binds pressed is a problem. Determining spam with the number of times a bind has been pressed is just not very good.

I checked again and I see that you don't use the lenny all the time, the reason I haven't noticed that is that your chat looks really bad from a distance.
cinnamon2.png

cinnamon3.png
I see where you are coming from, Buster. I do want to say that, through my eyes, someone saying one bind every 3 minutes isn't that bad. Once or twice per chat cycle, on the other hand, would be considered spam in my opinion, since a cycle last 10 seconds (More or less). Therefore, the spammer would be posting the same exact thing 6 times in 1 minute (6 binds x 10 seconds each = 60). But enough with all these calculations. I acknowledge I made a poor judgement when determining the conditions for the punishment. Thank you for bringing this to my attention, once again. Have a fine rest of the day!

P.S: That's a lot of of nothing but lennies. Probably because I use my mic for talking and chat for "reacting". Sorry for the inconvenience :coffee:

So far I have nothing negative to say about you or recall anything that could influence my opinion negatively, thus I will +support you.

Good luck on your application and stay safe,
Pkay, the name-shifter.
Thank you, Pkay! Your support is appreciated!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
@Cinnamon This will be a surprise to no one. As you have more support than any other applicant I have seen. I am happy to say "welcome to the admin team". We strongly look forward to you helping out with the servers!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom