Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from byrnable

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrnable

Uncharitable
Personal Information

Name
Joshua

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:21824840
Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
N/A

Are you familiar with admin commands?
No

On which servers do you usually play?
Top is Most Played, Bottom is Least Played.
LA Jailbreak: 172.96.160.74:27095
NY Jailbreak: 45.58.116.106:27060
TX Jailbreak: 66.150.214.100:27060
EU Jailbreak: 176.57.142.90:27050

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
To help the servers be a better place to play, To get rid of issues with people breaking rules, and to just help out my communities. Also to help be there when there aren't any Admins to help at the moment.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Drax
RainbowRobb
hey ya
Sakuya
Melectrome
Wanka
will5023
Jim
2010wolf
Overkill
Alex (Wanted to be put here because I forgot lol)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
I usually play around 3:00 PM- 9:00 PM (PST) on the Weekdays, and on the Weekends I usually come on around 11 AM- 3AM (PST)

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Micspam/Chatspam: Warn, Mute/Gag for 1 hour, 3 hours, 6 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, Permanent Mute/ Gag

Hacker: Record Demo and steamID then Perma Ban

Player/Admin Diss: Warn, Mute/Gag for 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, Perma

Freekill: Record demo of Freekiller and acquire steamID, Ask Freekiller to Slay themselves if not then 1+ hour teamban, then respawn freekilled reds.

Mass Freekill: Record Demo and steamID, Ban for 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, Permaban, Restart Round afterwards.

Team Kill: 30 minutes teamban, 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 1 day, 1 week, Perma Teamban

Armory Camping: Ask them to leave the Armory, if they refuse, Slay then teamban for 30 minutes.

Ghosting: Warn them the first time, if they continue then mute/gag for 1 hour.

Delaying the Round: Ask to slay themselves or Rebel to Stop delaying, if not, Slay.

Freeday Abuse: Ask them to stop (Depending on the abuse ex: Blocking blus) then slay if refused.

Greifing: Slay, if continued then teambanned for 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, Ban for 30 minutes (If its a Red it goes Kick then this), Ban for 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, Perma Ban.

Sticky Traps: Ask to remove stickys, if refused, Slay then teamban for 30 minutes, if it killed any reds then teamban for 2 hours and respawn reds that were killed.

Talking over Miccheck: Warn to stop, Mute until Miccheck is over, If talks over again, Mute for 30 minutes.

Breaking breakables as blu: Ask to slay themselves, If refused, slay, If it keeps going, teamban for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month, Perma Teamban.

Illegal FF: Turn off FF then slay whoever turned it on (Ex: Arena button or Warden) Teamban for 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, Perma Teamban, Respawn any reds that died due to the FF.

Latespawning: Ask to slay themselves, if refused then Slay.

Warden Dodging: Ask to slay themselves, if refused then Slay and teamban for 1 hour, 2 hours, 6 hours, 1 day.

Hiding in a Inaccessible area for reds: Ask to slay themselves, if refused then Slay + Teamban for 30 minutes.

No Mic on Blu: Perma Teamban until proven to have a microphone.
Not being with Warden: Ask them to go back to the Warden, If refused, Slay.

Contradicting Orders: Respawn Reds that died due to the order, Slay warden.

Illegal Minigames: (Ex: Shoot or Don't Shoot) Tell them to not continue with the minigame, if refused, slay and teamban for 30 minutes, respawn reds that were affected.

Ammo Glitching : Ask to rejoin the server, if refused, Kick.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I will usually get off at 9PM, but in March I will be able to be up for a longer time to help out with the server. I can't be on for to long as my dad is in College and needs this computer for College, So he limits my time on here, but he will be done in March so I can help out even more after that.

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I'll get your ball rolling boy :) - your app is decent in length and covers a wide variety of jb punishments and things. i think your punishments start off a little too lenient however but that's something that you'd figure out in time if you became an admin.

your chat logs from what i can see are clean and you act maturely in servers too. dont pay any attention to the people giving you bad ratings on the app those three are never going to become admin and are likely just salty about it.

no bans and the only "real commblock" you have is for overtalk months ago, mine that i did look like it was incorrect so wont affect you.

for now i'm actually happy to give you a +SUPPORT depending on anything else that comes up in the rest of your application time :p

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Like will said most people don't keep the punishments from their apps for too long, but it's nice to know how your punishment philosophy is.

So for your app, it's pretty nice overall and you have a good grasp of the rules.

After playing with you for a few weeks, I can say that I think you would be a good admin, though I think you need to work a bit on your personality. You should make sure to know when someone is joking because a lot of people like to poke fun at admins when they're on jb, and I wouldn't want them to lose that.

+support for now

Sakuya

Trickster
Hello Byrnable I hope you're doing great today.
First off your app is decent It gives us a good idea on how well you understand the rules and based off of me playing with you, you do grasp the rules very well.
Your forum activity definitely is lacking but that can change easily.
In-game you do understand how the rules work and you do enforce them at times when needed. You are a fun/goofy person to hang around with even before I became admin so I believe you can get along well with the other admins.
I have full confidence in your skill and believe you will make a good admin. I am giving you a full +SUPPORT.
Good luck on your application Byrnable!
Sak out!

Overkill

a byte
Your steamID32 is STEAM_0:0:21824840 (its the one that was asked for, just as an FYI. You will also be using that SteamID32 in most cases because Sourcebans only responds to that type of ID).

Pretty generic and simple reasoning to the "Why do you want to become an admin?" question, but It's nice you went straight to the point instead of jumping around the question.

Not much bothers me about your app. You are also very respectful and you like helping the community in my opinion and in my experience with you. Forum activity is lacking too but that isn't a con, it just looks nicer to be active on the forums.

I will usually get off at 9PM, but in March I will be able to be up for a longer time to help out with the server. I can't be on for to long as my dad is in College and needs this computer for College, So he limits my time on here, but he will be done in March so I can help out even more after that.
It would suck if you were admining at one point and your dad walked in telling you to hop off, hopefully this doesn't become a problem. Also, it would be beneficial to let your dad know that you will be spending more time on the computer to help out and all, so try to work something out I guess.

Overall, It's a great app and has detailed punishments. I'll stamp my +support as long as nothing that can put you in a negative spotlight pops up in the near future. Good luck!

Regards,
Overkill

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
-Meh

I've been doing more tonks recently so I haven't seen you much in-game these last few weeks.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
You seem to have difficulty with simple instructions, given the SteamID you chose to use on your app.
Also, from a practical perspective, you have had numerous reports marked invalid due to you having difficulty recording demos. And these are vital.
Your activity was also poor until you decided to apply [see the thread you posted, asking if you should apply].

Overall, I am usually against supporting applicants who simply do things to meet requirements. Here, you have managed to not correct something as simple as your SteamId. While the other admins are usually available to help with even simple requests, there is a certain expectation that admins will be able to handle things requiring simple problem solving. Such as reading the instructions on how to fill out an application... which is readily available to all applicants. So I am going to say that I am Neutral but leaning toward -negative support.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
@byrnable sent me a PM confused about my response, so allow me to clarify.

40% of your posts were marked invalid.

Additionally, you joined Blw.tf in August, yet 40% of your posts happened since you applied.

You were apologetic (though no apology needed to be directed to me, or anyone else), but you still appeared to miss the point of my criticism.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

Still haven't changed the steamid on your app to the proper one (which is strange considering you put the correct one on all your reports), plus I'm concerned with the reports you put up that were shortly prior to and during your app being up.

Buster please don't spank me for not using spoilers

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-on-legitwaffles.9063/
Not enough evidence, you yourself should understand that as an admin, you can't do anything in this scenario considering there isn't enough proof.

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-against-anal.9076/
Shouldn't he have made the report then?

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-against-andythefuckingdrawingmachine.8862/#post-41901
Initially didn't have steamid, then put the wrong one, then it was invalid (this is more demo's fault that yours but still should check first)

https://blackwonder.tf/threads/report-on-spoopymcspooky.8943/#post-41886
No tick numbers

Normally this wouldn't really be a problem if you were improving over reports, and not to say you weren't, but having these sort of mistakes during an app is kinda questionable.

This isn't the only reason, but gonna go ahead and change to Neutral

Good luck nontheless!

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi byrnable, I hope you are having a nice start to your week. I regret to inform you that your application for admin has been declined, after much consideration. The most recent reasons are as follows. and as @hey ya stated, it took almost 2 weeks to even edit your application to supply the correct steamid. Additionally, you elected to contact admins directly instead of publicly addressing their concerns. Due to you lacking a firm grasp on the basics, including what evidence is required for a report, we must decline you. We do hope you continue to contribute to the community and enjoy blackwonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom