Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Asger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asger

Strange

asger

Personal Information

Name
Asger

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:162036640

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
I have been an admin on Vamist's servers in Team Fortress 2.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
I mainly only play 2Fort.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
First of all, because I love the community, and wish to contribute to it as much as I can. Second of all, I love the feeling of having a responsibility and making everyone enjoy playing the servers as much as I do. I have been an admin before, so I know what to do and what not to do.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Buster is the only one that I've talked to, but I know a lot of the other admins.

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
All mondays 6PM to 7PM I cannot play, aswell as wednesdays 5:15PM to 6:15PM. I can usually play all weekdays after 5PM. Weekends vary a lot. (I play CEST)

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Hacker/Cheater: I would need a demo/video if I were not on the server that the hacker was in. If the person is a hacker, he/she would be permabanned.
Advertiser/Spammer: I would need a screenshot of the chat, (or an audio file, if it was in voice chat.). First a warning, and if continued, three days chat- and voice chat mute. The second time will be a week-long mute. Third time will be a permanent mute.
Offensive language: Same with Advertiser, a warning, then 2 days mute, and so on.
Inappropriate content: Explain the rule to the rulebreaker, and ask him/her to get rid of the inappropriate content. If continued, a 2 days-long ban, and so on.
Exploiting: Slay the exploiter and tell him/her to stop doing what they're doing. If continued, a 1-day long ban, and so on.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I only play 2Fort, and I am not very good at trade rules (except for scamming, of course). I do not get upset very often, unless someone throws very harsh insults at me, or straight up bullies me. I am very good at getting along with people.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Almost all your threads are spammyesque polls about favorite items and what not. You haven't actually contributed any reports or useful content to the community. The first thread you made was asking about applying for admin which is a big no no. I don't actually recall us talking, so unless you were under a different name that I know (and you confirmed with me) please remove me from the known admin list. However the rest of the application, although short, seems concise and your punishments (except hacking where you always have to record as a side note) are way too harsh even for me. A day block is the longest you should ever do on a first time and even then it has to be something severe; one to six hours should suffice for a first time offender.

-Support

Asger

Strange

asger

Almost all your threads are spammyesque polls about favorite items and what not. You haven't actually contributed any reports or useful content to the community. The first thread you made was asking about applying for admin which is a big no no. I don't actually recall us talking, so unless you were under a different name that I know (and you confirmed with me) please remove me from the known admin list. However the rest of the application, although short, seems concise and your punishments (except hacking where you always have to record as a side note) are way too harsh even for me. A day block is the longest you should ever do on a first time and even then it has to be something severe; one to six hours should suffice for a first time offender.

-Support
Now that you've said it, I see that they're very harsh. Of course, if they are a bit too far, I will not use them. Thanks for letting me know.

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

You just popped up, and like Jim said most of your forum activity isn't noteworthy at all and is definitely borderline spam. I know timezones can be troubling, but do you even use the discord? I've never seen you before, and the fact that you made a post asking about apps is once again like Jim said a big turn off for me.
EDIT: Infact, Buster actually recommended you not rush into the app, and that you should get to be known in the community more.
EDIT2: For your 'offensive language' punishment do you mean racism/sexism/homophobia? Just regular cursing is fine, not like saying fuck is against the rules, that should be specified to make it more clear. seems dumb to say now that I think about it
EDIT3: Hasn't had any forum activity in over a week now.

On the bright side, a 2fort admin would be appreciated by all the frequent 2forters like Honey. Your timezones are good and I like the previous experience.

This doesn't change the fact that most of us don't know who you are. I'd recommend waiting a while and getting more in with the community. Neutral leaning -support.

Last edited:

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

I just want to reiterate what hey ya and Jim have both said. First, even after making your punishments less harsh, they are still a bit too harsh. Try looking at previous accepted admins punishments and base yours off of theirs. Second, you aren't on the discord and your activity on forums is still really low. You should have taken Buster's advice:
You don't need to hurry either, get yourself a little familiar before you take your shot, good luck c: Check out our discord as well.
If I were you, even if your application doesn't get accepted, I wouldn't give up on becoming an admin. Try to get forum and discord activity up and make good posts on forums, not just post in off-topic. The only reason we would need an admin that only plays 2fort would be for all the mic-spamming and hacking that goes on there, and so you should make reports about any mic-spammers or hackers you see to boost credibility and forum activity. As of right now, I'm giving you a -support, but I'd be more than willing to change it if you fix the things that I have brought up above.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Howdy Asger!

There are some things that are a little confusing that other admins mentioned above. When you need proof for certain things, and other punishments matters. I would get into deeper detail but the other glaring reason for the determination on your application sort of negates the idea. ..From your profile today " Asger was last seen: Oct 2, 2017".

I am sorry, but due to the lack of forum activity, not knowing any staff (and therefor a lack of support from them) we will have to decline you for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom