Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from alfa

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfa

Unremarkable
Personal Information

Name
Alfie

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:61547132

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
Mistservers.co || Garry's Mod: DarkRP; Staff Manager.(3rd in command.)
Shieldservers.co || Garry's Mod: DarkRP; Community Manager. (2nd in command.)
Revialservers || Garry's Mod: Civil War RP; Moderator.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
BlackWonder | Trade #1
BlackWonder NY | Trade

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I wish to become an admin on this server as I very much enjoy the community and wish to help it as much as I possibly can. When I first came here to Blackwonder, I was greeted by many great admins who gave me a 'wonder'ful experience and inspire me to do so in return. I have worked with serveral communities and I love the experience of meeting new people, helping players, and overall having fun on my favorite game; TF2.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
No

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
N/A

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
|| US EST || Weekdays: 4/5pm - 8/10pm (varies) :: Weekend days: When I wake up - (varies).

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
1. Hacker: Permanent ban.
2. Spammer: Temp mute + verbal warning.
2a. 2nd offence: Kick.
2.b 3rd offence: Ban.
(etc, etc.)
3. Simple Rulebreaker: depending on the rule broken...
3a. New player: Verbal warning
3b. Common player: (depending on if it was a mistake:) Kick or Verbal warning.

ETC: I would follow the pattern of
Verbal>Kick>Kick x2>Ban

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I'm a teenage boy with a passion for PC games such as Garry's Mod, TF2, and CS.
I love being a part of communities as I get to help out the servers and meet new people!

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

We'd like to know the specifics of your punishments, such as how long do you believe a spammer should be gagged/muted? Furthermore I'd say two kicks is a bit on the easy side, you aren't really required to warn anyone as they should know the rules.

Put more dedication into this. Give an example of every simple rule and how you would punish it. Putting it all in a catch all term like "depends" makes me feel like you didn't put enough effort or time into this app. This obviously isn't to say you don't want to be an admin, but if you truly want to help I would personally expect more of a "drive" to succeed from a candidate.

alfa

Unremarkable

Put more dedication into this.

I'm not sure if you saw it, but I did list punishments.

3a. New player: Verbal warning
3b. Common player: (depending on if it was a mistake:) Kick or Verbal warning.

If this was a misinterpretation, my apologies.
I will try to think of something else to handle the situation.
Overall, thanks for the criticism.

( Side note: somehow, a "smiley face' was registered from my text and was unintentional. Sorry bout dat ;3 )

hey ya

Dark Elf

obluda

I'm not sure if you saw it, but I did list punishments.
I did, but you didn't list what rules there are. There are multiple simple rules, and they don't all have the same punishments.

( Side note: somehow, a "smiley face' was registered from my text and was unintentional. Sorry bout dat ;3 )
No worries, this happens. If you put a space or remove the : it will be fixed.

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

- shieldservers.co redirects to Mist. They are effectively the same servers, therefore there is no point in listing them twice to make your application seem more impressive.
[EDIT: Shield has split from Mist and went to shieldroleplay.co instead. This should've been disclosed in the application]
- Your disappearance for four months from the forums only to return to make an application is intriguingly suspicious and rings both impatient and power hungry.
[EDIT: Apparently your computer was broken from August to November. This also should've been disclosed in the application]
- According to your chat logs (which are the most reliable source for determining your playtime as of current), you disappear from the servers quite often. You could be talking in voice chat, but I'd be more inclined to believe otherwise as it would match with your forum activity: lacking.
- You have one comm block from me for micspamming.
- You've only actually advertised your TF2 items a few times in the last 24 hours. Every other "advertisement" was related to tracking down a server DJ and finding an instrumental version of a song.
- Your punishment section is bare. You've not listed anything related to trading and have instead opted to write down as little as possible.

Overall lack of devotion to the community. You give off a general unease and I would not trust you with administrative powers, not only because the state of your base punishment description and my past experience with you leads me to believe you'd be pathetically lax but because you'd probably disappear and spend months between visits to the servers that would amount to no contribution.
-support.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Basically what Wanka said. Personally I think if you stick around a few months you chances would be extremely high should you reapply. -Support

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
been a while since you replied to this, it seems like you're not too invested in becoming admin? but it's christmas so meh. i agree with wanka and jim as there's not much extra i could say than they have i have to go - SUPPORT

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi Alfa! I hope you are having a good start to your new year! I also live in Jersey along with another current and former admin, it has been awfully cold and miserable. I want to tell you that we certainly like that you have prior experience and are on servers that otherwise may not usually have staff on them. But you sort of fell short with explaining the escalation of your punishments, and that is a critical part of what we do here. Making sure we all follow a similar pattern, so players know what to expect. For this reason and those state above by Wanka, we are deciding to decline you application at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom