Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from AgentPiman

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
Personal Information

Name
Michael

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:45990312

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
ShadowRain Terraria
http://shadowrain.net/community/threads/agents-helper-app.1418/

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
LA and NY Trade, TX MGE, TX Slender

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
Well, I would like to become an admin as I think I am qualified for this responsibility. I have seen many situations arise where assistance was needed, so I called on the admins. I've seen many requests ignored (included my own), so I aim to be there when needed as I always play TF2 in my pastime when I'm not busy. I will do my absolute best to keep BlackWonder clean from rulebreakers. I am a fun-loving person as well as someone willing to help, so I will strive to make playing on BlackWonder as enjoyable as possible. Donator votes can also not pass that try to punish rulebreakers, so I will put an end to this problem.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Jim and Fish

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
Monday through Thursday-5:00 PM to 10:00 PM; Friday 5:00 PM to 11:30 PM; Saturday 10:00 AM to 11:30 PM; Sunday 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM (all EST)

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Cheater-Ban without warning; demo for proof
(Mic)Spammer-Warn twice, then gag (mute) for 60 minutes; doubling if offense continues (same applies to squeakers, item begging, and repetition of nonunique trade binds)
Scammer/Sharker-Ban without warning; demo/screenshot for proof; I will explain how it's a scam if someone doesn't understand
Advertising cheats-Permanent silence without warning; screenshot/demo for proof
Map abuser-Warn once, then kick if ignored; ban for 60 minutes if ignored again, doubling if offense continues
Beration-Warn once, gag/mute for 60 minutes if continued; doubling for every offense
Impersonation of an admin-Ban without warning. Demo/screenshot for proof.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I do have a history of insulting people, but I have completely stopped (unless you count hitscan as a person). I'm active on the forums, Discord, Steam, and of course, in-game. I will almost always be available in the timestamps I've previously mentioned (they are a bit flexible; I can be on earlier and be inactive at some times, and can stay up due to possible no-school days), so I can review reports and applications, respond to requests, and help out with trading. I'm not active on JB, however, so don't rely on me to punish "freekillers" or something. I do try to make all of my statements as logical as possible, so it CAN (not always) lead to some problems with discussion. I am a very well-respected player in LA Trade, and I solved a few disputes. Fish taught me the admin commands and more trading things, so I can help people when they are in need. I am honest and trustworthy; Fish relies on me on a few things, including price suggestions.

Last edited:

Suicide

Suislide
Let's get right into this!

Pros:
Improved Chatlogs
Improved admin app (Nothing like his last admin app)
Active on forums
Active on discord

Cons:
Punishments are a little to light
In TX MGE & Slender, you have under 5 hours in both of the servers
Knows 2 admins
Didn't say the amount of time for bans on Scammers and Advertising Cheats.
Little amount of punishments

In my opinion, your punishments are a little to light. If you gag/mute the player for 30 minutes and you leave, they'll just continue! This also goes for the Map-abusers and Beration. There are also more rules to break on trade servers. You should give punishments for those too. (Such as: Spycrabbing/gambling items valued at 1 key or higher without the use of a verified middleman, staff members can not be a middleman in a gamble, any raffles, spycrabbing and etc, you host must be free to enter, do not beg for items. etc)

I am at a Neutral for now -Support

Last edited:

Nep 2

I think that this application was done very well and that AgentPiman is very suiting for the job as an admin. As said in the application he is a very helpful individual. For example, he has helped many people with trading, so he's viable. +support.

AgentPiman

Totally Ordinary
Didn't say the amount of time for bans on Scammers and Advertising Cheats.
Permaban them. I did state them, unless you wanted a timestamp. I'm very flexible with my punishments; if a majority uses more or less time for a specific punishment, I can adjust to it. I'm on Slender and MGE whenever other people are on (I'm a bit shy on MGE because I don't really like to show off nor be taunted). I can also expand to the rules; I only listed such offenses from the top of my head as those are the most common; I've never seen "pay 1 scrap to enter this giveaway" in my experience with BlackWonder.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Apart from its content this application is quite horrible for the eyes, everything seems so clustered together if you understand what i mean...
You could've used some more spacing, especially if you look at the Punishments, its very hard to differ the end from the beginning...Not affecting my opinion, just a complain of mine.

Other than that, as already said you should expand your Punishments, especially for the Trade Servers,
Good luck!

EDIT: Has changed his application very fast after critism, leaning towards +support

Last edited:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
Overall application seems correct, althought I would permanently silence those that "advertise cheats" not ban them.
+support

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I personally don't feel comfortable leaving a +support here after the last fiasco, but I'll leave my thoughts.

In my opinion, the application is well written. In terms of your trading knowledge, I can testify because I helped train you. I enjoy your brutal honestly and determination to want to help us even despite what happened, however I don't think I can let that go just quite yet. I'd like to hear thoughts from others.

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I do appreciate that you took time before applying again, thank you for that.

However I would be remiss if I did not voice my concern about your grammar and sentence structure. It was "alright" on your last application, but it has gone downhill on this one. I read your application aloud and it sounded like something a 2nd grader would say.

Why do you want to become an admin?

You spent time a lot of time explaining why you would be a good candidate, and it made it appear as though you thoroughly answered the question. But I found the answer for you, in your post.
I've seen many requests ignored (included my own), so I aim to be there when needed ... I will do my absolute best to keep BlackWonder clean from rulebreakers... so I will strive to make playing on BlackWonder as enjoyable as possible.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.

I think it was honest of you to mention past drama, so I want to thank you for that.
But you sort of regurgitated other parts of your application into this area. We don't learn anything new, that we don't already have from the other areas of your application.

I do like that you took an initiative to learn more about training, although it does not appear that Fish believes you are ready to go on your own.

The application is lacking any meat to it. I don't feel like I learned anything about you from it. And that is my main takeaway. I didn't learn anything that I couldn't have learned by looking up your chat history and your stats.

-Support

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

The application was lacklustre at best, but your comments have spoiled the whole thing in my eyes. You are meant to willingly give us information on yourself so that we can come to a better conclusion on who you are, why you stand out from the other applicants and not have to pry them out of you.
Changing to a -support. Not someone I would be terribly happy to work with.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Nickname.

...Which is why I added the "feel free to add me to discuss things" part in my application. You can learn more about me through conversation; I strongly encourage you to do so because I can learn new things to improve on as well :^)

That is certainly one way to look at it. But this is the time, when you are supposed to present why we should pick you. This is not the interview, this is where you advertise the attributes that you think we should know about.

"Feel free to add me"

No, this is where you are publicly showing/telling us about yourself. This is not about making a single friend on steam. This is about showing the community the reasons why you want to help cultivate it. That is part of the point of the public application process.

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/strawman
Never said that I wanted more friends on Steam. I do appreciate your feedback; you can post your questions here if you want to know more about me and you will receive answers here. That way, you can learn something new about me in public :^)

What I meant to convey is that this is not just a personal conversation. This is about you telling EVERYONE on the forum about yourself. Therefore your snarky addition of the definition of a stawman does not apply. But your distraction from my overall point IS a red herring.

I explained my response several times.

1. But this is the time, when you are supposed to present why we should pick you
2. This is not the interview
3. this is where you advertise the attributes that you think we should know about
4. No, this is where you are publicly showing/telling us about yourself
5.This is about showing the community the reasons why you want to help cultivate it

If your takeaway was the poorly understood portion about steam friends, then I don't know how to help you.

I was expecting you to followup by volunteering information about yourself. But instead you became passive aggressively combative, and that is not an attribute that will benefit the community.

Have a nice evening

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

I've been meaning to reply him for a while now, every time I tried something else popped up. But after reading through the new comments I thought that it was a good time to add my point of view in on the whole thing.

On your previous application you did the same thing to me, as you did to @RainbowRob. You direct the attention away from the actual argument itself, post a link to some site which you've read once and thought that it was some sort of valid argument. Rob is completely right in my opinion with everything he has said, you should voluntarily give us information without making us pry at you to get it. Why should we work to get the information you should already be providing us? Sure we can ask for a little bit more, or for you to expand on something, but not for everything, you should give us the information. If me and a few other people had the exact same question, how is it anyway efficient or effective for us to all ask you at different times? We all won't get the exact same information, you will tell us each in a different way based off the way each of ask the question, which could lead to problems and arguments, however this could have simply been solved by putting it in the application in the first place.

So to sum up:

• Stop linking people to crappy websites which you think you understand and believe it's a valid argument.
  • Actually tell us about yourself. "Agent" is not your name, we ask for your name, not a nickname/in-game name. Shows you trust us a bit and we get to know you. People will most likely still call you Agent anyway.
  • Don't redirect your arguments. Focus on what truly matters.
I honestly do not see an improvement from the last time, sure your chatlogs might be cleaner now, but you are still the same person.

So I will be giving you a -Support.

Thanks for applying and good luck!

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Hello,

I haven't read your previous application until today. You started off pretty well on this one. The application was good. You play on servers that would greatly profit off of another admin. You seem to have experience etc.

Almost everything was good or at least okay until you ruined it for me with your comments. The comments blew it. And then I read your previous attempt and that made it worse. Based off of this application only, I imagined a completely different person than based off of the old one and your comments.
I don't think we will ever gamble with admin applications. In the past if an admin application was controversial, it was declined, we rather not take any chances. While I can't trust you because no one else really (including one of the admins you list) trusts you. I can only give -support. Sorry.

tom7351

Mildly Menacing
pros:
good hour times online
familiar with admin command

in the middle:
vac-ban (don't know if it is a good or bad thing because i don't know on what games he's banned)

cons:
doesn't know much admins
advertising in the past.
little amount of punishments

i would go with a -support. (edited)

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
The way you are ingame I like. The way you handled some comments here I don't like. Don't be a cuck even if you don't mean it. Small -Support

Let me rephrase what I wrote last night at 2 am. Overall from when I'm in game with you I see no issues at all. You ask for help when needed, you try explaining rules to people, you report people who break the rules anyway. All great qualities that would make you a good staff member.
Then there's the second part which is your application. What you wrote is good enough from what I see. It is a little bland but it tells what we need to know. You put in your first name which is a great step. I know it may be a little personal but it's really nothing more than showing us you trust us enough with your first name. I bet basically a handful of people know my first name but it was on my application for over a month and a half but people still call me Jim. Same with location, I live north of NYC and I am literally a three minute drive from Hillary Clinton's house. It doesn't mean anything (unless you're a serial killer in which case it probably would) but the point is that the specifics don't really matter, they just show you have a trust with us.
Next off is that this app is so much nicer than the last one you made. I think you've really changed but then I read some of your responses. You come off as being snarky and entitled. We just want to know as much as possible and you seem to be taking it like an invasion of privacy. You try and make excuses that we don't have enough reason to ask things about you. Maybe it's beyond your comfort zone to reveal this much to internet people but there's nothing you have to worry about. I'm also seeing that you posted on of those logical fallacy links both here and on your last app. Those literally mean nothing. Anybody can write down a person's flaw and then give it some random name that is supposed to correlate. Using them as a response is basically a "screw off" gesture in my eyes.
Overal
l Small -Support because while I think you have the right skills to become admin you need to show a little more trust in us. No one here is out to get you and once your application is over I guarantee that under 5% of people that read your application will even remember anything personal about you. Just chill out and help us get to know you constructively. No one dislikes you as a person it's just the attitude that you have been showing. I honestly don't think what's been discussed on the app is a true portrayal of you. Also while knowing me and Fish is a really strange combination of admins to know (because we have very little interaction since JB and Trade don't really have anything in common) you should try to hop on to discord more often if you haven't already and just hang out with us and get to know more people.

I hope this is a little more detailed then what I had previously written :p

Last edited:

RainbowRobb

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
Hi @AgentPiman I hope your day is going wonderfully. It looks like most of us on the east coast are going to have a beautiful weekend. I want to thank you for putting together this application, and you have made substantial improvements since your last application. Specifically with your in-game chat logs, and we all sincerely appreciate the effort that you made there.

However, this application still went off-course. And I think you know that, by the fact that you deleted several of your comments. Admins have to deal with the potential for an argument every time that they ban someone, and we as admins need to be able to stay objective. Lastly, I was hopeful that over the last month, you would have made a greater effort to add other admins or join a discord voice chat. I recommend maybe taking the time to meet more admins, and absolutely keep up the positive attitude in game.

We are all sorry that it took so long to get to your application

Regards,

-Robb

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom