Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from Aegeus Dusk

• Thread starter Deleted member 2049
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2049

Personal Information

Name
Matthew

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:193298062

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
No

If Yes, which ones?
N/A

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
I will mainly play on Jailbreak servers, specifically: BlackWonder LA | Jailbreak, BlackWonder NY | Jailbreak, BlackWonder TX | Jailbreak, and BlackWonder | Jailbreak.

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I generally want to help out across servers on Blackwonder so that it remains a stable and great place to play on Team Fortress 2. A small part of me also want's to experience this kind of responsibility for the future. I am willing to sacrifice my time to punish rulebreakers and help keep Blackwonder healthy and clean. Even if it means less time for me.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
Bene (I chat with him and Mrs. Bene in discord sometimes to see how things are going)
Hey Ya
RainbowRob
Wanka
Overkill
Noodle Ball
Timo
Cinnamon
Lucas
Will
Jim
Alex

(These are mainly the admins I have had experience with or some sort of communication, not just small chats)

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
(Central Time Zone) My play times on weekdays will generally be around 4:30pm-10:30pm | Weekends will be usually the whole day or 9:30am-4:00am as an estimated time

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
(Punishment times may be extended if any previous offenses)
(Punishments may differ in reports)

General:
Player Disrespect - Warning > mute/gag for 30m > mute/gag for 1hr > mute/gag for 1d > mute/gag for 3 days > mute/gag for 1wk > mute/gag for 2wk > permanent mute/gag

Delaying
- Warning > slay

Exploiting
- Warning > Kick > ban for 1d > ban for 3d > ban for 1wk > ban for 3wk > permanent ban

Micspam
- Warning > mute for 1hr > mute for 3hr > mute for 1d > mute for 3d > mute for 1wk > mute for 2wk > permanent mute

Chatspam
- Warning > gag for 1hr > gag for 2hr > gag for 3hr > gag for 1d > gag for 4d > gag for 1wk > permanent gag

Inappropriate Spray
- Sprayban

Call Admin Abuse
- ban for 1d > ban for 3d > ban for 5d > ban for 1wk > ban for 2wk > ban for 3wk > permanent ban

Cheating/Hacking
- Record the user to gain enough evidence that will support claim, then will present the video to other admins with the recorded evidence to come to a conclusion

AFK
- Move to Spectator

Donor Abuse
- Ban for 1wk (I may request removal of donor depending on how it was handled) > ban for 1mo with request for removal of donor

VSH: (May mainly be with reports, punishments may differ in reports)
Camping - Warning > slay > ban for 1d > ban for 3d > ban for 1wk > permanent ban

Being Friendly
- Warning > slay > ban for 1d > ban for 4d > ban for 1wk > permanent ban

Trading:
Scamming - Permanent ban after sufficient evidence has been given

Jailbreak:
Accidental Freekill
- Slay > teamban for 3hr > teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 1wk > permanent teamban

Mass Freekill
- Ban for 1wk > Ban for 2wk > Ban for 3wk with permanent teamban

Overtalking Warden
- Warning > mute for 1hr > mute for 3hr > mute for 1d > mute for 3d > mute for 1wk > permanent mute

Armory Camping
- Warning > slay

False Accusations
- Warning > mute/gag for 1hr > mute/gag for 3hr > mute/gag for 1d > mute/gag for 3d > mute/gag for 1 wk > permanent mute/gag

Sticky Trapping
- Warning > slay

Freeday Abuse
- Warning > slay

Away From Warden
- Slay > teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 1wk > teamban for 2wk > permanent teamban

Freehitting
- Warning > slay > teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 5d > teamban for 1wk > permanent teamban

Teamkill
- Slay > teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 1wk > permanent teamban

Griefing
- Slay > teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 1 wk > permanent teamban

Favoritism
- Warning > slay > teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 1wk > teamban for 2wk > permanent teamban

No mic on blu
- Permanent teamban until mic has been verified

In Unreachable Place
- Warning > slay

Accidental Illegal FF
- teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 1wk > teamban for 2wk > permanent teamban

(depends if the FF was intentional or accidental)
Illegal FF - Ban for 3d > ban for 1wk > ban for 2wk > permanent teamban

Unwarden from random warden
- Teamban for 1d > teamban for 3d > teamban for 1wk > teamban for 2wk > permanent teamban

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have quite a few comm blocks from when I first started out on Blackwonder, I haven’t got another (excluding one from a donor when I didn’t use my mic on blu) since. I have given out many comms using donor powers for the rulebreakers I’ve seen in Blackwonder. You may see that I have been banned twice, once by Fish that was replaced with a discord ban, and another for 30 minutes which I do not ever recall. I have 1 or 2 teambans, one for sure that was a tricky order (oops) Also, I used to have another account that was made from when I first started playing on steam, you can view that here [ http://steamcommunity.com/id/AEGEUSDUSK ]
I decided to abandon that account after it was vac banned in Team Fortress 2 for “Phone Sharing”. Which means that I used another account to cheat with my phone number registered to that account as well. I now only use that account to play the games I bought from there to my new account here [ http://steamcommunity.com/id/AEGEUSDUSK2/ ] When I say that I am familiar with admin commands, I mean that I know only some and how they work. I will still happily take any information about commands for the future. I do have a history with another community that I wish to avoid because of the amount of toxicity there in the servers and forums. If you are wondering which community I’m talking about, it is
Idleserver.com
. I have been banned there for 1 week for “Avoiding Punishment” which was completely off. The story is that I had basically disrespected a moderator in game and I was gagged/muted for it. I then came up with an idea to avoid the mods/admins I disliked by leaving the game so I don’t get ridiculous punishments. I had no idea a longer gag/mute was coming my way from an admin and everytime he joined I left to avoid playing getting abused. It finally caught up to me when I was in game and he unexpectedly joined. I then received a 1 week ban for “Avoiding Punishment” like I said. They didn’t believe me when I tried explaining so I decided to just avoid that server fully. As for my personal issues, I do apologize for sharing them as I should have to deal with them on my own, I told this information to the community openly, using it as a method to let some pressure and steam off. I do again apologize for this and I will keep it to myself, family members, or close friends. If you have any worries, questions, or would like to suggest an edit in my application, feel free to let me know and I should answer them. Have a wonderful rest of your time ~Aegeus Dusk
(EDIT: Changed AFK "punishment" from kick to spectator move, also added spaces between punishments to avoid cluster)
(EDIT 2: Added additional "3wk punishment" for calladmin abuse, also added "5d punishment" for freehitting)
(EDIT 3: Bolded an unbolded punishment and added @Alex™ to the list of known admins (sorry for the tag xd), also added an additional "3 week punishment" to exploiting before a permanent ban and added a disclaimer to Illegal ff so it doesn't seem unfair labeled as "(depends if the FF was intentional or accidental)"

Last edited by a moderator:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
First app
Second app
Third app

Firstly, it's nice you've stuck around for nearly a year, and your reports are appreciated - it really does help keep the servers clean (notwithstanding the fact that they're really well-formatted, even with youtube evidence so we often times don't even have to launch the game).

Chatlogs not loading, but they're probably not too bad since you know they exist and are monitored.

Now, none of your previous applications were declined due to age. In fact, you even lied about it in your first one, while even back then stating it as the reason your previous applications elsewhere were declined. This application was declined mostly based on the fact you posted it about two weeks after joining. Also you were a cheater.

The second one was posted after you had just returned from a break, during which you had a... falling out with another community. I posted this response, to which you immediately responded with this. Declined upon request after an influx of negative feedback. Also you were a cheater.

Not only did you take all the constructive feedback and spit it back in our faces, on your third application you still had the audacity to drop this lovely piece and blame it, not on your age, but other people's interpretation of your age and maturity. Declined upon request after an influx of negative feedback. Also you were a cheater.

I think you see where I'm going with this, and I'm doing this write-up purely for your own sake - ideally you'll realize that it's not purely your age and/or maturity, it's the rash decisions, the insults, loose ends with other people, the belief that in-game behaviour should be rated differently from out-of-game behaviour and the severe lack of foresight it takes to cheat on a free-to-play game.

Normally we would have permanently banned you for that once we found out, but it would be rude to while your application was open, then too much time passed and it kinda got awkward.

Also,
you were a cheater

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 2049

First app
Second app
Third app

Firstly, it's nice you've stuck around for nearly a year, and your reports are appreciated - it really does help keep the servers clean (notwithstanding the fact that they're really well-formatted, even with youtube evidence so we often times don't even have to launch the game).

Chatlogs not loading, but they're probably not too bad since you know they exist and are monitored.

Now, none of your previous applications were declined due to age. In fact, you even lied about it in your first one, while even back then stating it as the reason your previous applications elsewhere were declined. This application was declined mostly based on the fact you posted it about two weeks after joining. Also you were a cheater.

The second one was posted after you had just returned from a break, during which you had a... falling out with another community. I posted this response, to which you immediately responded with this. Declined upon request after an influx of negative feedback. Also you were a cheater.

Not only did you take all the constructive feedback and spit it back in our faces, on your third application you still had the audacity to drop this lovely piece and blame it, not on your age, but other people's interpretation of your age and maturity. Declined upon request after an influx of negative feedback. Also you were a cheater.

I think you see where I'm going with this, and I'm doing this write-up purely for your own sake - ideally you'll realize that it's not purely your age and/or maturity, it's the rash decisions, the insults, loose ends with other people, the belief that in-game behaviour should be rated differently from out-of-game behaviour and the severe lack of foresight it takes to cheat on a free-to-play game.

Normally we would have permanently banned you for that once we found out, but it would be rude to while your application was open, then too much time passed and it kinda got awkward.

Also,
you were a cheater
A cheater, not at heart but yes I have used cheats before. It was stupid of me to do something like that. I have done some stupid things in the past and I do apologize for that. As for chatlogs, I have been trying to keep them clean a little but you may see some questionable things like in December. With the age on my first app, I had it set to the wrong age but I kinda just went with it, apologies if that makes me look untrustworthy. And yes, I know I have responded to feedback in an unprofessional and rude matter. For that I am sorry. Thanks for your thought Viking, feel free to let me know more.

D

Deleted member 2049

(EDIT: Changed AFK "punishment" from kick to spectator move, also added spaces between punishments to avoid cluster)

(EDIT 2: Added additional "3wk punishment" for calladmin abuse, also added "5d punishment" for freehitting)

[further changes to my app will be under "additional information" rather than replying to my app, this is the last time]

Alex.bsp

Professional Nap Taker
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
Hello, Aegeus Dusk. After getting to know you more after these past days, I decided to give my opinion on your application.

I'm pretty shocked that you went from being toxic to a somewhat of a mature person. You have also been writing these a lot better; glad that you're taking our feedback from the previous applications seriously. After reading some replies on previous applications, I realized that you mainly got yourself declined because you were doing no-no things outside the community and you were having public tantrums because of personal family issues. As far as I am aware, you haven't done anything wrong outside the community, and you haven't had a public freak out yet. You seem to have more control of yourself this time around. About you cheating. Holy shit! what is Alex going to say? This is such a big deal! Is Aegeus going to get yelled at by Alex? No, I'm just want to say that I'm pretty sure he knows what he did was wrong. We all make mistakes, he shouldn't be reminded every second of that. If he was a truly dedicated cheater, he would have cheated longer and probably have made 100+ accounts to cheat. I doubt that he is going to cheat again, right Aegeus? He has a well understanding of the rules, he's been a good boy so far, he put a lot of time and effort into his application, and he's taking this seriously so far (And by far, I mean the 1 admin reply he's gotten because no one else wants to reply).

I think you deserve somewhat of a chance, so I'm going to be Neutral for now.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
So...
It already has been a month, so I guess I should reply as well, even though I am bad at this.

Aegeus is a nice guy and follows the rules pretty well.
He also asks when he wants to be sure, which is a very good thing to do.
That he cheated.. so what.
He stopped and doesn't do it anymore as far as I know.

Did I already mention that he is a nice and that he is quite responsible??? (better than some current admins)

I am going Neutral leaning towards positive.

D

Deleted member 2049

Thanks for the opinions Lucas and Alex, I want to clear up that yes I know what I did was wrong when I decided to cheat. I did it out of curiosity and regret it to this day. I apologize for cheating if it makes anyone think I'm not responsible or trustworthy. Feel free to let me know more if something comes up :D

Noodl

Something Else
Staff Member
Developer
Admin

Noodl

Due to a lack of positive responses (or any responses, really) and the negative feedback given above, your application has been declined. You're actually kind of lucky that your main wasn't banned after you admitted to cheating.

Thanks for applying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom