Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from ᴾᴮ ᴹᵒᵈ Max | trade.tf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Bladeswell

Guardian of ÜberUpgrades
Staff Member
Admin
Personal Information

Name
Bladeswell

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:1:72160316

Server Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes

If Yes, which ones?
I've been mod in PBfortress for about year and i have terraria server that i've used to moderate in local lanpartys

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes

On which servers do you usually play?
UberUpgrades and x10/50 mostly, but im open for other servers

Application Questions

Why do you want to become an admin?
I've played UberUpgrades on different servers for nearly 3 years. I know every upgrade and how they work, what weapon lags the game and what are "clean". There are rarely any admins in UberUpgrades, which is one of main reasons why i want to become admin. In PBfortress i was mod in UberUpgrades.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
Yes

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
will5023

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.
it changes. Currently i'm on job from 10am to 6pm EEST on mon-fri and on everyother saturday 10am to 2pm. When i have school, usually im free from 5pm to mostlikely 2am.

How would you go about punishing a hacker, spammer, simple rulebreaker, etc?
Hacker
: after making sure that they are hacking, permanent ban
Spammer: 90min gag/mute
Toxic: 90min gag/mute
Intentionally lagging the game: warn, 90min ban
Spawncamper: 120min ban
Exploiting: 120min ban

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I'm kind, honest and almost never get mad/rage. I would grade my english on scale of 1-10 at 8.5
I can write and speak english nearly perfectly, but sometimes i can mumble on my words, but that's not that common

Last edited:

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
I dont know you so i'll go based on the app. it seems like the punishments could do with some more expanding and looking at.
however you do know commands and are applying for servers where admins aren't currently the most active.
i'd say my only other small grievance is we dont know you so well but hell even I dont know all the current admins and you'd get to know people quite easily enough so for now i'll go NEUTRAL leaning to +SUPPORT obviously depending on anything further that may come to light etc

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Quite a relief seeing an actual good application after the last mess, good for you.
I did not see any grammatical mistakes and its well written, you were honest that you barely had contact with staff members and you were indeed Moderator on PBfortress with average activity.
The rules section came a little short, altough, I am sure you can handle the Server('s) fine given your past experience.

Your forum activity is rather lacking, you join joined on 15th of july, made 3 posts by then and totally disappeared until august 6th where you started making more posts, which is just not enought.
Regarding Discord I cannot judge as I barely use it but searching the history I did not see you active there either (mostly because I didn't find you).

You are well made for an admin, hence I join Will and stay neutral leaning towards +support,
but you should really try to get in the community more via discord and the forums.

Good luck,
Jiggly

Last edited:

Drax

Deadpool

Drax

Hey, first I want to say thank you for applying. It's nice to see you like this community enough to spend your time to write this. Now on to the rating. I don't know how you act because I never see you in the server (but that's because I'm on jailbreak and you're on Uber Upgrades), so I'm going to rate it purely on this application. It is well written, however there are a lot of misspellings, missed spaces, and missed capitals, but I'm just being too picky on the grammar. Your punishments are a little light, you don't list a lot of rules that people break, you just say "simple rulebreaker". You might want to give examples of what a simple rulebreaker is and how you would punish them (give the different levels of severity, as you said). For mic spammers and chat spammers you would need to do a longer gag/mute because people will gladly wait 15 minutes to spam some more. Also give your punishments for repeat offenders (1st time: 120 minutes, 2nd time: 720 minutes, etc.). You're reason for applying is very short and common. "There are rulebreakers, I don't like them, punish them". It's good that you have past experience and know the commands and your available playtime is fine. Now on to activity. Like Kat said, you are not active on forums (you posted your intro less than an hour before your application for admin) and you are not active on discord. Your server activity seems good, but try to get to know some admins that can vouch for you. For the reasons above I am going to give you a -support however I want you to know that if you get declined, don't take it as you will never be an admin, just take some time (maybe a month or two) to get to know admins and be active on forums and discord aswell.

EDIT: After around a month of me posting this, Max has very clearly been trying to improve his discord and forum activity. He still hasn't gotten to know admins, however we can't really blame him because very few admins go on Uber Upgrades. Although you have a few grammatical errors that should not mean your application should be declined. Because you have shown effort in improving your forum and discord activity, and because we need an Uber Upgrades admin, I will change my opinion to a +support

Last edited:

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
I've definitely seen you around for the past month, even though direct forum activity has been lacking, but that's not a massive issue when you are active on discord and the servers themselves. You currently fill a very niche spot within uberupgrades and times x servers, few, if any of the current staff members play on those gamemodes regularly, and are usually only there to handle calls or reports. Someone more familiar with the bugs and exploits people use to their advantage on these servers could be a useful addition to the team.

Previous experience is great to have, though I wonder why you didn't reapply back at pbfort instead, or even why you stepped down in the first place. I assume it was around the time they discontinued their UU servers, though.

Indeed, getting to know some of us would be really nice for both parties, try to make some acquaintances within discord and you'll have a much better time, which goes for regular players and staff alike.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Since I feel we are lacking opinions, I did some research on my own.

Positive:

Neutral:
  • No outstanding reasoning as to why we should accept his as an Admin
  • Decent/Good English knowledge
  • Knows only one admin; but granted, he plays on a server where (to my knowledge) admins rarely go

Negative:
  • Punishment section needs some serious work
  • Did join the forum around 1 1/2 months ago thou only went really 'active' 2 weeks ago

Conclusion:

Right now, I'll go with a Neutral tending towards +Support.

Best of luck with you application!

Malz

P.s: please clean up your joined groups in Steam. 90 groups is a bit excessive, no?

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
P.s: please clean up your joined groups in Steam. 90 groups is a bit excessive, no?
Though it was minor enough for you to put in a postscript, why is 90 groups a bad thing? I myself am in over 150. As long as he isn't in any hate groups or whatever, I don't see a problem. IMO he has the freedom to choose which groups to be a part of; it's his account.
Also asking this publicly not to shame you, but because it may answer a question others had and I can use this as a case study for future admin apps if necessary.

DasMalzbier| Lazy Panda

Tfw ab0se is not an allowed title word
Admin
Though it was minor enough for you to put in a postscript, why is 90 groups a bad thing? I myself am in over 150. As long as he isn't in any hate groups or whatever, I don't see a problem. IMO he has the freedom to choose which groups to be a part of; it's his account.
Also asking this publicly not to shame you, but because it may answer a question others had and I can use this as a case study for future admin apps if necessary.

It seems that I have caused a slight misunderstanding.

My comment about the groups was, by no means, meant to be seen as a rating. Because if I intended to, it would have fallen under positive, neutral or negative.

I merely added it because for my standard 90 groups is way too much. It also took some time going through each of those groups to see what they are about as it is a routine when checking an application (and that includes the Steam Groups).

Again, I never intended it to be seen as a "good" or "bad" thing. It just stood out so much too me that I had to point it out. Everyone is free to join as many groups as they want to but as for me, I'd go crazy with all the announcements of each group.

Now two things:

@Max Bladeswell I hope you did not remove groups you wanted to stay in just because of my comment. My rating will not change, whether or not you are in 90 groups or not.

@Fish-Related Crimes I hope I could make myself more clear with my comment. The amount of groups does not matter in any kind of way, only the kind of group.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
Hey,

I'm not sure if you have this kind of thing on PBfortress, it's important here that you scale the punishments you hand out. We have two commands: sm_listcomms <name> and sm_listbans <name>. Before you punish someone, ideally you should check if the person has received previous punishments and scale the length accordingly.

Also, make sure you know those few rules that apply to UU servers and how we define spawn camping.

Max Bladeswell

Guardian of ÜberUpgrades
Staff Member
Admin
Hey,

I'm not sure if you have this kind of thing on PBfortress, it's important here that you scale the punishments you hand out. We have two commands: sm_listcomms <name> and sm_listbans <name>.
im pretty sure that PBfortress has those commands.

Before you punish someone, ideally you should check if the person has received previous punishments and scale the length accordingly.
Like for example, player was banned for spawncamping for 60min. I see the same player camping again so i'll ban them for 120min?
My mod times in PBfortress has given me enough experience to know when spawncamping is happening.

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
Exactly, there are no strict scales because often the next punishment depends on how severe the rule breaking is and usually it's not for the same reason or it's a mix of things, you get a feel for it eventually. But to give you an example if somebody was speaking a foreign language and I catched the person multiple times over and over his comm. block history would look ideally like this: 60-120-480-1440-2880-10080-20160-0

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

Snooze
Hey Max, I'm happy to announce that your application has been accepted!

We didn't really look forward to this application at first but you certainly grew on us. You have previous experience and you applied for servers that desperately need admins, on top of that you became quite active both on the forums and on discord. We appreciate your efforts to make Blackwonder a better place. I even hope that you could become somewhat of a role model at x10/x50/UU and eventually we will receive more applications from there. If you need help/advice with anything please do ask. It's always better to ask than to make mistakes.

I know you have a lot of experience but you certainly can and will run into things that are different from PBfortress. We expect you to respect these differences and do things how they're done here. You're free to suggest changes but please in these cases first be flexible and adapt. Thank you for your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Top Bottom