Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Accepted Admin Application from ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Accept this Application?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Epic Levels of Trash
Member Name ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Name "Sparks Thunderfur", or my real name, Anthony (If my full name is required, my apologies)

Contact Information

Your Age 18, going on 19

Location New York

Your SteamID STEAM_0:0:37601537

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously? Yes

If Yes, which ones? It wasn't a very popular server, but for a brief while I did co-own an old Gmod server, "Killjoy's Fun Server"

This was a long time ago, but I am still capable of keeping the chaos down, and making sure the rules are abided by in a server.

(I've also witnessed personally a lot of moderation in a server I was a regular and donor at, often being the one to call in the mods to deal with issues, giving me a better idea of how to handle certain situations.)

Why do you want to become an admin? I've been a regular at Blackwonder for a few months now, and I've run into a massive amount of aimbotters, spammers, *abusers*, and kids who refuse to abide by Rule 3.

I've yet to see even a single admin or moderator on the servers, which concerns me a little bit. As much as I love to dick around on 10x, there needs to be a little bit of moderation, and I've seen very little.

I feel that if given an administrative position (or some form of lesser administration, such as a moderator, or something along those lines) I will be able to make Blackwonder servers a somewhat more tolerable place. Aimbotters aren't very often auto-banned on the server, as I've run into several who didn't get auto-banned.

My biggest concern is the people who spam the chat or the voice, and especially the MASSIVE amount of Children who come there, every, day. I swear, the only time I've been on blackwonder without a kid being on, is when it's completely empty.

Are you familiar with admin commands? Yes

Do you know any of our current staff members? No

If Yes, please tell us the their names. NONE

Please tell us when you usually play and are available. Tends to vary, but I'm usually up and playing during the afternoon and at night, although soon will be more towards the morning if I can fix my sleep cycle.

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know. Well, although most of the time, I'm seen as immature, I can go from immature, to being a very professional and common adult like I am in this application in an instant when it comes to actually moderating. So, I can still just blend in and go about my own things while I am on of my own volition, and if something happens, I'd simply just.. "switch" to a more serious and mature-state to deal with the situation until it resolves, and stays that way.

I also can seem rude to some people, but once you get to know me, I'm actually a very nice person, and can even make you laugh sometimes. (I like to do impressions~)

..And, if you're worried about me abusing my powers,

I, CAN'T, STAND, ABUSERS.

They drive me absolutely NUTS. Power-Abuse is a MASSIVE "no" in my book. You most likely won't ever see me abusing my power if given the position.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.? Well, it would depend.

If I saw a hacker, and it was *definitely* a hacker, I.E headshotting a cloaked spy or something, I'd most likely ban them. However, a spammer or a simple rule breaker would most likely receive a few warnings before I actually acted to deal with them.

For spammers, it'd most likely just be a few warnings before a temporary mute, and if encountered several times afterwards, a perma-mute, if that's possible.

Various rulebreakings? Ehh.. I mean, as far as I've seen there's about 3, No spamming, Be Respectful, and No kids in Voice chat (<-- I see this broken constantly).

If someone is being *excessively* rude, as in very consistently insulting someone with no reason, in a vulgar manner (Such as racism, religious insults, or sexuality), they would most likely either be kicked or muted/gagged. I don't believe a ban (unless you can make them short/temporary) would be necessary in most situations, excluding hackers and the like.

Loldielol

Holy Buckets
Looks promising, I'll stand by the majority in the votes.

In regards to not seeing a lot of admins on, there are over 100 servers and 5 or so staff members, if you see any rule breakers then all it takes is to report them :)

But, the more staff the merrier.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
It is true that admins are needed really badly. Unfortunately a lot of people that apply really don't seem to care about the position all that much.
Anyway, to your application: Overall you took your time writing this and it's very well fleshed out, yet you registered yesterday and applied immediately after registering. This tells me that you did not read the Read Me. We don't only want admins that just manage the servers. I highly dislike people that apply, take their admin rights and run off. I am not sure if I can accept your admin application. Hope you understand

ϟ Sparks Thunderfur ϟ

Epic Levels of Trash
It is true that admins are needed really badly. Unfortunately a lot of people that apply really don't seem to care about the position all that much.
Anyway, to your application: Overall you took your time writing this and it's very well fleshed out, yet you registered yesterday and applied immediately after registering. This tells me that you did not read the Read Me. We don't only want admins that just manage the servers. I highly dislike people that apply, take their admin rights and run off. I am not sure if I can accept your admin application. Hope you understand

I Really do apologize about that, I had meant to register sooner, but I hadn't gotten around to it until the other day.
And I guess I must've mis-read the Read Me, I do apologize and understand if you decline this, I just thought having a moderator patrolling the servers daily would help alot.

Sorry abut that >~>

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Even with your lack of activity I decided to accept you. Welcome to the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom