Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Admin Application from ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Status
Not open for further replies.

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
Member Name
ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Name
Puddin'

Contact Information

Your Age

Your SteamID
STEAM_0:0:177844382

Other Information

Have you managed servers previously?
Yes.

If Yes, which ones?
I was a trial admin on panda.tf's W3Source server for a couple months before I had to resign (and by this I mean, I was demoted) due to inactivity as the job I had at the time did not allow me to use my free time playing a video game.

Why do you want to become an admin?
For the 3 months I've been a part of this community, I've seen my fair share of rule-breakers on the infamous Trade server and, besides the avoidable sm_votekick, have been otherwise powerless to stop them (reports, yes, but still). Now, I'm certainly not liked on the Trade server because of multiple reasons, but I believe I can be responsible enough to not let those feelings cloud my judgement when and if I do get accepted as an admin.

Are you familiar with admin commands?
Yes.

Do you know any of our current staff members?
No.

If Yes, please tell us the their names.
I do have GRXD, Maimix, Viking34 and Benedevil on my steam friend list but I barely talk to them.

So, I guess I'll put "No" on this question..?

Please tell us when you usually play and are available.

Monday; 18:00 - 23:00 [GMT+1]
Tuesday - Thursday; 19:00 - 23:00 [GMT+1]
Friday; 19:00 - 03:00 [GMT+1]

Saturday; 13:00 - 03:00 [GMT+1]
Sunday; 13:00 - 23:00 [GMT+1]
Assuming I don't go out or have any other business to attend to.

On what servers do you usually play?
EU Trade Server (176.57.142.90:27355)

Please give any other information you might think is useful for us to know.
I have quite a thick skin and a high tolerance when dealing with insults, people, more insults, etc.. but I am aware when it gets too far and will take action if I believe someone is being insulted in-game.

Yes, I have been banned in the past from the forums/discord for being a royal pain in the dick but like I said, those times are in the past; I've tried very hard to not be a dick to any admin or player that I meet on the forums/discord (although I barely talk there) or on the game servers.

As for the hacking ban that I recieved on the 22th of December, it was revoked due to lack of evidence against me and I'd like to thank Benedevil for seeing reason on that matter.

How would you go about punishing a hacker/spammer/simple rulebreaker...etc.?
Mic Spam: warning, 30 minute mute, warning, 2 hour mute, warning, 1 day mute, warning, 7 day mute.

Chat Spam: warning, 30 minute gag, warning, 2 hour gag, warning, 1 day gag warning, 7 day gag.

Hacking: Pat on the back followed by a permanent ban.

Exploits: warning, slay, warning, kick, warning, 1 day ban [although there aren't very exploits on Trade].

Spawncamp: N/A to Trade server.

Last edited:

FishCrimes

The King of Fish
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
The application is incredibly brief and could use some additional info in the "additional info" section. Also, I have no idea why you included Zeprus there, that was completely irrelevant.

Dirakia

Positively Inhumane
Ach, scho de dritt schwiizer im Hause Blackwonder xP

But yeah, from what ive seen from you on the Forums, i pretty much can confirm that he has quite the competence for being an admin x3
Other than that i cant say much actually since i usually play on x10 servers

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
i would have said you should have said something about the ban you got but i can see you appeal has now been accepted so not sure if it's relevant now or not though you are friends with someone who is also banned for the same thing you were, slightly brief, the thing about zeprus not needed but you are fairly regular on discord and forums. having looked on bans it looks like you have used several alt accounts or diffrent names under "puddin" which all got banned for one reason or another i gotta give a -SUPPORT for that alone plus the other stuff

Last edited:

Wolfi

Truly Feared
I honestly don't think that you would make a great admin because you have been banned so many times before which means what would you do if you were given power on the server, I think that you would seriously abuse your power and create chaos on the servers. Also I don't think that a person who has been banned for hacking could be trusted? I am giving you -support

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
The application is incredibly brief and could use some additional info in the "additional info" section. Also, I have no idea why you included Zeprus there, that was completely irrelevant.

After thinking about it, I have decided to remove the bit about Zeprus as it did not sound like I intended it to; I referenced him because he was a known member of this community, was also the member who told me about this community and was the only person I constantly played with on the Trade server. Alas, three replies in and I can see that it's sparking the wrong kind of discussion and therefore has been deleted.

Also, I'm not aware if I can edit the admin application after posting it, but I have added some more information under the "additional info" section, in the hope that editing it post-posting will not result in an instant decline.

Thank you for your comment.

I honestly don't think that you would make a great admin because you have been banned so many times before which means what would you do if you were given power on the server, I think that you would seriously abuse your power and create chaos on the servers. Also I don't think that a person who has been banned for hacking could be trusted? I am giving you -support

I was banned once from the gameservers for hacking and once from Discord/Forums for being a royal pain in the dick, yes, but those times are long past as I've tried somewhat hard not to be an asshole to other admins either it be on the forums or in-game or even in Discord, although I barely talk there.

As for the hacking ban, I was falsely accused and unbanned due to there not being any evidence to keep me banned. I have neither hacked on TF2 nor intended to as I have no need to; furthermore, I don't see how a false ban has anything to do with the trust you'd put in me if I was accepted? I did not ban myself, friend.

As for the abuse you claim I would do; I know how to behave properly while being in a "power" position and no, I would not risk the admin position, if I do get accepted that is, by abusing the commands that would be given to me.

i would have said you should have said something about the ban you got but i can see you appeal has now been accepted so not sure if it's relevant now or not though you are friends with someone who is also banned for the same thing you were, slightly brief, the thing about zeprus not needed but you are fairly regular on discord and forums. having looked on bans it looks like you have used several alt accounts or diffrent names under "puddin" which all got banned for one reason or another i gotta give a -SUPPORT for that alone plus the other stuff

I see you've edited your post, therefore I will reply to you as well; when I was banned for hacking on my main account, Benedevil also banned two of my alt accounts to prevent me from ban evading, I believe, not that I intended to anyway. The ban reason is the same for the three accounts and were given on the same day, the day I got falsely banned from Discord/Gameservers for hacking.

Last edited:

tomato.kitty.tf

The King of Kats
I certainly know that you are adequate for the admin role as it seems you're able to behave like an adult. But what happened in the past outweighs your actual nice & polite behaviour which I personally think it's just a façade you're showing us to hide your true self. From what i've experienced myself and what i've heard from some friends about you, you're likely not going to change even if you say so, i won't believe it.
I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but it is what I truly believe, no ill-feelings from my side.

Anyways, good luck.

-support

PD: edited it a bit as it was kind of unintelligible.

Last edited:

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
I certainly know that you are adequate for the admin role, as it seems you're able to behave like an adult. But what happened in the past outweighs your actual "nice & polite behaviour" which I personally think it's just a façade you're making up to make yourself look better from our point of view. From what i've experienced myself and what i've heard from some friends about you. You're likely not going to change. I'm sorry if this sounds a bit harsh but it is what I truly believe, no ill-feelings from my side.

Anyways, good luck.

-support

I try to be as honest as I can when talking to people as I can, which sometimes proves to be impolite, and I know that what happened in the past wasn't correct and what I said might've been offensive to some people and I understand that. I'm not going to make you change your mind about me but I can tell you that what has happened in the past will stay in the past, even if I do get denied, and will not happen again.

Last edited:

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Me and you have had our fair share of arguments and disagreements, but if we ignore that and focus on your application...

First it's a fairly good application, I just really hate your font. You also say you aren't liked on the server... why do you think this is? Do you think this will affect you as an admin? Admins don't need to be liked, but they need to be respected so that what ever they decide to do, if this is a slay, or a ban, they should be able to see why you did it. You also need to understand that you have had a very bumpy road in Blackwonder, your attitude changes a lot depending on how it will affect you. Like now, you have been really polite and pleasent, but will all that change?

Also, the admins are a team, we work through any issues we have, and assist each other in anyway possible. Would you maybe cause a conflict if you got admin?

Pros:
- Fairly good application.
- Is known on the server he is applying for. (Even if it is bad)
- Active on the servers.

Cons:
- Has been banned previously.
- Can be a right pain.
- A lot admins and members of the community have an issue with you.

Overall, the cons outweigh the pros so I will have to go with -Support.

ɥʇǝɐɹᴉɥ

Notably Dangerous
Me and you have had our fair share of arguments and disagreements, but if we ignore that and focus on your application...

First it's a fairly good application, I just really hate your font. You also say you aren't liked on the server... why do you think this is? Do you think this will affect you as an admin? Admins don't need to be liked, but they need to be respected so that what ever they decide to do, if this is a slay, or a ban, they should be able to see why you did it. You also need to understand that you have had a very bumpy road in Blackwonder, your attitude changes a lot depending on how it will affect you. Like now, you have been really polite and pleasent, but will all that change?

Also, the admins are a team, we work through any issues we have, and assist each other in anyway possible. Would you maybe cause a conflict if you got admin?

Pros:
- Fairly good application.
- Is known on the server he is applying for. (Even if it is bad)
- Active on the servers.

Cons:
- Has been banned previously.
- Can be a right pain.
- A lot admins and members of the community have an issue with you.

Overall, the cons outweigh the pros so I will have to go with -Support.

I'll address the dislike factor on the servers; people don't very much appreciate the fact that 1. I actually play the game on the Trade server and 2. That I play Sniper somewhat above average. So, what happens is, I do get some (read: a lot) of insults whilst in-game, insults I just ignore because they don't mean much coming from people who use lennies.jpg every two sentences. As for the respect part, people will usually listen to me, be it in a good or bad way, so I'm sure they would have no problem listening to someone with an Admin tag, if I do get accepted, telling them to not break the rules and applying punishments if necessary.

As for the conflicts in-between the admin team; while it's true that I have caused my fair share of conflicts when I first joined, be it the Cosmo business, shoutbox drama, discord drama, etc.., I'll say it again, that's all in the past. I have no interest in starting any more conflicts, be it with other admins or other players.

The first con; I assume you mean by first Discord/Forum ban for being a righteous asshole, in which case, I completely agree. I have been banned in the past for a good reason but I still think that my behaviour has changed since to better. I don't see how the hacking ban would be my fault, though.

Also, those two last cons are the same thing, really.

MiyukiMouse

Swiss Knife

Miyu

So first you had this nasty attitude but then the Discord ban happend.
Then you were close on getting a time out from the forum too.
But then suddenly the last few weeks you suddenly started behaving.
And then to apply for admin short after.
A persons attitude can't change so drastically to be real.

That you been unbanned for for hacks, let's put that asside.
But you been banned from Discord for disrespecting, provoking and bluntly being rude and only unbanned as you sat out a long time for it and showed you can behave. But I am actually getting annoyed with your attitude (yet again).
So do you really think for yourself, that this application had any chance on getting accepted?

And too be honest, as long as I can, I will fight for your applications to be denied everytime as I really don't see you changing who you are in the near future.

Declined application for obvious reasons. c:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Top Bottom