1. Introduce yourself here so we can get to know you!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Wanting to become an admin? Read up on how to apply for an admin position here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us on discord for fun gaming evenings, discussions, music and much more! https://discord.gg/vnXQgED
    Dismiss Notice

Declined Adding a Map Rotation to the Trade Server

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Melonious, Jan 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melonious

Melonious Notably Dangerous Staff Member

Hey guys, the only actual blw.tf server i've been playing on is the US trade server.
    Listed at this IP : 45.58.116.106:27145
    Some of my friends think the same map 24/7 gets a bit dull.
    Is there any way we can add more of the same type of map? Maybe some more features?

It is essentially a 24/7 deathmatch. Could we add anything?
    This is a thread for some ideas.
    Thanks,
    Melonious

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. BBBlue39

BBBlue39 New Member

I agree, i feel there should be more maps added to the server, this will add more diversity and this will probably give the server the attention it deserves.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Fish-Related Crimes

Fish-Related Crimes The King of Fish Staff Member

I've gotta disagree here.

Map switches on trade servers are incredibly unnecessary, as traders generally stay on the server for half an hour or less depending on whether or not they get offers; traders don't care about maps, they'd like trades. Not to mention, even map resets are very annoying. Hop on Vatican City's server one of these days, and hear the whole server groan when a map reset is announced. While the same map after a long while sure gets boring, that really isn't an issue for trade servers, as traders are constantly switching servers.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Wanka

Wanka Super Bagmin Staff Member

Personally have to disagree. People enter trade servers to, of course, trade and to maybe deathmatch the opposing team. Having a map rotation can possibly jeopardise active trades too, as people with low-end computers could crash having to download new maps/immediately open new maps, or people can forget who they were talking to and trading with. It's happened to me a few times, and as Fish-Related Crimes said, people on places like Vatican detest the map reset.

Repetition isn't all that nice but I think it's best if a map rotation is put far into the backburner for the timebeing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Melonious

Melonious Notably Dangerous Staff Member

You all have a great point. Trade servers are for trading! however this specific server, not many people actually come on to trade anymore. I barely ever see any trading going on. Sorry for the late reply guys!

6. Fish-Related Crimes

Sure, there are a bunch of regulars who don't trade on there, but how would map rotations on a trade server look to someone who went on the server to trade?

7. Benedevil

Benedevil Australium Staff Member

I feel like this would reduce player base drastically. Becauuuuse you know, people like their minecraft map. But I might add some different trade servers with different maps in the future

8. Fish-Related Crimes

Perhaps an unusual trade server? I feel like getting known wouldn't be too hard, as there are only two active unu trade servers right now: Vatican and FP.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.