Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Add upgrades to UberUpgrades

goem

UberUpgrades can get pretty stale after a while due to lack of diversity in high-level strats. I think that there's some untapped potential in certain in-game attributes that are not used in UbUp. Attribute values included for coding convenience.

Weapon Deploy Time (772) & Weapon Holster Time (773) -- This could be important for a few classes, notably Pyro or hybrid melee builds. Upgraded to max, it would allow for some combo potential.

Scattergun Has Knockback (44) & Scattergun Knockback Mult (518) -- These attributes allow you to put Force-a-Nature knockback on other single-fire hitscan weapons, and increase the knockback scaling.

Absorb damage while cloaked (50) -- Reduces damage while cloaked. Would need to either have a low cap like 50%, be very expensive, or be paired with something like slower decloak speed in a Special Tweak.

Mod shovel damage boost (115) -- Applies the Equalizer's missing-health-to-damage-bonus attribute. Contrary to the name, it doesn't only work on shovels.

Slow enemy on hit (32) -- Gives a % chance to slow the victim on hit. Could be used on stuff like Medic primaries or Short Circuit, etc., weapons that are kinda shit currently.

Override Projectile Type (280) -- This has been used to let medic shoot bullets, but there are many more uses for it. Here's a list of known projectile IDs. This would let us do things like make any grenade launcher shoot cannonballs or make a minigun shoot rockets.

Fire rate bonus with reduced health (651) -- old Panic Attack effect

Flame reflect on collision (838) -- Makes flames bounce off surfaces, simple geometry style

Flame gravity (841) -- Makes flames have gravity. Could be used as part of a new Special Tweak

Cake :3

Notably Dangerous
Staff Member
Admin
Hey Trbz. Let's get to it.
1-st. Deploy time reduction already exists & its pretty fast (-90% max) & very cheap. Its in Body>Movement upgrades
2-nd. Also exists. Just not on all scatterguns. The knockback mult would be pretty useless & annoying.
3-nd. Spy already has -20% by stock & it feels to me like its enough. Why would you need more survivability while cloaked. The only reason that seems logical to me is tank builds. & im trying my best to discourage playing as either Tanks Or Glasscannons. So thats a personal no.
4-th. Same as the above. Encourages Glasscannons to exist.
5-th. It seems like you have not played this game when it was a thing so im just going to tell you this. Everyone who played for long enough practically hates it. Its not coming back.
6-th. The usage of that on syringe gun is just meant to make syringe gun an actual usable weapon later on. In case of rescue ranger its actually tough to nail headshots with arrows & it kind of sucks compared to other engi choices. Other weapons dont need it in terms of balance.
7-th. You can hit a person only 13 times/s. More firerate wont do you much. Unless you are trying to go for a glasscannon build. Which is again. Not ok.
8-th. no. I dont have a valid reason not to add it. But im just not gonna.
9-th. It only makes it harder for you to hit enemies in air & people like to jump/strafe a lot.
I can see that you tried to find stuff that could make the game slightly more customizable but most of them encourage a playstyle that im heavily trying to discourage.
If there is anything else you wish to suggest, go for it.
& Sorry for the long wait btw.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom