Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Add rule to Hidden

General Zimmer

Store Manager
Imagine yourself as hidden, and some guy begin to point out your position. Is that fun? Hopefully not. So I think hidden should have a "No Ghosting" rule, or edit the "No exploiting" rule to also mention "No Ghosting" in the decription.

A 3 days poll have been added.

Last edited:

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

You will most likely be moving and jumping so if a guy Points out your position you have most likely jumped away from that spot. You dont just stay still for 3 seconds waiting for someone to ghost. Its more important to have that rule on jailbreak because when reds are rebelling they camping and its easier to spot if someone is ghosting. I vote no.

General Zimmer

Store Manager
You will most likely be moving and jumping so if a guy Points out your position you have most likely jumped away from that spot. You dont just stay still for 3 seconds waiting for someone to ghost. Its more important to have that rule on jailbreak because when reds are rebelling they camping and its easier to spot if someone is ghosting. I vote no.

The hidden(or at least I) somtime stand still to wait for a target to pass by, and some hidden's are forced to sneak in spawn rooms with a lot of players. A random guy saying "THE HIDDEN IS IN YOUR SPAWN!!!" can easily ruin the hiddens sneak attack(and kill him in this case). It is true that the hidden moves a lot, but ghosting can still be abused.

Edit: i forgot to mention that, even if he moves a lot. The hidden's position can still be pointed out by warning that he's close to someone. Or he's moving in/out of a special door/room

Vick30

Meatball

Vick

The hidden(or at least I) somtime stand still to wait for a target to pass by, and some hidden's are forced to sneak in spawn rooms with a lot of players. A random guy saying "THE HIDDEN IS IN YOUR SPAWN!!!" can easily ruin the hiddens sneak attack(and kill him in this case). It is true that the hidden moves a lot, but ghosting can be abused too.

Its a diffrence.You are constently invisible on the hidden, you arent on JB. The players dont have xray now do they. If you were ghosted you could just run away and pretend like nothing happened. Players dont have godlike reflexes so if someone ghosts It usually takes about 5 seconds for them to realize and when they check you are already gone to Another Place.

Now, I can agree when it comes to continusly ghosting in mic can be annoying. But whats the Point of doing it. You arent really making a diffrence unlike JB.

General Zimmer

Store Manager
Its a diffrence.You are constently invisible on the hidden, you arent on JB. The players dont have xray now do they. If you were ghosted you could just run away and pretend like nothing happened. Players dont have godlike reflexes so if someone ghosts It usually takes about 5 seconds for them to realize and when they check you are already gone to Another Place.

Now, I can agree when it comes to continusly ghosting in mic can be annoying. But whats the Point of doing it. You arent really making a diffrence unlike JB.

A good Ghoster would announce the hiddens position as soon as possible or at least before he actually do. It to give people more time to realize it.

edit :and, I'm thinking about the people that's constantly ghosting, since. The good ghosters aren't that common

Last edited:

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Imagine yourself as hidden, and some guy begin to point out your position. Is that fun? Hopefully not. So I think hidden should have a "No Ghosting" rule.

A 3 days poll have been added.

This should be automatically applied via the "no exploiting" rule as you exploit spectator mode to gain information for your team you should'nt have, atleast that's how it has been handled on vsh and surely other servers (wich don't have this specific rule).

Otherwise yes, if the "no exploiting" rule doesn't cover this already it might aswell be a general rule.

General Zimmer

Store Manager
This should be automatically applied via the "no exploiting" rule as you exploit spectator mode to gain information for your team you should'nt have, atleast that's how it has been handled on vsh and surely other servers (wich don't have this specific rule).

Otherwise yes, if the "no exploiting" rule doesn't cover this already it might aswell be a general rule.

Good point. If people can understand that. The no ghosting rule isn't needed.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

I hope @Vick will change his opinion if it just gets added to "no exploiting" as it still allows ghosting but limits it to cases in wich your team doesn't receive unfair advantages, I know it too well from vsh, when the Hale or a scout are camping somewhere without reason you are allowed to ghost them, but if for example an engineer isn't done upgrading/placing his buildings you are not as it would give the boss an advantage.

General Zimmer

Store Manager
I hope @Vick will change his opinion if it just gets added to "no exploiting" as it still allows ghosting but limits it to cases in wich your team doesn't receive unfair advantages, I know it too well from vsh, when the Hale or a scout are camping somewhere without reason you are allowed to ghost them, but if for example an engineer isn't done upgrading/placing his buildings you are not as it would give the boss an advantage.

Agreed, but The Hidden should have Wall-Hack if the Hidden have "glow_outline_effect_enable 1".

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 4)

Top Bottom