Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Add Blw.tf logo

Bigunit

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
Adding an advertisiment logo
1626805037352.png
on the bottom corner of the screen can increase online on the servers.
It´s very effective when TF2 Youtubers record their videos on our servers. People love playing with their favourite youtubers and just try the server, unique gamemode where they are playing. Youtubers have always been the most effective way to advertise something. Viewers will see the server´s logo and it will push them too look into server list.

Also when person is playing with a small logo on his screen, he can easy remember the server´s name he been playing on due how our brains work, which can help the player return to the server in the future.

I don´t think a small 5 letter logo can annoy someone. We can also add a command to disable the logo: (/disablelogo)

Real Darkness Owl

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member

Catty

Bump this, I agree with what Bigunit said, could be beneficial to have a lot more players to join and increase popularity!

sunstep

Truly Feared
This might interfere with game_text entity. If the plugin and map use the same channel, the text of the map gets cancelled out. Skial also has this problem, game_text rarely works there. I assume they might have set it to a channel that's commonly used by mappers because I've managed to fix that issue on their server by changing the channel of the text that's on the map.

I've also heard that channel -1 should do the trick in the plugin? Not sure but I'm pretty sure Benedevil can get it sorted out. Just wanted to make sure op is aware of this issue.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
I wholeheartedly agree with this, I've been seeing lots of youtubers play on our servers recently (or maybe it's my recommended feed) and we're the only major server host that doesn't have a watermark.

Chris TCC

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Admin
well guys, I think we should start a petition or something. I spoke with bene, and he ain't too keen with the BLW watermark idea.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom