Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Add a /message command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
When there's an admin on and you 1. Don't want to blow his/her "cover" or 2. You simply want to ask the ADMIN a question. You can't really chat with the admin without giving him/her away so my suggestion is that we add some kind of message commands not just for chatting with admins but maybe to chat with other players. Now there's going to be someone ( @Ben289 , @Grizzly @Wanka @Viking @will5023 ) saying that this can 1. Be used to spam to admins and 2. Ghosting. So if we were to add this then 1. Make it so that the person who gets the message only gets it's after the round ends/ the player dies and 2. Add an ignore command that's makes it so you won't receive messages from that particular person!

Wanka

Head Mod
Staff Member
Admin

spoi

There's already a command that players can use which sends a message to the admin(s) that're on the servers. I've no idea what it is but I know it exists because Gamus loves pestering me with it.

Pablo The Wizard

Face Melting
There's already a command that players can use which sends a message to the admin(s) that're on the servers. I've no idea what it is but I know it exists because Gamus loves pestering me with it.
I think you mean !calladmin but if I'm correct that is only usable for donators. And I mean just in general and where you can receive and send messages to others admin or not

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

If I remember right you have to open team chat and basically do something like this

@ hello admin

If that doesn work it's @@

Ben289

Ben Junior

Ben

Okay, so if this is going to be server side only, just add the person you want to private message. Steam has this amazing feature called "Private Messaging" which is literally what you want, but instead of only being able to message people on the server, it allows you to message them anywhere!

If they don't add you on steam, it is unlikely they want to receive your messages anyway. But if the message is only sent at the end of the round, or when they are dead, then again, whats the point? What if I want to message this person while I am alive? What would I do then? Use steam.

So if you need to message admins only, use "@ (message)" in chat. If you want to talk to someone on the server, add them as a friend or add them on discord using the features they provide on there.

2010wolf | Blw.tf

Wooh, Sick airshot duuuuude!
Staff Member
Admin
Mapper
wait... can't you just do that by using /psay (player) (message) ??? while that admin(ANY PLAYER) is in the same server you are in?
or did i misunderstand the thread?

i'm so confused @_@ (as always)

ALSO OMG 600 MESSAGES KLFSDJFKAJFWIOA#RI#@_(ARIFJDZKM
feelscuteman
ok
kill me now
thanks.

Last edited:

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
There is a command to message admins directly. type /chat [message] to message all online admins on the current server.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
wups.

Do say_team [message] in console.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
MISINFORMATION

It's '@ [message]' without the apostrophies in TEAM chat.

Scrubs.

Also, on all servers, spectators have a separate teamchat as well. Use that if you know they're spectating suspected rulebreakers.

Timo

I watch you sleep c:
Staff Member
Admin
MISINFORMATION

It's '@ [message]' without the apostrophies in TEAM chat.

Scrubs.

Also, on all servers, spectators have a separate teamchat as well. Use that if you know they're spectating suspected rulebreakers.
wups.

Do say_team [message] in console.
That's the same thing you goof.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Top Bottom