Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Completed Ability of Ignore Gaben

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Gaben is a friendly Bot that informs us of every little update with steam, tf2, csgo, and many other things I couldn't care less about. If this only happened once and a while I'd say "Oh well, this big boy may not be anything I care about but he hasn't much to say I do reckon I do" but the problem is he posts many times a day.

I was gone for a couple of weeks while enjoying the benefits of being sick and not wanting to sit up at a computer, and when I came back there were ten pages of unread posts. This would usually be good and a sign of nice active forums, which they are, but so many of those posts were just Gaben informing me something was 10% off or whatever.

On top of that, I had the luxury of picking through the posts to find what was an actual post I would like to read, and what was a Gaben update.

If he were ignorable this would not be a problem, and the people who look forward to every individual Gaben post would still have the luxury of looking at every individual Gaben post.

Viking34

Alleviator of freedom
Staff Member
Manager
Admin
A good fix would be to just remove Gabe's mod status on the forum, as I think this will allow regular users to block him manually.

Benedevil

Blackwonder's Own
Staff Member
Owner
Developer
Game deals will no longer be displayed as unread threads

EDIT: CSGO and TF2 updates are now excluded as well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom