Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined Aarons Guard Ban Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronAaron

Strange
Ban Link: (demo)

Steam Id:
STEAM_0:0:33031542

Who was I punished by?
10000 Cold Knights - team banned for two weeks

Why should we revoke your punishment?
I was reported by Supreme for two reasons:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Favouritism

The definition On the website for Favouritism states:
"You cannot give specific players on the red team an advantage over the others. This could include pardoning only them, giving them a free pass on a minigame for no reason while the remaining reds are forced to play it, having uneven teams on team-based minigames, or allowing them to rebel with impunity. "

At tick 3700 , I made reds crouch walk following the taunting medic, this grouped the reds together and gave no overall unfair advantage to the taunting medic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2. kill order

The Pyro at 19800, Backtracked and refused to continue with the course, there's a reason why this was a 'kill order', because he did not continue. I also stated"... unless he makes this jump" in which he didn't.

These are the reason why I believe my ban was invalid, through explaining favouritism and why the Pyro was not unfairly killed in the demo.

Hopefully this gets resolved :)
Aaron.

Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
I will personally review the demo after lectures today and go over what happened.

@10000 Cold Knights is free to give his input as well.

@AaronAaron Please use the provided appeal form in the future or your thread can be marked invalid.

10000 Cold Knights

Sentinel
Staff Member
Admin
Howdy Aaron,
Line leaders have never been allowed on our servers, something that I have a hunch you knew considering you said that you "didn't care if it was favoritism" or not. Not only that, you let reds with a specific taunt taunt walk to a location while the rest had to bum rush, both of which are clear cases of favoring certain reds.
Now onto the kill order.
You didn't give any orders such as "1st to finish gets LR," "You have to make continuous progress," or "You have to finish by X:XX." You just told the pyro to hurry up, then marked him as KoS when he backtracked, which might've been forgivable if there weren't guards present inside the minigame. Similar to how reds can ignore active days to hit baiters that enter their cells, reds can ignore any orders you've given to hit and kill baiters inside minigames as long as they don't exit said minigame. The fact that you effectively ordered the pyro to his death for no reason, and allowed your guards to bait to do so, is why I considered this a kill order.
I'll be attaching the demo to this response if anyone wants to look at it, and will be leaving this open for others to weigh in, but as it stands, I'll likely be declining this appeal.

Attachments

• jump.dem
    12.7 MB · Views: 147

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Watched the demo

1. Favouritism

The definition On the website for Favouritism states:
"You cannot give specific players on the red team an advantage over the others. This could include pardoning only them, giving them a free pass on a minigame for no reason while the remaining reds are forced to play it, having uneven teams on team-based minigames, or allowing them to rebel with impunity. "

At tick 3700 , I made reds crouch walk following the taunting medic, this grouped the reds together and gave no overall unfair advantage to the taunting medic.

"I don't care if it's favoritism"

Refer to
Line leaders have never been allowed on our servers, something that I have a hunch you knew considering you said that you "didn't care if it was favoritism" or not. Not only that, you let reds with a specific taunt taunt walk to a location while the rest had to bum rush, both of which are clear cases of favoring certain reds.
You didn't give any orders such as "1st to finish gets LR," "You have to make continuous progress," or "You have to finish by X:XX." You just told the pyro to hurry up, then marked him as KoS when he backtracked, which might've been forgivable if there weren't guards present inside the minigame. Similar to how reds can ignore active days to hit baiters that enter their cells, reds can ignore any orders you've given to hit and kill baiters inside minigames as long as they don't exit said minigame. The fact that you effectively ordered the pyro to his death for no reason, and allowed your guards to bait to do so, is why I considered this a kill order.

You ordered the red kos baselessly and then gave permission for a guard to bait him before freekilling him.

Appeal denied in accordance with 10ks perception of the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Top Bottom