Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined A Team Required VSH/FF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish Fox

Drifty Boi
So many people complain about certain hales, bosses or whatever being very hard to beat and that is because nearly no one trys to use the one advantage that the team has against a hale. Sure you may have the odd engie or medic helping out but its very rare to see a team really working together. What I suggest is a server where you have buffed the bosses slightly and where you have to have a microphone or be willing to talk to your team mates in chat. This could make taking down an especially tough boss all the more rewarding with people that will actually cooperate and not just go hide somewhere like a turtle engie. This is simply my suggestion it had been buzzing around in my head for a while now though I may as well see what others think of it.

Steve Harvey Oswald

Blackwonder's Own
Making the Hale harder would not force anybody to play as a team.

Forcing people to use microphone is just a way to upset people and lose a playerbase. Same with simply typing in chat, though to a lesser extent.

We should not try to force team work. It just won't happen. Smart people will work as a team, and usually they will be able to beat an average Hale. Dumb people will not work as a team, and either play the obvious loner classes (spy/scout), ragequit, or spend an awful lot of time watching other people play the game.

Experienced people will already know what they're doing and will almost always end up fulfilling a class's role in fighting a Hale, while newbies will watch and learn until they too become experienced. No need to force team work, no good way to force team work.

Also, can you imagine if everybody had mics?

"OH MY GOD THAT HALE SOLO RAGED ME"

"BAD HALE"

"TYPE RTV FOR A FREE HAT"

"OH MY GOD THIS HALE JUST SINGLED ME OUT STOP GOING AFTER THE MEDICS"

That's how you become known as the community where only 12 year olds play.

Jiggly

Wicked Nasty

Hadi

Red playing as team dependson their will to do so, their skill and ability to communicate.
As Steve already said, this is not forced in any way by either buffing the hale and forcing communication via mic.

Also as of right now, VSH is build around Red not working as a team, I learned in a competetive vsh community and when even only 8 of the Red members were from that community you could say goodbye to the Hale in under 2 minutes, altough I do not think anyone would actually join a Server with buffed Hale.

But I get what you mean, right now on a 24/24 full server around 4 people fight the boss, whilest others fail trying, die or just do other random things, I definitely am for competetive VSH but this isn't the way to do it, nor do I see anything like that possible in the near future.

Edit: Uploaded some footage of the current VSH situation.

Attachments

• myvshexperience.dem
    3.4 MB · Views: 273
Last edited:

Jim

Cutiepie.tf
Staff Member
Admin
Necrobump cleanup.

While on paper the idea works, I don’t think Bene is going to use a server slot on a variation of an already established mode and restrict people based on their mic. Besides that, if the server were to gain traction, most plebs aren’t going to know or care about the “mic needed” rule and even of those who know, a skilled hale can wipe a team out anyway especially with his buffs.

If I missed some glaring point, ping me to reopen this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Top Bottom