Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Declined A small rule for Death Run

One of the things that happen rarely is death letting only 1 person (while there are other players alive) to get a freerun. Although it's really rare to happen it still is something that can be annoying and kind of unfair at the same time. For this reason I thought that it would be better to have a rule for Death Run that says "No Favouring" or "No Favourtism". I got the idea from other servers that have deathrun mode and they forbid that kind of action. It's propably meant already but making it clear would make it better. Also if this rule is added, I'd suggest to not have a huge punishment since it's something not that important and it falls to the category of the "don't suicide as death". Of course I won't whine if it doesn't get added since it is still a rule that can be understood.

Last edited:

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

I disagree, I don't see why this should be a crime, it also couldn't be regulated, in some cases you can't tell if someone is being "favored". If someone says "freerun for Bob" just ignore him and play deathrun normally.

Lucas

Not really active
Staff Member
Developer
Admin
I disagree, I don't see why this should be a crime, it also couldn't be regulated, in some cases you can't tell if someone is being "favored". If someone says "freerun for Bob" just ignore him and play deathrun normally.
Isn't it kind of unfair though?
You want to play Deathrun while some random guy is allowed to go to the end and choose a minigame.
The minigame choosing should be a reward for winning, yet when "Bob" gets to the end, the game ends for the others and the chance to be the first to choose a minigame is given to a random guy

Buster

Who you gonna call?!
Staff Member
Admin

Corvin

It's just not important. It's deathrun. And as I said, sometimes you can't tell if it's favoritism what's happening. Most of the time the death can't even do it and Bob dies because somebody else is close to him. Also, I don't remember ever having a rule like that. And also, if a minigame gets chosen, others should be happy as well, who cares if you reach the minigame or another person, in the end what matters is that you got minigame.

It's simple. If someone says "freerun for X", it's not a freerun. That can be "freerun for pyros" or "freerun for Bob". Trust me, you couldn't regulate a rule like this, and it doesn't make a difference in the first place.

So again, death can't just give freerun to 1 person (the chance of this working out is very low), it's very hard as everybody is going at it at the same time. And even if it somehow happens, it doesn't make any difference and people shouldn't be upset. It's Deathrun, not Jailbreak, you don't have to have constraints for everything. Adding a rule like this would be over regulation. You would take away more than give back.

Flynt

Hmmm

Flynt

It's just not important. It's deathrun. And as I said, sometimes you can't tell if it's favoritism what's happening. Most of the time the death can't even do it and Bob dies because somebody else is close to him. Also, I don't remember ever having a rule like that. And also, if a minigame gets chosen, others should be happy as well, who cares if you reach the minigame or another person, in the end what matters is that you got minigame.

It's simple. If someone says "freerun for X", it's not a freerun. That can be "freerun for pyros" or "freerun for Bob". Trust me, you couldn't regulate a rule like this, and it doesn't make a difference in the first place.

So again, death can't just give freerun to 1 person (the chance of this working out is very low), it's very hard as everybody is going at it at the same time. And even if it somehow happens, it doesn't make any difference and people shouldn't be upset. It's Deathrun, not Jailbreak, you don't have to have constraints for everything. Adding a rule like this would be over regulation. You would take away more than give back.

A rule like that is easy to regulate, the thing is that you have to be willing to do it.

The 1-2 weeks that I was admin here I would go to spectator every time a persons said he gave freerun for one person (which was one of their friends most of the time) and I punished them if they actually went through with it. Just because no one or barely anyone complains about it doesn't that doesn't make it okay to do stuff like that.

will5023

Can fly, can fight, can crow.
judging responses ima move to archive mainly because it's hard to regulate and we already have a no favoritism rule for stuff

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

User Who Replied This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Top Bottom